Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:04:07 PM EDT
damnit!! that's what I get for being in a hurry...

The day I leave for a trip I go to move my bikes so I can get on of my cars in. I move the DR650 and Fz1 over and go to move the harley when I bump the peg on the FZ with the front tire of the Harley and down the fz goes into the dr falling  like dominoes.

I had the FZ up on the center stand and bumped it just enough and knocked down both bikes. The fall broke a side cover and mirror and some damage to the fairing on the FZ...The DR was undamaged.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch, in before a nasty comment from KirkP.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

he'll blame my tires...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I know how you feel.

I took an old license plate off my truck and flung it toward the trash can. The plate skipped over the top of the can and hit the rear fender of my Harley taking out a dime size chip of paint.

My son knocked over my V max with less than 100 miles on it, denting the tank and breaking the clutch lever. Another
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he'll blame my tires...

"See, cruisers are dangerous"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just fix it up and advertise to sell it "never down"

J/K that really sucks, I've knocked my bike(s) down before.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I dropped my BMW once.  It just leaned over 45 degrees before it came to a rest on a cylinder head.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
That sucks. Good luck, hope you find the parts cheap.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that sucks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Friend an I bought a bike to learn on (you'll see I've learned my lesson and I'll never buy something with anyone ever again).  It was an '89 Honda VTR 250.  So we were driving around a parking lot and dumbass decides to gun it on a 1/4 mile dead end road with plenty of loose rocks and sand on the pavement.  He hit the brakes (I don't think he still knows it has a rear brake ) and it wobbled and the next thing I saw was a rooster tail of sparks in the air about 20 feet tall.  Whole right side was pretty much destroyed.  Handlebar was crooked and I could never get it straight, fuse box cover was destroyed, brake lever snapped off, brake pedal was bent to hell, knocked the right turn signal off, busted the brake light cover off, and ground a nice big hole in the muffler.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I can sympathize. Never dropped my bike, but did have to lay it over once. Trying to move it around in a tight space, when it tipped over past the "point of no return", and I had no choice but to lower it down. No damage to the bodywork, but it put a big crack right down the middle of my 3-day-old, $125 after market windscreen. Arggghhh!

Shit like that always happens when you're in a hurry.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks.  My ninja 250 tipped over and it bent the rear brake lever and broke off about 1-2" of the front brake lever.

I bent the rear brake lever back and just said fuck it with the front brake lever and it was still rideable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Not into bikes but i have my own car related stories to ease your pain.

Just finished hanging a new quarter panel on the 65 mustang in my avatar. Took me a good month due to a body work noob learning curve. Next day utility company decides they need to access telephone pole in adjacent yard and back their truck down my drive. Bang smashed right into the new panel leaving massive dent. They jet and denied the whole thing even though my neighbor watched them back down the driveway nobody else uses.  

Secondly just got finished converting a clean 4 cyl 92 notch back to full v8 rag. Under the hood tuning the car and ask the fella who backed it out to fire the engine. Opens door hit the ignition and VROOM car was left in gear(Neutral switch wasn't installed yet) door gets stuck on fence pole and folds over like a pancake bending the door skin and front fender
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/95800-95899/95896.gif

Oh... I am gettin' me one of those!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top