Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 8:40:17 PM EDT

I bought a new truck on July 3rd. I figured while GM was doing 0% interest, I'd take advantage. So, I bought a 2008 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4cyl. Basically, the only options not on it were 4WD, power seats, and leather. All is well until July 16th at 3:45am while on my way to work. I round a blind corner on one of the little backroads that I take from Smyrna to Franklin. There stands a deer on the side of the road. No big deal, I see deer nearly everyday on the way to work. Well, this one decided to run out in front of me and I hit her. So, needless to say, I'm livid.

I take the opportunity to press the OnStar button to get a police officer out there to make a report. Well, I hit the button and get put on hold. I wasn't hurt and it wasn't an emergency, so I didn't hit the emergency button. So I get the person on the line and explain to her what happened. She asks if I'm ok and if I need a tow truck. I explain that I am ok and just need an officer so I can make a report for my insurance.

Well, the officer shows up a few minutes later. I explain to him what happened, he asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. Well, my proof of insurance hadn't come yet in the mail and still hadn't been processed online. So I explain that to him, well of course he doesn't believe me. He says he should write me a ticket but he's going to let it go this time.

Yeah so anyways, it caused about $1900 in damage. I dropped it off this morning for them to start working on it. I took a week of vacation this week so as to not have to worry about trying to get a rental car. Considering my insurance makes me pay for it up front and then they reimburse me for it. Which I also didn't know until I filed the claim.

Sorry for the long post guys, but i just needed a rant.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The deer was running sideways?
Sorry about the truck.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
no but it would be hard to tell what it was if i drew it the other way
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's one of those crab-crawling ones.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's one of those crab-crawling ones.

I'm glad you're ok.  I've seen some cars that have hit deer, and it's not pretty.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Well, my proof of insurance hadn't come yet in the mail and still hadn't been processed online. So I explain that to him, well of course he doesn't believe me. He says he should write me a ticket but he's going to let it go this time

You got a 2008 truck, they wouln't let you off the lot with out Insurance
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry man, that is rough-but at least you weren't hurt-physically
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, my proof of insurance hadn't come yet in the mail and still hadn't been processed online. So I explain that to him, well of course he doesn't believe me. He says he should write me a ticket but he's going to let it go this time

You got a 2008 truck, they wouln't let you off the lot with out Insurance

i had insurance, i just had not gotten the little piece of paper that said i did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top