Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 1:41:16 PM EDT
Hope this isn't a Dupe.  Y'all have to hear this.  I've never heard it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMf8o47Q_g

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hope this isn't a Dupe.  Y'all have to hear this.  I've never heard it better.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMf8o47Q_g

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice job.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I get goosebumps every time I hear the National Anthem sung and sung well.  

Bravo girls, bravo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Dupe from March 1, sorry.

Link

But it's a reasonable one.  So don't be too sorry.  Those little Ladies are Fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper should have got these girls to sing the anthem instead of that silly fuck Rene Marie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I love it when people sing it properly.  Well done.

None of that  "Ooooooh say, I say, I say to you!  Can Na you seeeeeeeee yee yee yee yee yee yee" crap that turns it into 20-minutes of agony.

But at least that's better than Roseanne Barr.  She deserves an Army boot to the head for every word that she "sang."  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Texas
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw it on here awhile ago too, but who cares. It's one of those things that could come up once a week and I'd watch it.

Very well done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper should have got these girls to sing the anthem instead of that silly fuck Rene Marie.

No shit. Bet he's had more than a few folks tell him that too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, I'm going to be the bad guy.  While it was good, I've seen a lot better verisons by youngsters. I would class it as average at best.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow

edit: forwarding
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OK, I'm going to be the bad guy.  While it was good, I've seen a lot better verisons by youngsters. I would class it as average at best.

Well, that "average at best" performance -by your estimation- brought tears to my eyes.  No BS about keyboard dust getting stirred up or anything.  I welled up.

I'm a 6'4" 250lb truck driver, but I get chills when I hear our anthem.  It goes something like this:

O! say can you see by the dawn's early light
shiver
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
first feeling of tears coming
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
gulp
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
vision blurring
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Cue waterworks; tears on m cheeks

I don't sing.  No karaoke.  No "happy birthday."  No performances.  

The only two times in my life that I have sung:  Rucking my sons to sleep when they were infants, singing "You are my sunshine" and the National Anthem.  And it's none of this mumbling lip-sync.  I sing.  I can't hit some of the notes, but damn it, I'll try and people turn and look at me.

One time at a minor leage game in Frisco, TX, a young kid (old enough to drink, but not by much) turned and said "Dude, why do you sing so loud?  Jeez."  And I replied -all credit to Lewis Grizzard- "Why DON'T you?  Dude?"

By the way, that's the United Spirit Arena at Texas University in Lubbock, TX.  I Googled and found that these girls are the "Cactus Cuties."

(Lubbock Avalanche-Journal)

They sang Texas Tech-Baylor game Mar. 8, 2008.  One of the girls was 8 years old, one was 13 and the other three were 11.  There's only four cuties on their website where I found this picture:

I can't believe that harmony came from those little girls.  Good vocal coach.

-p.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]
outstanding
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Average?  For 8 year olds?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Whatever
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The girls were amazing, but I'm more appreciative of the crowd that didn't start yelling and cheering way too early.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top