Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:40:31 PM EDT
That's racist

Saggy Pants Outlawed In Chicago Suburb
July 20, 2008
Amy Beeman - AHN
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011668176
Chicago, IL (AHN) -- Probably as long as there have been children and elders, there have been different ideas about fashion. Kids want the freedom to express themselves and have peer approval. Parents want their children to present themselves as respectable, whatever that may mean to the parent.

In one Chicago suburb, though, the town government has gotten involved.

People in Lynwood will now pay a $25 fine if police see them wearing those notorious "saggy pants," in which the waist of pants hangs below the hips, exposing underwear.

The look, predominately seen on young males, and some say predominately young males of color, has been deemed a problem by the Mayor of Lynwood, Eugene Williams, who reportedly wants to make the neighborhood look more upscale so that businesses will want to move in.

Williams told ABC that people who wear the saggy pants look as though they "have no regard for anything."

Many view the look as a sloppy, don't care, non-conformist way of dress.

Williams said he doesn't think businesses would want to open shop in an area with that sort of client?le.

But other people disagree, including the ACLU, which has called the new ordinance racial profiling.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Idk about racial profiling but it's definitely BS.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, more nanny state BS.  Unless they're indecently exposing body parts, the .gov needs to stay the hell out of it.

I hate the gangsta sag as much as the next guy, but I also like freedom.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hooray for the soccer moms!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well,  when I see someone with their shorts showing I think "What a fracking retard", or worse,  but as long as some semblance of modesty is maintained, it's not the job of any government to regulate how someone dresses.

I do think that it would be OK if they were to pass a law that allowed anyone to give a wedgie, even an atomic one, to anyone showing more shorts than just the waistband alone,
without any fear of legal action being taken against them.  

CJ
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It is one thing to have the waistband of your underwear showing.  It is becoming quite common in Indianapolis to literally have your pants/shorts low enough to see daylight between their legs.

I wouldn't really have a problem with making it legal to smack "drawer draggers" around a little bit.  I just try to remind myself that they can't run more than a few feet from the police without tripping over their own pants.  That makes it all better.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Fashion Police........it's not just a joke anymore
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is one thing to have the waistband of your underwear showing.  It is becoming quite common in Indianapolis to literally have your pants/shorts low enough to see daylight between their legs.

I wouldn't really have a problem with making it legal to smack "drawer draggers" around a little bit.  I just try to remind myself that they can't run more than a few feet from the police without tripping over their own pants.  That makes it all better.
yup
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Lycra for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't wear my pants like that but I'd never pay that fine. Fuck that
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Fashion Police........it's not just a joke anymore

Always Think Fashion
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh hell, the war is about to begin... Man just let the dumbocraps keeping passing stupid shit like this and they will be outta office very very soon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
damn they are just asking for a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
BTW: I have heard that LEOs LOVE the saggin
pants,  easier for them to catch(no pun intended)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTW: I have heard that LEOs LOVE the saggin
pants,  easier for them to catch(no pun intended)

Heh...

Saggy pants are a cop's best friend...

The police probably don't like this law that much - if the local shitheads observe it, it will make them harder to chase....

'Teenage male, on foot, NO PANTS' makes for a fairly 'visible' suspect description...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]
apparently mr. mayor has solved all the problems in his town....idiot..

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1
Waste of time and money.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#20]

So what is it blinders for every pool goer or what? Are bathing suits and bikinis out? What a retard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Good now ban Spinner rims yo...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So what is it blinders for every pool goer or what? Are bathing suits and bikinis out? What a retard.

They're not complaining about guys wearing shorts, or women in bikinis...

They're complaining about guys wearing actual pants, hanging down off their asses....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Kids with their parachute pants, rock'n'roll, Jordache jeans and break dancing need to be put in their place.

LOL! I forgot about Jordache jeans, even scarier is that you remembered it and even spelled it correctly!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're complaining about guys wearing actual pants, hanging down off their asses....
What fine would a man get for walking around in boxers?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#25]
another way to take away our freedom YAY!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]
So there finally cracking down on serious crimes.  Great.    TT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What fine would a man get for walking around in boxers?

Who knows...

The guys that this ordnance targets are the ones wearing the 'prisoner sag'....

Like I said before, saggy pants may look stupid, but they are a very useful law enforcement tool...

'Automatic get-away-prevention devices'
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't like seeing boxers any more than anyone else but making that a citeable offense is just fucking ludicrous.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Fucking police chief in Flint, MI is taking it a step further.  The catch-all "Disorderly Conduct" if your underwear shows, but no skin.

Fucking bastard.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Great, more nanny state BS.  Unless they're indecently exposing body parts, the .gov needs to stay the hell out of it.

I hate the gangsta sag as much as the next guy, but I also like freedom.

QFT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Fucking police chief in Flint, MI is taking it a step further.  The catch-all "Disorderly Conduct" if your underwear shows, but no skin.

Fucking bastard.

www.freep.com/uploads/images/2008/07/0715_saggy.jpg

What the fuck?  based on that scale I would get a warning wearing the shorts I have on right now if I wasn't wearing a short(shorts used to fit good but apparently my ass shrank a bit since last year so they now show about an inch to an inch and a half of boxer at most).

Re-fucking-diculous.

Someone should start marketing boxers that say "MOLON LABE" on the ass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Have any of you all thought that this is such a encroachment of government that it should be rebuked.

Seriously.

