Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2001 3:01:00 PM EDT
I kid you not, people are still writing crap like this at this late date: [url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/331/oped/This_war_is_not_just+.shtml[/url]

Its too long to post.  Its amazing what they think up in Kennedy country.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

They think the appropriate punishment for a young, drunk man who flips his car into a 5 foot deep pond, leaving a young lady to drown is...

(drum roll please)

RE-ELECTION to a six figure income.

Teddy Kennedy's car has killed more people than ALL of my guns.

Well, maybe except for my M1's. [}:D] But then, Nazi's aren't REALLY "people" anyway. [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
from the article:
Second, narrow context. The celebrated results that have so far followed from the American war - collapse of the Taliban, liberation of women - are welcome indeed, but they are relatively peripheral outcomes, unrelated to the stated American war aim of defeating terrorism.
View Quote

So, dethroning the Taliban and liberating women is ok, but fighting terrorism is not?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
With quotation marks around every other word through-out his long-winded diatribe, this has to be one of the most cynical people to ever write a newspaper column!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My Letter to the Editor of the Boston Globe:

Sirs,

I am a member of Fire Department of the City of New York. I have had the misfortune to read Mr. Carroll's column entitled 'This war's not Just'. Mr. Carroll, until every member of the FDNY, NYPD, Port Authority Police Department, Voluntary EMS Agencies, and civillians who were killed on 09-11-01 at Box 8087 are avenged, there is no ammount of force that is unjust.

Until you have lost 343 members of your family, you will NEVER understand the angst we feel. Until you have walked a foot in the boots of a Firefighter, Paramedic, or a Police officer, you will NEVER understand that vengeance is the only solution to bring some closure to what has occurred.   I do not now, nor will I ever, care about the poor Afghanistanis who are suffering. I would imagine what I feel towards the Afghan people is similar to what our parents and grand-parents felt about the Japanese and Germans during World War Two. These people have accepted what the Taliban are doing, have not lifted a finger to help themselves out of the predicament they are in, so why should I care?

More than 350 heros died that day, why dont you, Mr. Carroll, get on board and become a patriot like the rest of this country?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
This guy is just jackass who doesn't even have a point.  We're winning, making progress, so all he can do is say is sit back in the peanut gallery and say "well, this isn't very nice".  

The worst thing about these people is that they think they are somehow noble dissidents like Sakarov or Soltzinetizen [sic] when they criticize a violent response to the 9/11 terrorist acts.

In truth, it was an absence of a vigorous and violent responses to the attacks al-queada made from 1993-1999 that gave them the confidence and momentum to carry out the attacks of 9/11/01. These bastards should have been wiped out years ago, but we had Clinton as our 'leader' [V]

So these people should just shut the hell up.  Do they have a better way to deal with barbarians?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I kid you not, people are still writing crap like this at this late date: [url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/331/oped/This_war_is_not_just+.shtml[/url]

View Quote

Is it factually incorrrect?  If so, where?  

Don't get me wrong..... I don't like James Carroll's crap!  But I can't find any points
to challenge him on THIS article.

If YOU can, please provide input!

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it factually incorrrect?  If so, where?  

Don't get me wrong..... I don't like James Carroll's crap!  But I can't find any points
to challenge him on THIS article.

If YOU can, please provide input!

DaMan
View Quote

Your saying that because a country is smaller than us, when it suicidally decides to attack us we should ignore them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
This represents a bunch of extreem libs that are pissed because a conservitive is kicking some ass... they are angry that gore is not tryig to defeat a very evil enemy.
Well they can kiss my ...pat
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]
See [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25195-2001Nov27.html[/url] for Michael Kelly's takedown of Carroll.

"...James Carroll, a writer with a long pedigree as an anti-warrior, argued in the Boston Globe yesterday that it remains the case that, as the headline put it, "This War Is Not Just." He makes three main points.

The first point is that we (although not Carroll) are too "ignorant" to pronounce on this war: "The United States government has revealed very little of what has happened in the war zone. Journalists impeded by restricted access and blind patriotism have uncovered even less." But a glance at the Globe's news section on any given day proves this false. Afghanistan is swarming with reporters who are working independently and free of any U.S. restraints. These journalists have been, and are, reporting daily from every liberated area of Afghanistan and frequently from areas where fighting continues. Six, so far, have been killed on the job.

