Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 7:54:40 PM EDT
I often hear this criticism that the Israelis don't have enough tankers to strike Iran with their 50 F-15E's and 50 strike configured F-16's.

What about this:

I realize these are Tornados.  I have a picture of a F-15 buddy tanking a probe equipped F-16 in my old WAPJ, but I can't find the pic online.

IDF has used buddy tanking pods in the past.

IDF has developed various probe systems for F-16's (don't know if they bought any - but a quick batch of 50 could have secretly been built by now)

IDF uses C-130's

A tanker force of 707's, F-15C's with buddy pods and C-130's could possibly allow for sufficient range and take off warloads of the 100 attacking aircraft.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
100 strike aircraft aint enough.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
100 strike aircraft aint enough.

Says you.  You don't need to hit every target.  Pick three-four lynch pin targets and you'll set their program back sufficiently to make the strike worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. Never considered the buddy tanking angle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top