Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:11:38 AM EDT
For me it would be during tough financial times I sold off most of my gun collection: Spas-12 with folding stock, Colt Delta H-Bar, Sig Sauer 226 & 229, S&W 8" Model 29 in .44 Mag, Mossberg 590, H&K 91. Lets just say I got about a 1/3 of the value of each gun when I sold them.

What about you?

ETA: Changed the title a bit
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not enlisting when I got outa HS in 85

Besides that , the usual hindsight of machine guns , gold ,land , etc,etc.......
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Not killing that hooker.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
reading this thread
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Not investing every penny I had in 1986 in full-autos. I could probably retire on the appreciation, and still keep a few for myself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Not getting help when I first had PTSD.  I took every opportunity to make a fool out of myself and burned bridges like you can't believe.  I read the book 7 Things that Highly Successfulk People Do, and I realize that I did the opposit.  That said I'm very successful now, but I had to raise my self up after I got treatment at the Tucson VA.  

You all who are coming back from deployment, or a nyone who has gone through something terrible, don't be afraid to get help.  Then be ready to help others.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
hooking up with my wife
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Dropping out of college.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, I got a list but there are several that really stand out:

Not getting surgery done early to my knee so that I could enlist
When said surgery was done I didn't because I had done X, Y, and Z and kept on going with my life.

Certain financial decisions

Marrying my wife....oh just kidding.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Not checking the chamber...

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't regret anything that I did.

I do regret a few things that I didn't do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Getting married so young.  I'd still marry the same girl, just wish I had waited another year or two.  Would have made things MUCH easier.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Getting Married closely follow by not spending more time in the military.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

diddo but for the year.... 2000
My parents flipped out when I wanted their permission/blessing to join the ARMY.
I got to go to college and waste their $$$ and party, party, study once or twice basically waste my time on their bill. That is just what my parents wanted though...... and I never was that bad when I was in HS/younger than 18.

I should have doen what I wanted to do, regardless of what anyone else thought. Eventually my parents would have gotten over it and been proud of me for doing something good with my life. I didnt start to have that atitude until much later.

Also

In the 1rst grade our teacher asked what kind of ship would I have if you could have any ship of any kind.
I answered "the titantic"
She said I cant have that, it sunk. pick another. I chose an aircraft carrier with GIJoe jets on it. I had a flat-top in my crayon drawing.

I should have said "you said ANY ship, not ships still floating. thank you for destroying any element of creativity and stunting my future artistic abilities as well as limiting any form of unique thought I may encounter in my future life. you are surely a major step backwards in my education and a drain of taxpayers dollars. Why dont you and a freind go and eat out of a cup"

that coming from a 1rst grader would be priceless.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Getting married to my ex wife. Quitting my career in police work, and then coming down with a medical condition, that is keeping me from finding work. So far it has pretty cost me everything I ever had. I still try to keep a positive attitude though.
Flyingrhino
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That one mother fucker....I shoulda shot him where he stood when I had the chance.  

Other than that, nothing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Jumping roundhouse when I was about 36 years old. Guy was six feet tall holding the kick pad above his head. I landed, something in my knee went crack, I made it to the shitter in the dojo before puking.

I'll never run again unless I get a knee replacement. No doc wants to replace it until I'm 55 or so....and even then insurance probably won't cover it.

As the 5 different Ortho surgeons said "You have a bad knee...forever"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Same here BUT what do I have now that I wouldn't if I had done those things? I sure as hell wouldn't give up my wife and kids for it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]
not staying in Hungary..and not telling the girl of my dreams. I trully loved her and I just let it rolled without saying anything.

She stayed faithful to me and she was practically a friend and I was an asshole.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Getting thrown off a tractor and fucking up my back.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Going to ITT technical institute
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Playing football.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Can't think of anything major. About the only REALLY dumb thing I ever did was take out a second mortgage on a house (at an obscene interest rate, due to shit credit) to buy toys I just couldn't live without.

Thankfully, housing prices were skyrocketing when I sold the place, and I walked away with a bunch of money in my pocket. But it could have been $20,000 more...

