Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 7:40:29 PM EDT
We picked up north at an orchard. I am going to regret eating so many but they are SOOOO good!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did the gods have to place me in IL? Michigan rocks on so many levels.  Can they be found only up north? Cause there's all kinds of fruit stands on the SW part of the mitten.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ate plenty of sweet black cherries in my day, my friends don't care for them they prefer the lighter ones  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The darker the red, the more ripe. I try to pick the blackest ones, they have the most taste and are the sweetest.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've ate plenty of sweet black cherries in my day, my friends don't care for them they prefer the lighter ones  

bow chicka bow wow
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The darker the red, the more ripe. I try to pick the blackest ones, they have the most taste and are the sweetest.

Thats why I pick my own if possible because I snag the biggest blackest one's I can. The lighter red are a bit sour and the  baking cherries are bleh for eating. The yellow sweet one's are pretty good but I still prefer the Black sweet ones myself.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yummy.
Id forgotten all about them. I wonder why we dont see them as much in the NorthEast?

Must be the soil
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bow chicka bow wow

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yummy.
Id forgotten all about them. I wonder why we dont see them as much in the NorthEast?

Must be the soil

It's quite sandy up there, close to the soil I have at home but it's quite a bit cooler, I haven't tried to grow black cherry trees down here tho I should give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bow chicka bow wow

Boom Chicka boom... you are gonna have the SHITZ!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
A month ago I put up some big fat ripe cherries in a jar of everclear.  Quite tasty now.  

Sampled some throughout the process, and they REALLY shouldn't be bothered with before about week three.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A month ago I put up some big fat ripe cherries in a jar of everclear.  Quite tasty now.  

Sampled some throughout the process, and they REALLY shouldn't be bothered with before about week three.

I "might" have to try this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Many a night have I done the same... Cherries and arfcom go hand in hand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't eat too many or you will have to wear a diaper tomorrow.

Already popped some Loperamide Hydrocordide.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
When Meijer used to have better prices on black cherries I would go through 10-15lbs a week during a couple of weeks in July.  I like them firm and tart and always picked bags that had a high percentage of light red.  I cannot get myself to pony up the $3.49/lb when 5 or 6 years ago I could get them for $0.99-$1.49/lb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top