Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 8:01:32 AM EDT
I just won an auction for a couple hundred pieces of 10mm brass on the E'Gay. This auction was a relist after it did not sell previously. I contacted the seller and offered a price I was willing to pay and the seller then posted a "buy it now" to suit. I "bought it now" and paid immediately using E'Gay's homosexual partner GayPal. Well, now I have an email from the 'Gay saying that the auction is cancelled for violating their rules.

I know now that the selling of evil, unprimed cartridge brass on that site is not allowed after a bit of research, but how did they find the auction only after I won it? Were they knowingly willing to take the sellers listing and re-listing fees knowing they could cancel the transaction later if it sold? Does the 'Gay keep the sellers listing fee?

What is the great fear shared by the two Gays in question? What will happen when I open a box of 10mm brass? Does EGay and his GayPal believe I'll be overwhelmed by ill-will for my fellow man and open fire upon breaking the seal?

What intellectually retarded rationale do these pansies have for banning something as inherently benign as lumps of brass? It would abide by the rules to sell or buy a brass dildo large enough to hunt elk with there, but no cartridge brass!

Am I over-reacting? Are the 'Gay twins as gay as I believe
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess you can sell the stuff on egay but not use gaygal to pay for it because egay doesn't swing that way.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Pretty much.

You're lucky you didn't get your paypal account closed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.

You're lucky you didn't get your paypal account closed.

I don't trust them enough to leave any money sitting in my account anyways nowadays. They've taken me for more than a few bucks in the past as well as effectively aided outright theft by a seller overseas once by refusing to investigate to any significant degree in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]
i cancelled a long time ago

what was once a clever idea is now a fleamarket full of cock gobblers selling cheap crappy knockoff shit, using a thieving shit for brains pay service (or should i say disservice)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just won an auction for a couple hundred pieces of 10mm brass on the E'Gay. This auction was a relist after it did not sell previously. I contacted the seller and offered a price I was willing to pay and the seller then posted a "buy it now" to suit. I "bought it now" and paid immediately using E'Gay's homosexual partner GayPal. Well, now I have an email from the 'Gay saying that the auction is cancelled for violating their rules.

I know now that the selling of evil, unprimed cartridge brass on that site is not allowed after a bit of research, but how did they find the auction only after I won it? Were they knowingly willing to take the sellers listing and re-listing fees knowing they could cancel the transaction later if it sold? Does the 'Gay keep the sellers listing fee?

What is the great fear shared by the two Gays in question? What will happen when I open a box of 10mm brass? Does EGay and his GayPal believe I'll be overwhelmed by ill-will for my fellow man and open fire upon breaking the seal?

What intellectually retarded rationale do these pansies have for banning something as inherently benign as lumps of brass? It would abide by the rules to sell or buy a brass dildo large enough to hunt elk with there, but no cartridge brass!

Sigghhh No eBay does not take the listing fees and keep them for an item they do not allow to be sold.

As I have explained these are policies forced on the two companies by regulators and Visa and Mastercard. They are simply not allowed to offer firearms or shooting related material. Simple as that believe it or don't.

I'd say that if you think eBay and PayPal both large corporations would purposefully piss off whole segments of the population just for shits and grins you need to overcome the following bits of reality.

The former CEO of eBay and most of the exec staff are conservative or at least moderates

None of us that started PayPal are anti gun. Many of us shoot together often.

There is no upside to arbitrarily being anti gun there is no benefit both in PR or revenue there is only bad PR and bad revenue

If they were anti gun you'd think they'd try to capitalize on such a stupid move by at least publicly speaking out against guns and taking a stand.

Some of us are lifetime NRA members our donations actually go to gun causes not anti gun causes.

There is not 1 benefit to having anti gun policies.

There are some pretty big benefits to abiding by the rules put on them and actually many many many payment companies on the internet. But folks will continue to overlook the fact that lil fact.

Anyhow none of this matters if you gents think PayPal and ebay are anti gun and won't listen to reason that is good to go too and I am sure they'll do fine regardless.

And the OP gets big points for the use of eGay and GayPal.. I have never seen that before very original and is an extremely adult way to get an extremely adult idea across.

