Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 5:50:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's obviously due to their lax gun control policies.

...oh, wait.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
But.......but........Chicago has strict gun control laws.  It should be safe.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What a double talking bastard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Blago for once actually has an idea of some merit.  Chicago has always been plagued by massive crime but the south and west sides have been out of control for a long time now.  The problem lately has been partly caused by the police departments policies of punishing officers severely for complaints and bad press.  So the officers response has been to do as little as possible.  That has paid off in spades with crime going out of sight.  The chief a number of weeks ago even made a statement that the officers need to start doing more as arrests and other stats are way down.  

Chicago is a true story of what happens when rampant liberalism rules the day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy is trying to make a case for bringing the National Guard in.  Stay tuned.  TT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The guy is trying to make a case for bringing the National Guard in.  Stay tuned.  TT

i find that odd too, and it would set a precedent for such action that could be very bad for our freedoms, ill-annoy is outta control in my book
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i find that odd too, and it would set a precedent for such action that could be very bad for our freedoms, ill-annoy is outta control in my book

I have no love for Blago whatsoever, however I don't think he has any real hidden agenda when he mentioned the National Guard.  The Gov is looking at an upcoming indictment anytime now in relation to Rezko and rampant corruption so he is trying to divert attention.  And Blago has a history of saying crazy things at the drop of a hat, without much thought having gone into the statement.  Blogojevich has no concept of what the police and National Guard are about, except when mentioning them may get him good PR or votes.

In addition, Daley would NEVER agree to having the armed forces do ANYTHING in HIS city.  Stalin was more conservative than Daley is, and thats a fact!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't stand these people.

Weak minded individuals that call for more protection from somebody else rather than pass legislation to give them the tools to protect themselves and their families. 99% of the people I have met from Chicago are cowards.

These politicians are the reason I wont out of this state as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
For some reason, I felt compelled to post a comment on that site:

Minors killed by guns notwithstanding (how many were gang-members themselves, I wonder), how many of your poor city's violent criminals would've been stopped in their tracks - had average, law-abiding citizens been able to exercise their Constitutional right to carry a gun, for protection? How many would've never even happened - because the bad guys wouldn't know who was "packing" and who wasn't?

Luckily, my state's crime rate pales in comparison to yours - and there's a reason for that! You can keep denying it all you want. Facts are facts.

Hopefully, with the US Supreme Court's recent ruling on the matter, things will begin to change in Chicago. Until then, all the police and National Guardsman in the world won't make a darn bit of difference. After all, you can't carry either one of them around everywhere you go - now can you?

Only after I posted did I see there were plenty of like-minded citizens, posting similar comments. What the "antis" had to say was absolutely astounding, though. Where do these people come from - where they're taught the world is a safe, fair and inherently happy place?

It just boggles my mind.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If I were a cop in some liberal-controlled big city, and my "leaders" didn't give me the backing I needed to do my job effectively, I would do as little as possible to enforce the law.  After all, you don't want to "offend" anyone by making politically incorrect arrests, right?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Using the National Guard for law enforcement isn't new... It's been done throughout our history (especially before there were any substantial federal LEO agencies)...

That said, I somehow see King Nothing pitching a fit, if state troops were sent in to secure 'HIS' kingdom...

Dog biting the master, and all...

P.S. If they would let the CPD do their job, and focus on *REAL* police corruption rather than citizen/crook complaints....

No one would even be THINKING about the National Guard...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The national guard roaming the streets. Doing police duties. Ah, only in IL. Now I know why I moved out to OR.
Blago cares.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
It has been called "De-Policing" by the aldermen, some call it a work slowdown or job action. It is none of the above. We are still being the Police and doing our jobs. There is no work slow down or job action because that would be an organized attempt at a "Kind of" strike which is against our general orders and cause for dismissal, being fired to put it bluntly. What IS going on is that we aren't going that "Extra Mile" or making that "Extra Effort" to get "Heads". The Politicians,Media,storefront reverends,Police brass,Aldermen,have turned this job into what you see here today.The Politically Correct Police. Nobody has our back, except ourselves. We aren't blind and we aren't stupid. Good guys have been stripped of their Police powers and have been fired, dumped from their units, sent completely across the city and told they couldn't bid out of the unit they were sent to, and we haven't had a contract for over a year, they won't even discuss it.Only it hasn't worked out quite the way they intended.It turns out they really need us out there getting the thugs off the street.If you are a "Working" copper now, you need your head examined.Especially if you're not a "Clout Baby".We know they will throw us under the bus if we "Step on our dick".There is a lot going on in the Department now that has made us take a long look at the job and the way we work.One good thing that has come of this is that we are finally united.If you want to know how we really feel, take a look at SecondCityCop.com, it's whats not reported in the media and it's straight from the "Blueshirts".
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It has been called "De-Policing" by the aldermen, some call it a work slowdown or job action. It is none of the above. We are still being the Police and doing our jobs. There is no work slow down or job action because that would be an organized attempt at a "Kind of" strike which is against our general orders and cause for dismissal, being fired to put it bluntly. What IS going on is that we aren't going that "Extra Mile" or making that "Extra Effort" to get "Heads". The Politicians,Media,storefront reverends,Police brass,Aldermen,have turned this job into what you see here today.The Politically Correct Police. Nobody has our back, except ourselves. We aren't blind and we aren't stupid. Good guys have been stripped of their Police powers and have been fired, dumped from their units, sent completely across the city and told they couldn't bid out of the unit they were sent to, and we haven't had a contract for over a year, they won't even discuss it.Only it hasn't worked out quite the way they intended.It turns out they really need us out there getting the thugs off the street.If you are a "Working" copper now, you need your head examined.Especially if you're not a "Clout Baby".We know they will throw us under the bus if we "Step on our dick".There is a lot going on in the Department now that has made us take a long look at the job and the way we work.One good thing that has come of this is that we are finally united.If you want to know how we really feel, take a look at SecondCityCop.com, it's whats not reported in the media and it's straight from the "Blueshirts".

thanks for checking in CRNUMBER!

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe now would be the perfect time to go to the public airways and make the case for a commission with the power to back up the cops and overrule any PC crap from politicos.  And throw a contract in the discussion.  Then let the usual suspects try to defend how they have been running things is working.  It's working so well they now need the NG.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
But... but... putting more "guns on the street" (National Guard) will just increase the violence!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Were not the National Guard used in New Orleans?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Were not the National Guard used in New Orleans?

After a huge freaking hurricane hit it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Blago is an idiot. WTF is the National Guard going to do that the Chicago police can't do unless they start ML. First they are trying to get M4s and now the National Guard. For a city with a ban on guns they sure do need alot of firepower and military type strength. Chicago is a failed city and it will stay a failure until sane people are put into power across the board in Illinois. If Obama never mentioned anything about banning guns or if he never did anything to make me double guess what his agendas really are I would still not trust him and think he is a complete and utter jackass just because he comes from the current crop of Illinois politicians.

When is Blago going to jail anyhow?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Kinda makes you wish you took the fire test instead

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top