Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:56:05 PM EDT

I am looking for a few answers to WW1 equipment used by the British and Germans.

1. Did British soldiers only carry stripper clips for their SMLEs or was their a point were British infantry carried the magazine instead of the stripper clip?  I have two SMLEs and I have yet to find a magazine that won’t work so why didn’t the British Tommy of WW1 fame carry magazines instead of stripper clips.  The magazine seems faster than the stripper clip to me.

2. Has anybody ever seen or had the experience to use one of the SUPPLEMENTARY 25 ROUND MAGAZINE that could attach to the storm trooper issued KAR 98AZ carbine.
The only thing I have ever read about the magazine was that the storm troopers loved the thing.  If anyone knows how it does it work? How does it attach to the weapon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top