Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 8:23:20 AM EDT
I got a call from a buddy at work just now. Seems management wants to put me on a machine I was never fully trained on. The bit of training I did receive was over 5 years ago and was never completed, since that time I haven't touched that particular machine. Can you say "Unsafe Act"?

ETA: The thing that really pisses me off is this will force the other operator to work twice as hard to pick up my slack.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got a call from a buddy at work just now. Seems management wants to put me on a machine I was never fully trained on. The bit of training I did receive was over 5 years ago and was never completed, since that time I haven't touched that particular machine. Can you say "Unsafe Act"?

Can you say, "OSHA"?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you say, "OSHA"?

The best part is I can drop a 2000 pound roll of paper on the unwind stand about 10 feet by hitting the wrong switch "Danger Will Robinson Danger!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you say, "OSHA"?

Yep. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure that you are fully trained on any hazardous machinery before you work with it.

Partially completed training five years ago doesn't fit the bill, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top