Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 10:09:02 PM EDT

Last Modified: 20 Jul 2008
Source: PA News

Five bombs have exploded in northern Spain causing damage but no injuries, officials said.

A person, claiming to be speaking on behalf of Basque separatist group Eta, had phoned in warnings about four of the bombs.

The first detonated without warning around 5am (0300 GMT) outside a bank in the Basque town of Getxo, damaging a cash dispenser and breaking windows, the regional Interior Ministry said in Bilbao.
These news feeds are provided by an independent third party and Channel 4 is not responsible or liable to you for the same.
Share this article
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well when you give into terrorists demands after they attack you, they will continue to do so everytime they want something.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well when you give into terrorists demands after they attack you, they will continue to do so everytime they want something.

Basque separatists have been conducting terrorism long in Spain long before the Spanish Govt chickened out with Al-Queida.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basque separatists have been conducting terrorism long in Spain long before the Spanish Govt chickened out with Al-Queida.

I did not know that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

The Basques are cold-war holdovers like FARC, the IRA and PLO/Fatah...

One of the old USSR's many 'Wars of National Liberation'....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

Ahhh, I did not know that. I thought everything had quieted down after the civil war. Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

But don't let that stop you from adding your commentary anyway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

Ahhh, I did not know that. I thought everything had quieted down after the civil war. Thanks for the info.

Nope - the Basque separatists make folks like Louisiana_Carry look moderate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETA
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

Dig up Franco
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:23:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

The wiki article says their philosophy is Marxism-Leninism.
Louisiana_Carry is an anarcho-capitalist, which places him further down the libertarian spectrum than even me, ARFcom's libertarian irritant extraordinaire.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

Dig up Franco

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

The wiki article says their philosophy is Marxism-Leninism.
Louisiana_Carry is an anarcho-capitalist, which places him further down the libertarian spectrum than even me, ARFcom's libertarian irritant extraordinaire.  

I'm not talking so much about the claimed political philosophy, but the separatist, regional bend in general.

Ironically, the Confederacy under which Lousiana fought was far more nationalist and dismissive of individual rights than the US.

Some folks in the US may have an emotional fondness for the Confederacy, but none are actual out committing terrorist acts to achieve such an end.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#14]
My G.a.F brand Care Meter must be broken.  It's stuck at "let 'em rot".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know that.

But don't let that stop you from adding your commentary anyway.

His point is still valid.  Spain gave into a terrorist group.  It can't help but to encourage any other terrorist group attacking Spain.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top