Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/38/Steripicupload.jpg/300px-Steripicupload.jpg

Who knows this one

Well its a S&W No# 3. Billy the Kid? John Wesley Hardin?

Led to one of our greatest presidents. Its actually an Iver Johnson copy of the S&W

Attempt on Teddy Roosevelt?

McKinley

Teddy was never shot while President, Mckinley, Regan, and Bobby Kennedy were all shot with 22lr.  Regan and Booby with 22lr revolvers made by Iver Johnson, McKinley I don't know.

Teddy was shot however. IIRC, the paper speech in his pocket slowed the bullet down enough that he went on to finish his speech that day. I wish I knew what gun the BG was using that day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone know this one ?

i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll141/Bob1984_photo/revolver051205_400.jpg

Son of Sam killings.  David Berkowitz (sp?). Charter Arms .44 Special

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw Timohty McVhays (sp?), oklahoma city bomber, rifle on gunbroker 2-3 years ago. It was a mini-14.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The gun Hitler used was a gold plated engraved PPK, It was found at the Eagles nest later I think, Someone had taken it there. When test it had micro blood spatter that matched Hitlers type on it. Not sure where the gun is today but it's not lost.

i

Quoted:
One of the most famous pistols would be the one that Hitler used to shoot himself in the Bunker.  Not technically an assassination, but would be real valuable nontheless.  The actual model is unknown, but believed to be either a Walther PP or PPK.  Most likely a PPK as it was Hitler's personal pistol.  Suposedly one of the people from the Bunker picked it up and carried it away and later tossed it somewhere in the heavily destroyed Berlin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Oswald used a Colt Cobra, it had one of those grip enhancers on the front strap. Fun fact Ruby index finger was missing so he pulled the trigger with his middle finger..

Quoted:
Who knows what this is?

www.celtictexas.com/IMG_6595w.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who knows what this is?

Jack Ruby?

Thats what I think too.

i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/Triumph955i/jack-ruby-shoots-oswald.jpg

img149.imageshack.us/img149/9681/oswaldko1.jpg

Holy Shit-that's funny.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't agree that the Hillside Strangler's Dan Wesson should be melted down or destroyed.

I see it as just a gun that happened to be owned by a nutcase,  but wasn't used in any crimes he committed.

To me, its market value is exactly what a Dan Wesson .357 of that type and condition is normally worth.  I would buy it for that much, and sell it for that much,  not more.

It's a "BFD" gun to me.  (Big Freaking Deal. )

CJ

I don't agree that it should be destroyed either.

Might as well destroy an arfcom members John Wayne Gacy paintings because they were created by a sick murderer.

For that matter, lets melt every firearm posted in this thread.

Destroying the objects that belonged to a murderer doesn't help anything. Just makes people feel better about themselves.

How righteous.

I don't want them destroyed, but I wouldn't keep an item like that in my house.  I don't want anything to do w/ something which belonged to a mass murderer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]

This gun was probably the one used to kill the swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme in 1986. It's a S&W 28.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The gun Hitler used was a gold plated engraved PPK, It was found at the Eagles nest later I think, Someone had taken it there. When test it had micro blood spatter that matched Hitlers type on it. Not sure where the gun is today but it's not lost.

i

Quoted:
One of the most famous pistols would be the one that Hitler used to shoot himself in the Bunker.  Not technically an assassination, but would be real valuable nontheless.  The actual model is unknown, but believed to be either a Walther PP or PPK.  Most likely a PPK as it was Hitler's personal pistol.  Suposedly one of the people from the Bunker picked it up and carried it away and later tossed it somewhere in the heavily destroyed Berlin.

I would have to see an authoritative source for that story (about Hitler's PPK being taken to the Berghof), because the Fuhrerbunker was overrun by Russian troops not long after Hitler's death, and no one who was there at the time of his suicide later went to the Berghof.  I highly doubt that is what happened.

The most likely person to have pocketed Hitler's suicide weapon would have been his SS Adjutant, Otto Gunsche, who is the one who carried Hitler's body to the Reichs Chancellery courtyard, doused it in gasoline, and burned it.  Gunsche was captured by the Russians and spent about ten years in a Soviet prison camp before being released in the 1950s.  Gunsche remained VERY closed-mouthed about the final hours in the bunker up until his death a few years ago.

If anyone is in possession of Hitler's suicide weapon today and knows its whereabouts, my bets would be on the Russians.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know this one ?

Close.  Charter Arms .38 Special.  Used in a high-profile shooting of a famous person in 1980.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know this one ?

Close.  Charter Arms .38 Special.  Used in a high-profile shooting of a famous person in 1980.  

John Lennon?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who knows what this is?

Jack Ruby?

Ruby's Cobra had a hammer shroud.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting how so many were killed with .22LR/.38spl/.380.

Then again, if you're at point blank range and have the advantage of surprise...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Cho VTech: G19
Psycho Post Office chick in Goleta, CA :G19
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This one is probably pretty obvious

www.sciencesavvy.net/ouch.jpg

Lizzie Borden?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know this one ?

John Lennon?

Yep, you got it.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Cho VTech: G19
Psycho Post Office chick in Goleta, CA :G19

you forgot Cho's Walther P22.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't agree that the Hillside Strangler's Dan Wesson should be melted down or destroyed.

I see it as just a gun that happened to be owned by a nutcase,  but wasn't used in any crimes he committed.

To me, its market value is exactly what a Dan Wesson .357 of that type and condition is normally worth.  I would buy it for that much, and sell it for that much,  not more.

CJ

I don't agree that it should be destroyed either.

Might as well destroy an arfcom members John Wayne Gacy paintings because they were created by a sick murderer.

For that matter, lets melt every firearm posted in this thread.

Destroying the objects that belonged to a murderer doesn't help anything. Just makes people feel better about themselves.

How righteous.

I don't want them destroyed, but I wouldn't keep an item like that in my house.  I don't want anything to do w/ something which belonged to a mass murderer.

I see where you're coming from, but you wouldn't want a K98 with original markings in your house?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who knows what this is?

Jack Ruby?

What's worth more than Jack Ruby's pistol?
LBJ's cancelled check to Lee Harvey Oswald.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I see where you're coming from, but you wouldn't want a K98 with original markings in your house?

I see a difference between a weapon used in war, and something which was a personal possession/tool of someone as sick and evil as a serial killer.  Killing isn't always wrong, but I don't want something closely associated w/ evil.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
world.guns.ru/handguns/browning_1910.jpg

Browning M1910,  .380

Used to take out Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austrian empire, and his wife in Sarajevo, 1914.  It started a war, or something.

- BG

i wonder if that kid really knew waht he caused.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Ray's rifle was a Rem. 760 Game Master in 30.06

Now how about Oswald's .38 he killed  Tippet with ?

Hal
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

CJ

No different than owning a Nazi gun. Those probably killed quite a few innocents in their time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Browning M1910,  .380

Used to take out Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austrian empire, and his wife in Sarajevo, 1914.  It started a war, or something.

- BG

It did start a war however it took 3 trys to do it. The gun misfired 2 times. The duke's driver took a wrong turn and they met the assasin walking away from the parade route.
Bang the duke was shot. Unfortunately according to medical historyians the duke could have survived but the driver took the longest route to the hospital because he did not know the city.

The gun didn't misfire at all. He fired three shots, hitting the archduke and his wife. The wife died almost immediately. The driver asked Ferdinand if he was hurt and Ferdinand, holding his wife, quietly replied "it's nothing" and bled out on the way.

And the assassin got lucky because he ran into his target entirely by random chance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/38/Steripicupload.jpg/300px-Steripicupload.jpg

Who knows this one

Led to one of our greatest presidents. Its actually an Iver Johnson copy of the S&W

McKinley

Teddy was never shot while President, Mckinley, Regan, and Bobby Kennedy were all shot with 22lr.  Regan and Booby with 22lr revolvers made by Iver Johnson, McKinley I don't know.

Teddy was shot however. IIRC, the paper speech in his pocket slowed the bullet down enough that he went on to finish his speech that day. I wish I knew what gun the BG was using that day.

Teddy was shot while campaigning for president. His speech wasn't hit, as it was in his hand at the time, nor would a couple sheets of paper have done diddly-squat to slow down the bullet.

I have no idea what the caliber was, but .38 S&W is a good candidate; it was definitely a revolver. Teddy kept it as a souvenir.

Teddy was a tough bastard; after being shot in the chest, he refused to have the injury tended until after he'd given his speech. He stood in front of the ground, announced that he was fine (while bleeding from the chest) and that his doctor advised him to make his speech short on account of his injury. He then delivered his speech, in full, and finally allowed himself to be examined and treated.

They finally recovered Teddy's personal revolver, which he carried during his charge up San Juan Hill, after it had been stolen years before. It's back where it belongs in the TR museum.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.needmoregifts.com/img/mzlo1529-2.jpg

Bizzare backwards hammer, flintlock, fancy European engraving, poorly designed grip... Definitely German, I'd say late 1600's. Don't have a clue who it could have been used to assassinate though, since there was kinda a lot of that going around then.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm sorry but I don't see the point in owning guns used by sick murdering bastards.

I'm not one to blame the tool, but there are plenty more out there.  For someone to say that all guns are evil because some people use them for evil, that is bullshit.  Some guns are used for good.  I'd rather have a firearm of the same make and model that wasn't touched by some evil fuck.

Of course, I wouldn't want a hankercheif owned by hitler or jeffrey dahmer either.  If I had one, I'd burn it.

Now a rifle owned by a participant in the American revolution, carried by a man who stormed the beaches at Normandy, or used to kill commies in Vietnam, those I would be PROUD to own.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a difference between a weapon used in war, and something which was a personal possession/tool of someone as sick and evil as a serial killer.  Killing isn't always wrong, but I don't want something closely associated w/ evil.  

What about a P-38, PP, PPK, Luger, or Mauser used by a Nazi officer to personally execute dozens of jews?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/Triumph955i/pistol1b.jpg

Best use of a pistol in American history.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about a P-38, PP, PPK, Luger, or Mauser used by a Nazi officer to personally execute dozens of jews?

