Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 3:42:03 AM EDT
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=27630

I swear, if he picks Rudy or Romney I am going to be furious............
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Can't blame him, really.  He's so far to the right, he's got to shore up the RINO and moderate vote, you know.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

1. Romney =
2. Rudy =

That said, there is no goddamn way he would pick Rudy. Why? Look at the primary results. The MSM may have been giving him a blowjob for over a year with their fake polls showing him smacking down everyone else, but the people spoke. They didn't want to touch Rudy with a ten foot pole. Even asleep-at-the-wheel Fred Thompson destroyed Rudy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

At least one can carry a few states and one can carry the democrat vote.  The trick to is successfully identify which is which.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Man I hope he picks someone good, because he's gonna need all the help he can get in Nov.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Romney might  be a good executive but he is a liberal POS
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Who cares about that?  Let's here more about Obama and his trip to the mideast to bring peace!  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Turn your head and cough...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Will not be Rudy.  It's looking like Rudy may run for governor of NY.

I'm hoping for Sarah Palin, Tim Pawlenty, or Mark Sanford.

Probably will be Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Romney =
2. Rudy =

Ditto on that.

The only thing I don't want to have happen is when I hear the announcement, I don't want to go "WHO?!?"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh I can't wait.

This election year sucks terribly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe he will pick himself, but himself will probably turn it down because of a disagreement over certain policies.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Whatcha gonna do, not vote Republican?  AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#15]

MITT MATCH
While Mitt Romney's set of paid PR minions are busy pushing out Mitt for Vice President spin, McCain campaign insiders say that while it's true they have polled Romney on the bottom of the ticket, the data confirms that such a move would be a political disaster for the party.

"Mitt tanks the ticket," says a McCain insider. "We lose fiscal conservatives. We lose social conservatives. We lose Catholics. We lose evangelicals. All the groups were spending time and money on bringing into the camp would be lost. He just doesn't help us enough to do something like this, as much as Mitt might think we should. He doesn't even win us Massachusetts."

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13563
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
messengerandadvocate.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/romney-2.jpg

Any suggestions on a product I can use to get the grease off my monitor from that pic?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
messengerandadvocate.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/romney-2.jpg

Any suggestions on a product I can use to get the grease off my monitor from that pic?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd bet Romney.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd bet Romney.  

If it is Romney, then its probably time to put down a deposit on a nice tombstone for the Republican Party.  There just aren't enought people that weren't going to vote for McCain, but now will w/ Mitt on the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
The announcement is supposed to come in New Orleans. That may be intended to throw off speculation but it could mean that Jindal is the choice.

Jindal is not all that well known but if anyone is a conservative Barack Obama, Jindal is. He is younger than Obama and HAS actually accomplished things in his political career.

If I had to bet money, I would bet on Romney. The guy has money, the economic/financial knowledge, the orgnization and millions that will vote for him on one issue...Just as millions will vote for Obama on another issue.

I like Jindal better myself, he is a real-deal conservative.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The announcement is supposed to come in New Orleans. That may be intended to throw off speculation but it could mean that Jindal is the choice.

Jindal is not all that well known but if anyone is a conservative Barack Obama, Jindal is. He is younger than Obama and HAS actually accomplished things in his political career.

I just hope, that should it be him, that he does not become tainted, tarnished or corrupted by McCain.  I would hate to see him having to adopt and stand behind some of McCain's stupid policies. however, hopefully this would pave the way for him to run for POTUS in 4 years as a strong Conservative.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#22]
SSDD
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd bet Romney.  

If it is Romney, then its probably time to put down a deposit on a nice tombstone for the Republican Party.  There just aren't enought people that weren't going to vote for McCain, but now will w/ Mitt on the ticket.

You only speak of conservatives.  Mitt seemed fairly popular during the early primaries and was dubbed "more conservative" than McCain by the popular media.  I don't like him but that doesn't mean that masses won't.  What does he add to McCain?  Nothing IMHO but a waste of a title (Republican) on a person who isn't any more conservative than the buy running with for the Republican party.

Hell, even Rob-Arms liked Romney.  

I doubt it would be Guliani.  If Clinton was in the fight maybe but at this time no.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd bet Romney.  

You only speak of conservatives.  Mitt seemed fairly popular during the early primaries and was dubbed "more conservative" than McCain by the popular media.  I don't like him but that doesn't mean that masses won't.  What does he add to McCain?  Nothing IMHO but a waste of a title (Republican) on a person who isn't any more conservative than the buy running with for the Republican party.

Hell, even Rob-Arms liked Romney.  

I doubt it would be Guliani.  If Clinton was in the fight maybe but at this time no.

In before TNROBOCOP  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#25]
From an economic standpoint Romney makes some sense IMO.  

I'd love to see Jindal personally.  Newt can't say enough about him and every time I've heard him interviewed he has impressed me.  His age could be a double-edged sword, though.  On the one hand he will give the McCain ticket a boost on the oft-criticized "old age" front, but on the other hand I think it could draw some flack due to McCain's repeated "inexperience" comments targetted (rightly so, of course) at Obama.   Regardless, I think this guy is an up-and-comer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I just wont go vote. Unless he can offer me a very big carrot.

Ie: Hell appoint a nra and jpo endorsed candidate the new head of the ATF. Or maybe promise us a full wall with mexico

ETA: Who are we kidding we all want free govt cheese thats what the tv teold me .

But seriously hell have to make a hell of an offer to the conservatives to get the spot I think jindal is still in the running as is Christ and maybe that hot chick from alaska
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]
he will pick Romney.

I can't stand romney.

I wish he would pick Thompson.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
he will pick Romney.

I can't stand romney.

Well thats our fear. Romney has alot of money behind him
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

This is how many voters would see that duo.....

Its going to be Romney.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

videodetective.com/photos/147/006200_11.jpg

Its going to be Romney.
I pray for jindal or that hottie from alaska. It gives all the feminazis a reason to vote mccain if he picks her. Though Obama may counter it with Hillary and lose his base doesnt want politics as usual
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm still going to vote for him either way at this point.

Fuck it.

All I'm going to say is that he better not die in office while Romney is VP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Thompson is exactly what this country needed. He just ran his national campaign poorly and only started to go on the offensive in the debates late in the game after Huck had already took his voters. He may not have done well with the 30 sec sound bites but I liked his plan.

I really think McCain is going to pass away in office, either in his first term or his second.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

videodetective.com/photos/147/006200_11.jpg

Its going to be Romney.
I pray for jindal or that hottie from alaska. It gives all the feminazis a reason to vote mccain if he picks her. Though Obama may counter it with Hillary and lose his base doesnt want politics as usual

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top