The "massive bombardment" of Afghanistan, writes Carroll, has been "to what effect?" We just don't know, he suggests. Yes, we do. Again, reporters have filed stories on the bombing effects from all over Afghanistan, including almost every bombed city. Leaving aside the gross libel in the suggestion that American reporters' "blind patriotism" has kept them from fully revealing the truth, what about the many foreign reporters covering the conflict? Has their blind love for America also led them to hide awful realities?

The second point is that "the celebrated results" of the war -- "collapse of the Taliban, liberation of women -- are welcome," but "are relatively peripheral outcomes, unrelated to the stated American war aim of defeating terrorism." But this is also manifestly not true. The collapse of the Taliban is not a "peripheral outcome." It is in fact one of the two "stated American war aims" of the war in Afghanistan (the other is the collapse of the Taliban's partner, al Qaeda, which is being effectively pursued). And, it would seem evident, the collapse of the government that provides state-sanctioned support for the world's largest and most dangerous terror network is indeed integral to "the stated American war aim of defeating terrorism."

The third point is the Old Original Canard that this all should have been handled by "police action, not war. The criminals, not an impoverished nation, should be on the receiving end of the punishment." But the criminals -- the murderous fascists of al Qaeda and the Taliban -- are the ones being punished. "The impoverished nation" is composed of the Afghan people, who have been for weeks thanking us for rescuing them from the tyranny of the criminals.

Carroll bemoans the criticism his camp has come in for. "Next, we will be called 'kooks,' " he writes. No, no, not at all."
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
See [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25195-2001Nov27.html[/url] for Michael Kelly's takedown of Carroll.

"...James Carroll, a writer with a long pedigree as an anti-warrior, argued in the Boston Globe yesterday that it remains the case that, as the headline put it, "This War Is Not Just." He makes three main points.

The first point is that we (although not Carroll) are too "ignorant" to pronounce on this war: "The United States government has revealed very little of what has happened in the war zone. Journalists impeded by restricted access and blind patriotism have uncovered even less." But a glance at the Globe's news section on any given day proves this false. Afghanistan is swarming with reporters who are working independently and free of any U.S. restraints. These journalists have been, and are, reporting daily from every liberated area of Afghanistan and frequently from areas where fighting continues. Six, so far, have been killed on the job.

The "massive bombardment" of Afghanistan, writes Carroll, has been "to what effect?" We just don't know, he suggests. Yes, we do. Again, reporters have filed stories on the bombing effects from all over Afghanistan, including almost every bombed city. Leaving aside the gross libel in the suggestion that American reporters' "blind patriotism" has kept them from fully revealing the truth, what about the many foreign reporters covering the conflict? Has their blind love for America also led them to hide awful realities?

The second point is that "the celebrated results" of the war -- "collapse of the Taliban, liberation of women -- are welcome," but "are relatively peripheral outcomes, unrelated to the stated American war aim of defeating terrorism." But this is also manifestly not true. The collapse of the Taliban is not a "peripheral outcome." It is in fact one of the two "stated American war aims" of the war in Afghanistan (the other is the collapse of the Taliban's partner, al Qaeda, which is being effectively pursued). And, it would seem evident, the collapse of the government that provides state-sanctioned support for the world's largest and most dangerous terror network is indeed integral to "the stated American war aim of defeating terrorism."

The third point is the Old Original Canard that this all should have been handled by "police action, not war. The criminals, not an impoverished nation, should be on the receiving end of the punishment." But the criminals -- the murderous fascists of al Qaeda and the Taliban -- are the ones being punished. "The impoverished nation" is composed of the Afghan people, who have been for weeks thanking us for rescuing them from the tyranny of the criminals.

Carroll bemoans the criticism his camp has come in for. "Next, we will be called 'kooks,' " he writes. No, no, not at all."
View Quote

Thanks, mcgredo!  Much better than just the "Can you believe this sheet?" comments!

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
They favor a "police action".

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Pardon me while a laugh my ASS OFF

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sure, send the Boston Police over with some arrest warrants.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh my sides hurt now, gotta go...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top