Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:04:17 PM EDT
...and I don't have any aspirin, advil, icy-hot, or anything. Best I can do is some ice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mix up a good stiff drink/painkiller for starters.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have work at 7am tomorrow morning. No painkillers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Suck it up Nancy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Suck it up Nancy.

I'm a big baby

Pray for me
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously, knees there ain't much you can do but bear the pain. It'll probably stop for awhile after a while
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have work at 7am tomorrow morning. No painkillers.

Get some tic-tacs in the morning to mask the smell of booze, your employer will never know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seriously, knees there ain't much you can do but bear the pain. It'll probably stop for awhile after a while

I'm turning into an old man. Being 23 is a bitch I tell ya
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have lots of experience with knee pain (12 knee surgeries).  I have had prescriptions for Celebrex, Bextra, Vioxx, Naprosyn, and other anti-inflammatories.  Pills are convenient and can last for 24 hours, but nothing that I have used is as effective for a few hours as ice.

Use a waterproof bag (large enough to cover your entire knee) stuffed with ice, or more conveniently use a large high quality reusable cold pack (such as Col-Pac).  I keep several large Col-Pacs in my freezer at all times.

Strap the ice on tightly (compression is also good for your knee) for 10 - 15 minutes.  If your ice is much below freezing insulate your skin with 1 layer of paper towels to prevent frost bite.  You should also elevate your knee above your heart when doing this.

This makes your knee feel better and reduces swelling and inflammation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]
dibs on guns, ammo, optics, mags, accessories, and gear.  Seriously man, knee problems suck, my mom had 2 replacements, you'll be fine though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had a lot of injuries to my knees and if the ice doesn't work try taking a hand towel and getting it wet and put it in the micro for a minute or so whe you take it out unfold it and make sure you can handle the temp before putting it on the knee.  Moist heat helps if ice does not. oh yeah and elevate the leg above the heart.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Tramadol as a pain killer got me thru torn ACL/Miniscus and recent shoulder surgery
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Get some naproxen 220mg when you get a chance.  Two every 6-8 hours.  I'm sorry you're hurting and realize that any advice is pretty useless right now.   Hope you get to feeling better.

P.S. don't take this or any other non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs if you have an active stomach ulcer or a history of stomach ulcers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been trying to fall asleep for the last hour but can't do it. I usually fall asleep within 5 minutes but my left knee (and even the leg now) is absolutely killing me. I've tried elevating it, icing it, laying on my side elevated, laying on my side normal, everything.

I did find some ibuprofen and took 600mgs worth (3 pills). I need to be awake for work in 5 hours and I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep at all tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top