Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 4:12:29 PM EDT
I went to Giant Eagle's Get-Go to fill up my Taco and 5 OD miltary fuel cans (MFCs). All 5 MFCs are on the ground behind the Taco. I scan my loyalty card for $2.40 off per gallon (max of 30 gallon), unscrew the first MFC and start pumping.

Two gallons later the flow trickles to a stop. The display states "Pump shut off". I hit the mic button several times and there is no answer. The clerk taps on the glass, pushes the cash drawer out, and motions me over. I hang the nozzle up, not wanting to leave it in the MFC and risk tipping it over. I knew full well that I had instantly lost $72 worth of fuel perks after "completing the sale" by hanging the nozzle up, as I walked over to the window.

He tells me that "You cant use those containers. My manager said only red containers are allowed." I brought over one of the empty MFCs and pointed out the bright red cap holder with a "P" for petrol, and the words "Fuel Container" molded into the side. I told him that is the "red" signifying that this container is approved for gasoline. I informed him that I've filled them up several times there without any issues. I then told him that I wanted my $2.40 per gallon credit back on my card. He told me that it was lost and that I could have filled up my vehicle instead.

He is on the phone for 5 minutes trying to get ahold of his manager. I remained calm. After patiently waiting, I pled my case again. He said, "My manager is not answering the phone. Go ahead and fill the containers and I'll give you the credit".

A bit of a hassle, but the kid succumbed to reason. I'm actually thankful that the manager never picked up the phone, in retrospect, as I think he would have toed the line, not being able to see the robust containers.

My afternoon got a little bit better when my neighbor's former cheerleader wife walked past as I was under my Taco. She asked, "Wanna change my oil too?" with a wry smile.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No need to "change the oil" for the neighbor.  She probably was just lookiing for a "dipstick" to check the level.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My afternoon got a little bit better when my neighbor's former cheerleader wife walked past as I was under my Taco. She asked, "Wanna change my oil too?" with a wry smile.

Pictures NOW
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hell kind of car is a Taco?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
how did you get a card for 2.40 off a gallon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Toyota Tacoma.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

a very bad one. that's partially made out of plastic.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One that is fun to have but will eventually give you the shits.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What is a taco, and how was the "oil change"?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
was it the same Giant Eagle with a cross dresser working the deli?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Im just taking a wild guess that it is one of those best selling Toyota pickup trucks, the TACOma.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One that is fun to have but will eventually give you the shits.

Toyota Tacoma
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
img123.imageshack.us/img123/1694/toyotatacomav627ki.jpg

Now if I could get those modifications to the Taco I would get one.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img123.imageshack.us/img123/1694/toyotatacomav627ki.jpg

Now if I could get those modifications to the Taco I would get one.  Very nice.

Just a tax stamp.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Uuuhhh,we meant pics of the chick!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think the clerk would have shut off their fuel pump.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
How did you get the card for $2.40 off per gal?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's Giant Eagle.  A big local chain here in Ohio and also in Pennsylvania.

You sign up for this discount card on groceries called an "Advantage Card" and every time you spend X number of dollars you get 20 cents off per gallon at the supermarket gas station.

This guy must have been saving up his points for awhile.

P.S. I think you have to be kind of a retard to get hired at the Giant Eagle gas station because I haven't encountered one of them yet that seemed slightly intelligent.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
i once got over $3.00 off per gal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

In Ohio we have a grocery chain called Giant Eagle.  When you sign up for their discount card you get 10 cents off of each gallon of gas you buy at THEIR chain of gas stations for every $50 you spend on groceries.  Plus an extra cent off for every cup of coffee you buy.  They also sell tons of gift cards to places like Home Depot that count toward the "fuel perks".  So before you go shopping elsewhere you always hit the Giant Eagle first!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuel perks. Your wife buys a lot of groceries at their store. Then she tells you it's OK to fill up "[my] gas containers".

I keep the fuel preserved for 6 months with PRI-G and cycle them through the vehicles and the lawn mower when 6 months rolls around. The fuel is for my pair of Honda gennys. Also have the nice vented nozzle that empties a 5 gallon MFC into the truck in under 2 minutes without spilling a drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top