Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 6:10:47 PM EDT

Looks like the M3X (Insight) might be able to from what I'm reading. Anything else out there?

If not, does LaRue make an adapter (from Glock rail to a 1913 rail)?

I understand they are two different rails, but I'm wondering if there is a light that uses an attachment method that allows it to be secure on both.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
tlr 1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tlr 1

You're sure, as in you've mounted the same light on an AR-15 and a Glock with no problems?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tlr 1

You're sure, as in you've mounted the same light on an AR-15 and a Glock with no problems?

I have mounted a TLR-1 on the accessory rail for my H&K USC as well as on my Glock 17. It fits fine on both.

The benefit to the TLR is that you mount it with a screw that tightens, rather than a pull down rod like on an M3. This means that it will fit well on rails that might be slightly smaller or slightly larger. The downside is that you mount it with a screw that tightens, and you'll need a nickel to take it off, and it isn't very fast to remove. If you're looking for one light to swap between both weapons then I would keep looking. If you want two lights but want to standardize than go for it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Appears that the M3X is rail specific, but the regular M3 can mount on 1913 or Glock style rails (according to Midway).
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Looks like the M3X (Insight) might be able to from what I'm reading. Anything else out there?

I understand they are two different rails, but I'm wondering if there is a light that uses an attachment method that allows it to be secure on both.

They are essentially the same, minus the spacing of the slots. Even so, just about every weapon light will secure on a Glock rail just fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are essentially the same, minus the spacing of the slots. Even so, just about every weapon light will secure on a Glock rail just fine.

I disagree.

I have a Streamlight M3 that I use on my Glock 19 right now. When it's on the Glock it fits tight and stays in place well. However, when I mounted it on my USC it rattled quite a bit and seemed way to flimsy to use on that gun.

As I said before, the TLR-1 has a screw that tightens rather than a spring loaded rod like the M3. This allows the TLR to adjust to fit a rails that may be a little bigger or a little smaller and still have a firm mount.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree.

I have a Streamlight M3 that I use on my Glock 19 right now. When it's on the Glock it fits tight and stays in place well. However, when I mounted it on my USC it rattled quite a bit and seemed way to flimsy to use on that gun.

As I said before, the TLR-1 has a screw that tightens rather than a spring loaded rod like the M3. This allows the TLR to adjust to fit a rails that may be a little bigger or a little smaller and still have a firm mount.

+1

My M6 is murder to get off my G19, but it's almost  loose on my Kimber TLE/RL II
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Tlr-1, I have it and I throw it on everything, Ive never even changed out the glock adaptor for it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I've put a glock light on both, and a tlr1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The Surefire X200 and X300 come with both adapters.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]
TLR-1.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used my Surefire X200 on my SAW and M4 and M16 before that as well as on my Glock 17 with no problems. Same with my M6.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree.

I don't see how what we are saying is in conflict. The OP is under the impression that the Gock rail is fundamentally different like the USP rail which is wrong. Yeah there will be differences in fit as with even "mil spec" pic rails, which is why many prefer Larue over ARMS, but standard weapon lights will still work with both. I agree with the TLRs, the tightening screw is great. Especially if you get the models with a laser. Personally I would get the TLR-2, I always feel like the bulb is about to go out at any moment with incandescent lights.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're not thethe exact style same rail. That's why most lights come with different rail pieces for mounting to either a Glock or a 1913 rail.

I've found what I'm looking for, a light who's mount style does not require swapping out rail pieces to get a perfect fit on both rails.

right back at ya.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#15]
My M3 fits perfectly on both my Glock 22 and my Surefire M73 foreend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're not thethe exact style same rail. That's why most lights come with different rail pieces for mounting to either a Glock or a 1913 rail.

I've found what I'm looking for, a light who's mount style does not require swapping out rail pieces to get a perfect fit on both rails.

right back at ya.

I said *essentially*, except the spacing of the slots, learn to read.

Any weapon light that can slide onto a glock or "standard" rail will slide onto a pic rail. The only difference is there will be more play on the 1913 rail since the slot is about .05" wider. The other way around, it will just be tight on the Glock or you can shave the plastic key in 5 seconds. If you insist, you can probably get a key to "fit" one of each, Insight and Streamlight both have different keys for each. Makes sense for a laser but for an M3 series you are making much ado about nothing. Ask Larue for an "adapter" if you want
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#17]

tlr-1 fits on all my guns with out changing the  adapter.

Quoted:
TLR-1.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#18]
My X200 does without switching the pieces.  The locking tab that fits GLOCK rails should be the proper 1913 width- but I'm not quite sure on that.  I don't change them out when I swap the light from weapon to weapon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#20]

<==TLR1 light user, on Glocks and Pic rails.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've mounted a TLR-1 and a Surefire X200 to both with no problems. What sort of rail system are you using?

All that glitters isn't milspec....

LaRue.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

right back at ya.

Any weapon light that can slide onto a glock or "standard" rail will slide onto a pic rail. The only difference is there will be more play on the 1913 rail since the slot is about .05" wider. The other way around, it will just be tight on the Glock or you can shave the plastic key in 5 seconds. If you insist, you can probably get a key to "fit" one of each, Insight and Streamlight both have different keys for each. Makes sense for a laser but for an M3 series you are making much ado about nothing. Ask Larue for an "adapter" if you want

Than they aren't the same, are they?

My question was if there is a light that will fit both rails securely. "A little slop" is not secure, now is it? RIF.

I'm done with you. I asked a question to get a straight forward answer, not a half assed attempt at insulting me. As you just admitted, they are not the same rail. I don't know why you have this bone to pick that there's not a reason to question the fit of a light if they're not the same rail. That's the issue, and that's the question revolves around.

I've found the answer to my question from other posters in this thread, in addition to some more poking around on a few manufacturer's websites.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

right back at ya.

Than they aren't the same, are they?

My question was if there is a light that will fit both rails securely. "A little slop" is not secure, now is it? RIF.

I'm done with you. I asked a question to get a straight forward answer, not a half assed attempt at insulting me. As you just admitted, they are not the same rail. I don't know why you have this bone to pick that there's not a reason to question the fit of a light if they're not the same rail. That's the issue, and that's the question revolves around.

I've found the answer to my question from other posters in this thread, in addition to some more poking around on a few manufacturer's websites.

Ahh... the irony

7.62 x 51 and 308 are technically different but essentially the same also. That doesn't mean you can't use them interchangeably in most (but not all) circumstances. God forbid there be a gap in your weaponlight's (spring loaded) key. Maybe the Accuwedge people will make something for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ahh... the irony

7.62 x 51 and 308 are technically different but essentially the same also. That doesn't mean you can't use them interchangeably in most (but not all) circumstances. God forbid there be a gap in your weaponlight's (spring loaded) key. Maybe the Accuwedge people will make something for you.

What is your problem?

I wanted to make sure it would fit correctly. Why do you have such a problem with that? I've never used a pistol light on a rifle before and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems before I bought something? Does that require you shitting in my thread to find out?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#25]
My X200s/X300s fit on the Glock snugly, the AR with a tiny bit of slop, the Sig 220R/226R tight but are a PITA to remove...I've never swapped the adapters which were included with the lights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top