Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 10:44:41 AM EDT
i got these sights and I think I'm really going to love them.  However the tritium is so dim I can only tell it's glowing at all in almost total darkness.  I see pictures all the time where they are not bright, but you can tell they glow.  

They have a 10-12 year warranty or something so I guess if they get to dim I can always send them in for an exchange or something?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Send them back.  I have these sights on my XD9 and they are so bright in complete darkness to the point that they're nearly distracting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno about returning them if they get dim. The one I have on my Kahr K9 CCW gun seems to work just fine where it's supposed to work... in the dark.

All kidding aside, whenever I do night shoots with my K9, I have no problem seeing the front sight and that big ass white dot is hard to miss in the daytime.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dunno about returning them if they get dim. The one I have on my Kahr K9 CCW gun seems to work just fine where it's supposed to work... in the dark.

All kidding aside, whenever I do night shoots with my K9, I have no problem seeing the front sight and that big ass white dot is hard to miss in the daytime.

LOVE my big dot.  Really shined in the low-light section of the course I took.  It was easy to tell who had them and who didn't.  Mine's not bright but it plainly visible in a darkened room.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#4]
POS.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought an older XS tritium big dot front sight post a while back that didnt have many years left on it... It was on sale somewhere for 17$ of so...
Maybe you got an older unit? I think the MFG date is on it
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I just off the phone with XS sights and they said even though I didn't buy them directly from them they would gladly look at them and if they are defective or not bright enough they would replace them free of charge.  

I think they might be ok though as I'm now seeing others say they are dimmer compared to some other companies.

He also said the rear sight is supposed to be dimmer then the front sight.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have XS sights on 4 of my AR15's, a Glock and my Marlin 336 and I don't have any dimness problems with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top