Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:24:58 AM EDT
Got a pair of 550s.  Love the jeans.  Fit is great for CCW and even my style.  Well after a few years I go buy another pair and the motherfuckers have changed the deminsions on them.  The pockets are smaller and the fit tighter.  Another reason to buy multiples if you find a pair of something you really like because the designers will fuck it all up for you.  

That is all.

<Title Edit--please don't have any form of the F-word in thread titles.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy the Levi's at Target. They are not the same as 550's or 599 or whatever. I think they call them Levi Signature. I get the Relaxed fit. Good pockets and room for your CCW.

Plus they are between $20-$25.

IBTLH (in before the Levi haters)
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup. I hate Levi's. The only pants that fit me well are the Carhartt carpenter pants. And those are getting harder to find. I think everybody must be a fat migdet also. It seems like every time I go to find pants the only size they have is a 48 inch waist and 30 inch leg.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Got a pair of 550s.  Love the jeans.  Fit is great for CCW and even my style.  Well after a few years I go buy another pair and the motherfuckers have changed the deminsions on them.  The pockets are smaller and the fit tighter.  Another reason to buy multiples if you find a pair of something you really like because the designers will fuck it all up for you.  

That is all.

I have a theory
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yuo wear the frosted kind and peg your pants don't you?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You do realize that Levi's funds a PAC that supports gun control?
Try Wranglers. Cheaper and they fit better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't buy Levis because of their antigun politics.  I do have a few pair that people got me for Christmas though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory
Uh, yea. My thoughts too!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the Wrangler carpenter jeans. Nice and roomy with big pockets.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory
Uh, yea. My thoughts too!

lol

try hang drying them....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#10]
They changed the 569 recently too, I had to switch brands.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have not bought levi's in years

fuck them

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Levi's never seem to fit right. Wranglers or Carhartts for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.carhartt.com/wcsstore/CarharttConsumer/images/header/carhartt_logo.gif

hell yea. nothing better. all i own are carhartt. wearing some right now

and the pockets hide my pf9 great
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck them

+1

I switched to wrangler 20x
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#16]
The cheap Wranglers fit me better and last just as long (and a can prevent guilt about wearing stuff from an anti gun company.)  That said I very rarely wear jeans,  when it's not shorts its Carharts or Wrangler fishing pants.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just dont forget that Carhartt, like just about everything else these days, are made somewhere else, like Mexico or China, and not made in the USA.

I wear Carhartt jeans or cargo shorts/pants 99% of the time.

Levi=Debbil

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck them

Same here, i was a 501 buttonup guy for most of my life,too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yup. I hate Levi's. The only pants that fit me well are the Carhartt carpenter pants. And those are getting harder to find. I think everybody must be a fat migdet also. It seems like every time I go to find pants the only size they have is a 48 inch waist and 30 inch leg.

Finding jeans that fit well is a real chore these days, especially with so-called "vanity sizing" that is becoming prevalent in men's clothing.    Vanity sizing is basically specifying a size that is Y sizes smaller than the true size, so you can say that you wear a size X when you actually wear size X+Y.  

Example:  my "true" waist size is somewhere between 30-32.  I can get away with size 30 in most jeans (e.g. Lucky Brand) even though they are a bit loose.  Enter APC, with "vanity sizing".  I wear a size 28 (!!!) in APC Rescues, which is effectively sizing down FOUR whole sizes from my true waist.  I haven't worn size 28 jeans since college but apparently I can do so again, at the ripe old age of 36.  

It's getting to a point where you can't just order your regular size off the Internet any more; you have to go in-store to try them on (which I hate).  

PS no Levi's for me, they are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#20]
It seems all clothing sizes are screwed up these days. The mexicans just cant seem to get it right. I have medium sized t-shirts left over from years ago that are the same size as the XL ones that I wear today and I also dont have one pair of jeans that fit the same as another.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Agreed. I hate shopping for clothes. I hate trying on everything even more. I'd used to grab a few of the same thing and go try one on. Have to try each and every single item on because they vary in size so much.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a pair of Levis that are LOOSE on me, bought about 5 years ago... I go to buy a new pair, same exact model and size, and they don't pass half of my tights... WTF... I know I packed a few pounds from 5 years ago, so I don't mind buying a bigger size, but making the same sizes WAY smaller is BS.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I believe that given that most of the rest of the world uses the metric system, you get some interesting sizing on stuff made overseas.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory

When that happens to Subnet, he just switches over to mom jeans.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I believe that given that most of the rest of the world uses the metric system, you get some interesting sizing on stuff made overseas.

You may be right.............last time i got levis, i took two pair from the stack.One fit just right, the other pair was tight as a virgin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Never have, Never will
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The cheap Wranglers fit me better and last just as long (and a can prevent guilt about wearing stuff from an anti gun company.)  That said I very rarely wear jeans,  when it's not shorts its Carharts or Wrangler fishing pants.

I've actually found that I can get about two to three years out of a pair of Wranglers, which is more than I can say for any pair of Levis that I ever had.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Kirkland Jeans from Costco. Can't beat them for $15ea.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Unfortunately I've started seeing it in some US-made jeans as well.    I have three pairs of US-made* Lucky Jeans.  All are "vintage straight fit" (different washes, tho) so it's not a matter of a different cut.  Two of them I can wear without a belt, but the other one would fall down if I tried to wear them sans belt.  WTF?

In addition, all three are sized 30 (waist) but they actually measure 32 in the waist.   Again, WTF ...

I may try Rag & Bone jeans next ... sewn in North Carolina so mebbe those guys know how to keep a consistent cut.  

*:  not all Lucky's are US-made.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

I have a theory

You are all some brutal mofos!  I had to laugh too!  I am actually skinnier now than I was 3 years ago though.

and yeah...I just grabbed them form the stack and was like, "Ye'up 550s 34, 32!  Because I hate the mall.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top