Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 10:33:11 AM EDT
I've been down for the count the past week with right lower lobe pnemomia and my wonderful wife decided to get me out of the house for a while yesterday. She drove & I got to just ride. We went over to see  some family & just sorta took it easy yesterday.
As we were turning into our subdivision I hear a loud noise and she say's "Crap!" "I've got a flat tire!" It was less than a block to our driveway so I told her to just limp on in.
I got out the jack, the spare, & a big halogen work light. I was struggling with breaking the lugnuts loose when a couple of young men ran up and asked if I needed any help.
I gratefully turned over the lug wrench to my two saviors. The older of the two explained that he was a 1stSgt stationed at Ft Hood and was in on leave helping to get the younger fella ready for bootcamp. The younger fella was leaving for bootcamp on August 12th. They made short work of changing the tire & wouldn't take any thing in return. I gave them each a cold water from the fridge & thanked them profusely. I also told the kid going to bootcamp that he should "make himself small" in boot. When he asked what I meant, the 1st Sgt told him to "stay off the DrillSgt's radar."
So Thanks a lot to these two young men for helping this old Marine out!
I guess I'll just have to pay it forward when I get better!
Hessian-1  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top