Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
1 and 4 are all you need.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1 and 4 are all you need.

Those are the best ones for sure.

This was a 6 disc set for $35 came with a digital copy and a bonus disc ...The real Vietnam

Haven't watched that yet.....I'll see how it is
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I like 2, 1, & 3; in that order.  The Jerry Goldsmith's sound tracks are better than the movie. Don't know about 4, haven't seen it yet.

BTW:"Rambo V has been confirmed and is in pre-production [4].On February 2, 2008, Sylvester Stallone informed Reuters in an interview that making a fifth Rambo would depend on the success of the fourth movie but that he thought he was "gearing one up" and that it would "be quite different".[5] On March 10, 2008, Moviehole.net revealed that in an interview with Metro magazine, Stallone said that he was "half-way through" writing Rambo V and that it would not be another war movie.[6] On March 20, Moviehole.net also said that ScreenDaily.com had revealed that the film would be shot in Bulgaria and later received word from a source that Bulgaria was to double for John Rambo's home town in Arizona.[" from Wikipedia
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I think they should have stuck to the suicide ending in the first one. Sure, it's a downer, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense for a depressed vet who "snaps" to kill himself than it does for a 60 year old Special Forces soldier to keep coming back every time there's a dirty little war.

With that said, 4 ended on a strong note, and I'd watch a fifth, hoping for a good movie.
If anything, I'd like to see a PROPERLY DONE prequel. Sure, the flashback scenes show why Rambo's got such an inner battle happening, but was he drafted/voluntary enlistment? How'd he get out of Vietnam, if he was tortured in a POW camp? Rescue/release/escape? Again, it would have to be done right, or it would be just another Vietnam movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top