If true... the fellow that posted the sign of "up to a year in jail" for wearing your pants at a asinine level .

I hate dragging pants.

I have a son at that age.  I have used the " pull them up or I will use my nail gun and keep them there" threat.

Oddly,  needing to wear a belt that will hold up "dad's pistol", and giving him my old belt... that can support a pistol, cured him of the saggy pants syndrome.  But I digress....

Screw that city council... and the LEO that would enforce the "law... I don't make 'em".

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't care too much about saggy pants, they're nothing but a cosmetic nuisance. However, if they'd ban heelys in public places I'd party. I shouldn't have to wear knee, elbow pads and a helmet to go shopping so some kid who's parents are buying their cigarettes can run me over with those stupid things.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Chicago we will tell you everything you need to know and how and when to do it.  Thanks, Hail The King!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#35]
holy shit, what a mindless twinkle toed cock sucker thought that up!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I have no problem with this law.  This is not an encroachment of government.  Rather, this is simply an adaptation of indecent exposure laws to account for new trends.  You cannot walk around in public with your ass or genitals hanging out, nor can you walk around in just your underwear.  

Their are limits on free expression and showing me your shit-stained boxers in one of them.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have no problem with this law.  This is not an encroachment of government.  Rather, this is simply an adaptation of indecent exposure laws to account for new trends.  You cannot walk around in public with your ass or genitals hanging out, nor can you walk around in just your underwear.  

Their are limits on free expression and showing me your shit-stained boxers in one of them.  

I don't recall any law that said I couldn't walk around in my underwear
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Great more jail space taken up over BS
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

While I despise the "urban"/gangster/wigger crap, I have to agree.

I can't stand "gangsta" wannabe's...got a few living across the street from me *insert rolleyes smiley here*
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted from article

Many view the look as a sloppy, don't care, non-conformist way of dress.

So they are gradually making people who don't conform illegal. Fuck that law!

FWIW I would turn a blind eye to this fascist piece of bullshit legislation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
How do they determine what underwear is? If I sag my jeans and show some boxers yet have a man thong on under that it is legal isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
How do they determine what underwear is? If I sag my jeans and show some boxers yet have a man thong on under that it is legal isn't it?

AFAIK they are talking about people that INTENTIONALLY show their boxer covered ASS
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#44]
LE will take advantage of their new opportunity to go fishing. While he's already there prepared to write a silly $25 ticket (that he could honestly give two shits about), he might as well see what else he can come up with.

"Let me see some ID" (warrants?)
"Wait here" (let me check)
"Where are you going? Where'd you come from" (Listen to answers, formulate new questions, depending)
"Got anything on you I need to know about? Mind if I have a look inside your bag?"
"Who's this guy here with you? What's your name?"

Etc. You get the idea. So does LE.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I like when thug faggots sag.  It often means two things to me:

1.) Much easier to tell if they are armed / that they are not armed.  You would think a "thug" TM would realize that wearing your pants around your fucking knees like some kind of bitch usually lets everyone know that you are not carrying.  Of course, this only applies minus a jacket or certain types of pants that would allow for pocket carry.

2.) Fucking retards who wear their pants around their ankles can not run very far or very fast.

I'm still convinced these fucks are closet homo's who want to advertise their ass to other faggots.
eta:  Don't agree with the law on principle, and because of the above.  Though I will admit that I emotionally find it pleasing.  However, that is not good enough for me to support it.

Another thing I would like to add...I never realized how fucking dirty "sagging" is until a bunch of winners at the local burger joint were flipping burgers with their pants down below their fucking ass.  The only thing between their nasty crummy ass and the burgers on the grill (which was ass-level) was their thin crusty boxer shorts.  I walked out in disgust.  Meant to call and complain but never did.  That should be some kind of freaking health-code thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
LE will take advantage of their new opportunity to go fishing. While he's already there prepared to write a silly $25 ticket (that he could honestly give two shits about), he might as well see what else he can come up with.

"Let me see some ID" (warrants?)
"Wait here" (let me check)
"Where are you going? Where'd you come from" (Listen to answers, formulate new questions, depending)
"Got anything on you I need to know about? Mind if I have a look inside your bag?"
"Who's this guy here with you? What's your name?"

Etc. You get the idea. So does LE.

Yeah, it could just be the pedestrian version of our seatbelt laws
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Kids with their parachute pants, rock'n'roll, Jordache jeans and break dancing need to be put in their place.

I LOL'd.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I like when thug faggots sag.  It often means two things to me:

1.) Much easier to tell if they are armed / that they are not armed.  You would think a "thug" TM would realize that wearing your pants around your fucking knees like some kind of bitch usually lets everyone know that you are not carrying.  Of course, this only applies minus a jacket or certain types of pants that would allow for pocket carry.

2.) Fucking retards who wear their pants around their ankles can not run very far or very fast.

I'm still convinced these fucks are closet homo's who want to advertise their ass to other faggots.

eta:  Don't agree with the law on principle, and because of the above.  Though I will admit that I emotionally find it pleasing.  However, that is not good enough for me to support it.

Retards, yes
Closet faggots, yes
Can't concealed carry, no
the ones that hold their pants up can have a small pistol, enough to kill you with......
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I see, so there's ALREADY a law against indecenct exposure?  We need more laws adressing fashion why?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Well thats good news another way for the police to generate revenue.... ooops i mean keep us safe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top