Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 9:54:13 AM EDT
We have a crappy $100 walmart special steam cleaner that keeps breaking.  I'd like to get something new, because I don't want to pay $40 every few months to steam clean my carpet (the one I have now doesn't really even work that well).

I also don't want to drop the $600+ to buy one of those professional rug doctor deals.  Anyone recommend something that isn't a total POS yet won't break the bank?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one of those POS bissell steamers and it failed, as well.

Thre really isn't a middle ground (that I know of) between the Hoover-type steamers and the semi-professional/rentals like the RugDoctor.

I gave up and got the Bissel "little green" for spots.
Works great for small spots and furniture.

Then, I said "fuck it" and got wood floors for the living room, kitchen and hallway.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Carpet is nothing more than a mold, mite and filth farm that you have to vacuum.  Get rid of it and get some sort of solid surface.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Carpet is nothing more than a mold, mite and filth farm that you have to vacuum.  Get rid of it and get some sort of solid surface.

Yeah well I bought a house with brand new carpet, so maybe 10 years from now I'll consider that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bissell,does a pretty good job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top