Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:56:50 AM EDT
Screw her, I don't think her sentence was long enough in the first place.

Marion Jones asks Pres. Bush to commute steroid sentence -
Jones among hundreds of felons applying for pardons or commutations
Applications are reviewed by Justice Dept. and recommended to the president
Jones sentenced in Jan. to six months in prison for lying to investigators

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Disgraced Olympic track star Marion Jones has asked U.S. President Bush to commute her six-month prison sentence for lying to federal agents about her use of performance-enhancing drugs and a cheque-fraud scam.

The Justice Department confirmed Monday that Jones is among hundreds of convicted felons who have applied for presidential pardons or sentence commutations, but would provide no further details. A pardon removes a conviction from someone's record, while a commutation only reduces or eliminates the person's sentence.

Such applications are reviewed by the Justice Department, which makes a recommendation to the president.

It's unclear when Jones, who won three gold and two bronze medals at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, made the request. She entered prison March 7 in Fort Worth, Texas.

After frequently denying that she ever used performance-enhancing drugs, Jones admitted last October she had lied to federal investigators in November 2003. Jones also admitted lying about her knowledge of the involvement of Tim Montgomery, the father of her older son and a former 100-metre world-record holder, in a scheme to cash millions of dollars worth of stolen or forged cheques.

Jones was sentenced in January to six months in prison and 400 hours of community service in each of the two years following her release. She was sentenced to six months on the steroids case and two months on the cheque-fraud case, but was permitted to serve those sentences concurrently.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You take the person out of the ghetto but ....
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I can think of two border patrol agents sitting in prison right now on 10 years sentences that are MUCH more deserving of a pardon.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
F her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't really care as long as he pardons Ramos, Compeon and Scooter Libby first.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
do the time
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Yet another reason, never to talk to the police.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait wait...

Olympian taking steroids lies to federal investigators, uses steroids had medals stripped from her because of her use during the Sydney 2000 games, yet wants a pardon?

Sorry cupcake. You should keep your head down in shame for being an embarrassment to the USA and for being an Olympic cheat.

Suck it up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can think of two border patrol agents sitting in prison right now on 10 years sentences that are MUCH more deserving of a pardon.  

you got that fuckin' right!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wait wait...

Olympian taking steroids lies to federal investigators, uses steroids had medals stripped from her because of her use during the Sydney 2000 games, yet wants a pardon?

Sorry cupcake. You should keep your head down in shame for being an embarrassment to the USA and for being an Olympic cheat.

Suck it up.

Not only that but she's involved in a multi-million dollar check fraud scheme too?

Where's Judge Roy Bean when you need him?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The Check Fraud she absolutely deserves to burn for, but why is the .gov wasting time investigating juiced athletes?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wait wait...

Suck it up.

Not only that but she's involved in a multi-million dollar check fraud scheme too?

Where's Judge Roy Bean when you need him?

I saw that too on her Wiki page.

Her request is an insult and worthy of a few more months in the "cooler"

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

QFT.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+ 100000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the statistics on how many pardons the last few Presidents have actually granted.

Clinton 478
G.W. Bush 47

If Bush started now and pardoned TWO criminals every day he still wouldnt come close to what Clinton did!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't really care as long as he pardons Ramos, Compeon and Scooter Libby first.
We all know Scooter is goingto get pardoned. Cheney wont let him rot, I bet he has some of the best accomadations a felon has
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top