Well done OP.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]
listing fees+final value fees+paypay fees=not worth my time to sell anything on there
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
eBay's just covering their asses. They used to allow any firearm parts before Cho bought a mag off eBay and went on his rampage. Now they're just scared of any negative publicity in case the next shooter buys something off them. People still find ways to bypass them though, there was an RPK parts kit that sold there yesterday, described as a "dummy rifle".
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sigghhh No eBay does not take the listing fees and keep them for an item they do not allow to be sold.

As I have explained these are policies forced on the two companies by regulators and Visa and Mastercard. They are simply not allowed to offer firearms or shooting related material. Simple as that believe it or don't.

I'd say that if you think eBay and PayPal both large corporations would purposefully piss off whole segments of the population just for shits and grins you need to overcome the following bits of reality.

The former CEO of eBay and most of the exec staff are conservative or at least moderates

There is no upside to arbitrarily being anti gun there is no benefit both in PR or revenue there is only bad PR and bad revenue

If they were anti gun you'd think they'd try to capitalize on such a stupid move by at least publicly speaking out against guns and taking a stand.

Some of us are lifetime NRA members our donations actually go to gun causes not anti gun causes.

There are some pretty big benefits to abiding by the rules put on them and actually many many many payment companies on the internet. But folks will continue to overlook the fact that lil fact.

Anyhow none of this matters if you gents think PayPal and ebay are anti gun and won't listen to reason that is good to go too and I am sure they'll do fine regardless.

And the OP gets big points for the use of eGay and GayPal.. I have never seen that before very original and is an extremely adult way to get an extremely adult idea across.

Well done OP.

Bullshit

Corporations as large as eBay and paypal would most likely to be to fight Visa if they wanted to sell gun stuff. Heck they could even go to a new credit card system.

BTW right after Virginia Tech ebay drastically tightened their policies on gun stuff. I doubt Visa was behind that so quick.

Ebay is anti gun, no doubt about it.

Heck they locked my account for selling a tactical vest once. Thats not even against their policies but they did it anyway because it held "assault rifle magazines"

And this was 4 years ago, long before your auction would get pulled for simply mentioning the word AK47. 4 years ago you could still sell AK47 shell extractors, Ak47 cleaning kits, stuff like that, that isn't allowed any more.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
eBay's just covering their asses. They used to allow any firearm parts before Cho bought a mag off eBay and went on his rampage. Now they're just scared of any negative publicity in case the next shooter buys something off them. People still find ways to bypass them though, there was an RPK parts kit that sold there yesterday, described as a "dummy rifle".

No you couldnt sell any part before VT. Assault rifle parts have been banned for years.

You could sell hunting rifle, handgun, and older military rifle stuff until VT.

Now you cannot sell any part that is required to fire the weapon.

IE no bolts, mags, etc.  You can still sell sights, scope mounts, etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
g/f just got a cheap holster for 14 dollars shipped.  Better then anywhere else for a new one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done OP.

Well, I do try for originality It would appear that EGay does not always refund listing fees for items on the banned list. This is right off the website;

Note: eBay fees on listings cancelled due to a policy violation may or may not be refunded, depending on the policy violated and/or the seller’s prior (non)-compliance with eBay policies.

They have much discretion to decide whether they will keep your money or not it would seem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done OP.

Please tell what "regulations" they violate by facilitating the sales of shooting related items they recently banned?? Is ebay subject to different rules than Cabelas, Brownells, and Midway, and Gunbroker? I have used all to buy items in interstate commerce which are banned by ebay and paypal, and paid for them with plastic.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
[Sigghhh No eBay does not take the listing fees and keep them for an item they do not allow to be sold.

Well done OP.

Go here to see donations  
I don't believe I'd use the word conservative.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Sigghhh No eBay does not take the listing fees and keep them for an item they do not allow to be sold.

Well done OP.

Go here to see donations  
I don't believe I'd use the word conservative.

Hmmm...I do see much more cash for liberals than Republicans there. I did see one contribution to Ron Paul though and that's good. Their employees do appear to give more cash to liberals as a rule.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'll take "dont" for $600, Alex.  I can buy guns, gun parts, and misc accessories over the internet from damn near anyone, and pay with Visa or MC with zero problems.

If you are willing to share the source documents of these policies "forced" upon them, I might change my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top