Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:55:53 AM EDT

www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/07/obama_ignorance_watch_1.asp

Barack Obama delivered a speech in West Lafeyette, IN on Wednesday and once again mangled some well known historical facts:

"Throughout our history, America's confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation. Americans have adapted to the threats posed by an ever-changing world."

Aaah yes – "the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor." Who can forget that? It was the big one, the one that took out all those boats. I guess Obama's political correctness prevents him from noting someone actually dropped "the bomb" and it didn't just fall.

This is a surprising error for a Hawaii native (via the great Kansas heartland) to make. Perhaps Obama was merely confused, as he and his surrogates so often accuse John McCain of being.

Good thing he wasn't handed a card with the word "potato" incorrectly spelled on it by a teacher. His momentary confusion over that would be the laughing stock of the late-night comedians for YEARS.

"I've now been in 57 states, I think one left to go."
~ Barack Obama,
May, 2008 speaking to a crowd in Oregon.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors it's unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today..."
~ Barack Obama,
May, 26 2008 giving a prepared speech at Las Cruces NM.

"They don't pose a serious threat to us... Iran may spend one one-hundredth of what we spend on the military. I mean, if Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance"
~ Barack Obama,
May 18, 2008.

["Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program, it supports terrorism across the region..."
~ Barack Obama,
May 20, 2008.

Well - which is it dummy!??

Duuhhhh... