Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 7:07:20 PM EDT
I'm doing a PPT for a fairly expensive rifle tomorrow. The only rifle case I have is a soft case I used for my Mosin Nagant. For the 10 day wait, the rifle will be sitting in the shop. It worth picking up a hard case at a local gun shop (and getting raped $ wise), or should I just use the soft case for now and in the mean time search for a hard case for a decent price on EE/other local firearm sale sites I frequent.

Its a hunting rifle with a nice scope.

I'm not sure how good soft cases are at doing their job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm doing a PPT for a fairly expensive rifle tomorrow. The only rifle case I have is a soft case I used for my Mosin Nagant. For the 10 day wait, the rifle will be sitting in the shop. It worth picking up a hard case at a local gun shop (and getting raped $ wise), or should I just use the soft case for now and in the mean time search for a hard case for a decent price on EE/other local firearm sale sights I frequent.

I can only see a problem if you throw the case down your driveway to give it character, while the rifle is still inside.

Should be just fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm doing a PPT for a fairly expensive rifle tomorrow. The only rifle case I have is a soft case I used for my Mosin Nagant. For the 10 day wait, the rifle will be sitting in the shop. It worth picking up a hard case at a local gun shop (and getting raped $ wise), or should I just use the soft case for now and in the mean time search for a hard case for a decent price on EE/other local firearm sale sights I frequent.

I can only see a problem if you throw the case down your driveway to give it character, while the rifle is still inside.

Should be just fine.

Thought so...never seemed to have trouble with it in the past. Than again, only used it with Mosins...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top