Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:58:09 PM EDT
McCain is due to announce his VP selection this week.  What do you think of Jindal for his VP selection?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Good way to line him up for the presidency in 2012.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping for Joe Lieberman.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Not my first choice (too young), but he'll be OK.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I like JC Watts, but Jindal is a good pick too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I could stomach voting for McCain if he chose either Bobby Jindal or Duncan Hunter as his VP.

If he chooses some cocksmoker like Bloomberg, Guiliani or Romney as his VP I'm writing in Mr T for president. McCain's fairly reliable 2A stance was about the only plus I can think of and choosing a gungrabber running mate would wipe that away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of the guy before - but this is what I found on wikipedia

Bobby Jindal has a 100% pro-life voting record according to the National Right to Life Committee.He opposes abortion without exception. However, he does not condemn medical procedures meant to save the life of a pregnant woman that would indirectly cause the termination of the pregnancy. Jindal also supports the use of emergency contraception in the case of rape.He opposes embryonic stem cell research and voted against increasing federal funding to expand embryonic stem cell lines

As a private citizen, Jindal voted for the "Stelly Tax plan", a referendum named for former state Representative Vic Stelly of Lake Charles, which swapped some sales taxes for higher income taxes. Whether or not the "Stelly Plan" is giving the desired results is still hotly debated statewide. Early Republican challenger Steve Scalise challenged Jindal on his vote for this tax plan before Scalise dropped out of the congressional race in 2004. As Governor, Jindal initially opposed reforms to the Stelly plan that would result in over $300 million in tax cuts. He latter agreed to the tax cut after the legisilature appeared headed to eliminating the entire personal income tax which Jindal also opposed.Talk show host Moon Griffon subsequently refused to air radio ads paid for by the organization Believe in Louisiana crediting Jindal for Stelly reforms saying "Now, they are taking credit for the biggest income tax cut in the history of Louisiana and I felt like it was a lie. To be real blunt, very misleading and it was an outright lie because he had fought hard against it," .

Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and the Real ID Act of 2005.Jindal has an A rating from Gun Owners of America.

He is a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee. In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress.

Jindal also supports co-payments in Medicaid.

In 2006, Jindal sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761), a bill to eliminate the moratorium on offshore oil and gas drilling over the U.S. outer continental shelf, which prompted the watchdog group Republicans for Environmental Protection to issue him an environmental harm demerit.Jindal's 2006 rating from that organization was -4, among the lowest in Congress. The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues. Jindal's lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters is seven percent. Despite claims that Jindal's bill was successful, H.R. 4761 was replaced by S 3711 (known as the Domenici-Landrieu Fair Share Plan). The original Senate version was passed by both houses of Congress and signed by President Bush.

Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the guy who said he was considering voting for Obama?

Are you serious? Since when?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Was JC quoted saying he is voting Barry O' ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Jindal is a good choice, but its going to be Romney.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#14]
We need Jindal as governor, and I hope he doesn't get picked, but out of some of the names I've seen thrown around as McCain's VP, (Lieberman, Bloomberg, WTF?!), Jindal is far and away the best choice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Jindal...

The guy that signed the body armor law last week?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not him then hopefully Al Gore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the guy who said he was considering voting for Obama?

Are you serious? Since when?

here, google it... yes WND but refers to AP story

another

and another

Ah, posted by WND and reposted by some small time MSM hacks AND NOT A SINGLE Conservative source.

That clinches it.
It must be true
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Jindal...

The guy that signed the body armor law last week?

Sounds like he's get along well with McCain and all the happy feel good legislation...

Governor Signs Body Armor Bill

Posted: July 14, 2008 09:46 AM
Governor Bobby Jindal has signed into law House Bill 1153 by Representative Chris Hazel of Ball making the possession of the body armor a crime at or near a school.

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Starting August 15th, possessing or wearing body armor such as bulletproof vests on school grounds, on school buses, at off-campus events and within 1,000 feet of a campus or in a firearms free zone will be illegal.

Governor Bobby Jindal has signed into law House Bill 1153 by Representative Chris Hazel of Ball making the possession of the body armor a crime at or near a school.

Those convicted of the charge could be jailed for six to 12 months and fined up to $1,000.

The bill also requires school officials to post notices at all entrances to the schools warning of the new law and to notify parents and students of the legislation's effects.

The law comes months after a 13-year-old student brought a .38 caliber revolver and bulletproof vest to McKinley Middle Magnet School. He was charged with carrying the firearm onto school grounds.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I could stomach voting for McCain if he chose either Bobby Jindal or Duncan Hunter as his VP.

If he chooses some cocksmoker like Bloomberg, Guiliani or Romney as his VP I'm writing in Mr T for president. McCain's fairly reliable 2A stance was about the only plus I can think of and choosing a gungrabber running mate would wipe that away.

I'll be writing in Ted Nugent if he picks one of them assholes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Jindal, he would be perfect.  But personally I would hate to see him mixed up with McStain.  Safe him for when we have a chance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#22]
How about Palin or Steel?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#23]
No.

Too wet behind the ears for national mud slinging politics.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
McCain is due to announce his VP selection this week.  What do you think of Jindal for his VP selection?

I'd like to see him fix LA and I think the people of LA deserve it. I would love to see him as VP or POTUS, but I think he has a job to do first.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Well-wired columnist cites sources who say McCain “will reveal the name of his vice presidential selection this week.”

ABC News: McCain to hold undisclosed event in Louisiana Thursday designed to “capture some of the attention” from Obama.

WashPost: McCain to meet with Gov. Jindal Wednesday in New Orleans.

thepage.time.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Jindal is a good choice, but its going to be Romney.

Romney was slightly less loathsome on amnesty (he came around once he saw how pissed off conservatives were) than the Maverick, but he'd have no impact on McCain's dangerous immigration policy, so him being on the ticket means nothing to me. Rest assured, McCain will select a globalist as his VP. Someone just as dedicated as he is to eroding our national sovereignty and precious way of life.

Some of these names being dropped are hilarious. Just goes to show how powerful talk radio is.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No.

Too wet behind the ears for national mud slinging politics.

I don't know, we've been known to sling some mud here, too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]
He should probably pick Pawlenty from MN, but they badly need Pawlenty in the governor's office there.  Same as Jindal.  He is needed in LA.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmm...  isn't Kay Bailey Hutchison retiring this year?  

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]
No save him for 2012 to run against the beast.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I voted no.

I like Jindal, but I think it is still too soon to pick him as VP, because unlike the Democrats, I actually want my presidential candidates to have as much experience governing as possible.

I think the GOP should take a play out of the Dem's play book, and have Jindal give the keynote address at this year's Republican convention. This would be Jindal's national "coming out party," much as it was for Obama in 2004 at the Dem convention.

This strategy would highlight his youthful energy, intelligence, and articulate manner to the entire nation & put his name & face into the public's consciousness, thus setting the stage for a presidential run in the future.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#33]
McCain can have Jindal, because I don't like either of them!  I guess the plus side is that Jindal would no longer be our governor, but the downside is I would have another reason to just stay home on election day.

On another note, if Jindal does decide to run for Vice President, his reputation as someone who NEVER finishes a job will be career suicide for him.  So guess how I voted in this poll!

Lastly, for all of you who think McCain is our "gun" savior, I just want to remind you that he almost switched sides in 2001.  I am sure he would NEVER screw us Pro 2A gun owners.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The guy sis serious PRO 2nd amendement HARDCORE. NRA a +.

Don't fuck with him...I'd rather have Alan Keyes but we take what we got.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top