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything. For the most part, I make careful and deliberate decisions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Hiring a show-off SAG-card carrying lawyer that pissed away what will be a landmark case.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Why?  I have a buddy going there...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Dumping the hooker in the river rather than burying her.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I regret foing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Having a girlfriend the first three years of college.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#30]
There are times I wish I'd gone into the Marines for four years.

There are times I wish I'd made training a priority.

There are times I wish I'd made a real attempt at playing hockey.

There are times I wish I'd purchased at least ten times more ammo than I have now.

There are times I wish I'd have pursued being an illustrator, or writer more than I did.

And there are times I look around and I am completely content with what I have.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Not shooting that bitch in the back of the head and burying her in my back yard the moment she told me.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here BUT what do I have now that I wouldn't if I had done those things? I sure as hell wouldn't give up my wife and kids for it.

Same here. Wouldn't give up wife and kids, but I wish I would have enlisted beforehand.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  I have a buddy going there...

It's a waste of money, and means exactly dick when we hire somebody.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Not going into the Suffolk County Police Academy when I was in NY when I made the list. My then fiance did not want to be maried to a Police Officer. I stuck with Corporate saels and travel 70 % of the time on airplanes way from my home and kids,,,yes that is my biggest regret.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I regret getting married.  Actually I regret even going on the first date with my wife.  That whole situation has crushed me and my dreams.    I'm not one to stay down though.  I will come back and be stronger than ever.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish I never listened to my Brother's request of "Wait till I get my chemo before you come to see me"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Having my hands registered with the FBI as deadly weapons.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Moving back to Wisconsin from Colorado in 91
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Wasting most of my 20s on my career.

Sure I have money and I'm set up for the future, but I sometimes lament the lack of fun I would have had.

...all of the ass I could have been tapping instead of working late on fucking releases.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I wish I had done some time in the military.  I'm actually thinking of fixing that by going into the NG.  

I wish I had been involved in sports earlier in my life.  I could have been really good at a few sports.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Not studying what I wanted to study in college. I was too worried about pleasing my parents and they wanted me to get a good job so I "wouldn't have to depend on a man for support". I studied Geography and GIS and now have a techy boring job that's soul crushing, but has great benefits and good money.
I really wanted to study theatre, music, english, sociology...
If I could have any job I'd be a sex therapist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ditto.

Graduated in '85.

I was tested AND accepted into a Naval Avionics school.   Like a blubbering idiot, I chose to stay at home with the folks and do nothing instead.

I can only imagine where I'd be today if I had given it a shot.

The sad part is...  I was in a Navy recruiter's office a few years later and chickened-out again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Regrets;
Joining the Army before I really thought it through- because I should have waited till I was more mature as I could have made better decisions while in. Now I regret leaving the Army.

Wish I would have chose Engineering instead of Business Finance- a salary beats commission every time.

RR

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Not buying a house when I had the money for a down payment.  I was afraid, my husband had just died, and I was grieving.  Couldn't deal with it.

Now I wish I had.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I regret not trying to get into the Marines after HS and college.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Besides that , the usual hindsight of machine guns , gold ,land , etc,etc.......

I'll agree with that. I even talked to the Marine recruiter, just never did it. You military people have my greatest respect, and wish I would have been a part of it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#47]
regret hooking up with 3 redheads
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
My biggest regret is one I didn't do, not something I did...

Quoted:
Not enlisting when I got outa HS in 85...

Yep, but one year earlier for me.  I actually did the first year of ROTC in college, then decided not to continue/make the commitment.

I come from a military family and to this day I regret not serving at all.

Same here, but graduated HS in '87. Did two years in ROTC with straight A's and decided the liberal arts college I attended was filled with liberal douche-bag professors and dropped out. I should have stuck with it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Getting married and not joining the Army instead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#50]
- Slacking off and getting held back a semister.
- Not going to a 4 year school out of highschool in '98.
- Probably should of went into the military.
- Not getting with that hot blonde chick co-worker when I was 19. (Went on 2 dates and I was still a chicken...)
- Not buying a house when they were still cheap in '03
- For caring about this girl that was a total bitch to me. But it's cool, i still hang out with her friends.
- Getting rid of my truck in order to see stupid bitch.
- Should of max out my credit cards with $89 cases of 7.62x39 wolf and yugo/romanian ak parts kits(also $89)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top