I'd piss on it, then smelt it.

I know I'm gonna get flammed, but thats how i feel.  I HATE evil.  There is nothing aesthetically pleasing to me about a piece of history when that history is evil.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#38]
i'm not saying people can't own whatever they want

just not for me

i'd rather collect guns used for good
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one is probably pretty obvious

www.sciencesavvy.net/ouch.jpg

Umm...Trotsky?

www.sciencesavvy.net/smilies/emot-haw.gif

Didn't he get it with an icepick?

Yeah, he was right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's always nice to hear from a sore loser and advocate of murdering  an unarmed man by shooting him in the back of the head. That's the kind of coward you look up to huh ?

They still shoot political opponents in the back of the head in the PRC. Maybe you would be happier there ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Browning M1910,  .380

- BG

i wonder if that kid really knew waht he caused.

Princip died in 1918, he saw the effect that his actions had.  I think I remember from a show on WWI that he was rather apathetic about his actions.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump for a very interesting thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i

Quoted:

One secretary who was on duty saw Hitler fingering an old Mauser broom handle before his suicide. It's unclear if he used the PP(K) or a Mauser broom handle to do the deed. I think current evidence points to the PPK though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.needmoregifts.com/img/mzlo1529-2.jpg

Bizzare backwards hammer, flintlock, fancy European engraving, poorly designed grip... Definitely German, I'd say late 1600's. Don't have a clue who it could have been used to assassinate though, since there was kinda a lot of that going around then.

Hint its first ever handgun assassination.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who knows this one

McKinley

Teddy was shot while campaigning for president. His speech wasn't hit, as it was in his hand at the time, nor would a couple sheets of paper have done diddly-squat to slow down the bullet.

I have no idea what the caliber was, but .38 S&W is a good candidate; it was definitely a revolver. Teddy kept it as a souvenir.

Teddy was a tough bastard; after being shot in the chest, he refused to have the injury tended until after he'd given his speech. He stood in front of the ground, announced that he was fine (while bleeding from the chest) and that his doctor advised him to make his speech short on account of his injury. He then delivered his speech, in full, and finally allowed himself to be examined and treated.

They finally recovered Teddy's personal revolver, which he carried during his charge up San Juan Hill, after it had been stolen years before. It's back where it belongs in the TR museum.

Sorry, you're wrong on almost all accounts,

Teddy was shot through a steel eyeglass case and a 50 page folded copy of his speech.

Wiki link with citation
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I still have a problem with Oswald hitting Kennedy with that piece of crap rifle.
That was some miraculous shooting.

CJ

You think hitting a target at 77 yards with a scoped rifle is "miraculous shooting"?  Not only that, but Oswald only made two out of three shots.  I shoot iron sights out to 300 yards all the time with a fair amount of accuracy, I don't find shots at less than 100 yards all that miraculous.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd piss on it, then smelt it.

I know I'm gonna get flammed, but thats how i feel.  I HATE evil.  There is nothing aesthetically pleasing to me about a piece of history when that history is evil.

hmm.. kind of immature dont you think?  if you truly think a weapon is an inanimate object then not even the person whoes shot it before you makes the weapon inherently evil. sorry but if you truly hate evil youll hate the person not the weapon.  (see what i did there?).  owning a weapon from a beaten enemy is a trophy and a humiliation to that enemy as it should be.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's always nice to hear from a sore loser and advocate of murdering  an unarmed man by shooting him in the back of the head. That's the kind of coward you look up to huh ?

They still shoot political opponents in the back of the head in the PRC. Maybe you would be happier there ?

There are over 600,000 reasons Lincoln was a thug that needed to go. Lincoln was no great president, he played dirty, its only because he won that he wasn't remembered for what he was.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are over 600,000 reasons Lincoln was a thug that needed to go. Lincoln was no great president, he played dirty, its only because he won that he wasn't remembered for what he was.

So you don't place the blame on the men who actually started the war?

Name one thing Lincoln did that was ever found to be unconsitutional.

Also, detail how Lincoln's assassination benefited the South, since the war was already over.

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and for his orphan -- do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations. "
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you don't place the blame on the men who actually started the war?

Name one thing Lincoln did that was ever found to be unconsitutional.

Also, detail how Lincoln's assassination benefited the South, since the war was already over.

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and for his orphan -- do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations. "

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with wanting independence, it would take a true leader to let others become independent, making a gesture towards long-term friendship that can hopefully, more or less, kept the union slightly connected. It takes a coward to send hundreds of thousands to their deaths, anybody can tell someone else to die, it takes a man williing to swallow his pride to save lives, but I find its far easier to just believe what I learned in public school that Lincoln was a god, and the South was full of slave owning butchers.

As far as his unconstitutional acts, he's right up there with FDR. He suspended habeas corpus, enacted a draft, had generals under his command that targeted civilians, etc. The guy was no hero.

His assassination hurt the South, that's undeniable. Like Lincoln, Booth too could have swallowed his pride, and sucked it up for the better of his countrymen, but in the end Lincoln struck first, and there is nothing wrong with his death, save the unfair positive portrayal of an otherwise cowardly man it seems to have created.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top