Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 11:00:09 AM EDT
Most excellent slide show !!

www.magpul.com/www.magpul.com/
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to order another UBR last week. Noticed my son was modeling his UBR during his last tour in Iraq with Force Recon. I e-mailed the link to his mom. She did quite a bit of modding to his flight suit. She knew it was him even without the head and without his flight suit. "A mother always knows," she says.

I have screen-grabbed every one of their slide show photos and use them as a screen saver on my computer. I was with some other guys making a major presentation to another company. A huge deal worth tens of millions of dollars for them, hundreds of millions in revenues for us. We take a break and the screen saver comes on. Some of the guys are filing into the room and their reading the slide show. As I walk in, one of the gents from the other company says, "Wow, that's some good stuff right there!" in his best Larry The Cable Guy imitation. He tosses me his thumb drive and says, "Can you load that for me?" I oblige and soon I have seven thumb drives sliding across the conference table. The guys are all yukking it up as I'm loading the shows on their drives when one of the senior VPs from across the table says, "Magpul. They make some serious stuff. I can't wait for them to release the Masada." One of our senior VPs follows up with, "Magpul, fuckin' A -- I love their shit."

I was stunned but carried on as if I didn't notice.

We made the deal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How exactly did you grab the slides, i cant quite figure it out. Thanks in advanced.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an Apple program called Grab. Basically a screen capture utility.

I grab it, then re-size it and put it on a black background. I'll file these all in one folder and point my Screensaver Preferences to that folder. It does a nice zoom and pan and then fades between the photos. It took quite a bit of time to do this, but the results were worth it in my opinion.

Quoted:
How exactly did you grab the slides, i cant quite figure it out. Thanks in advanced.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
love the quotes...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top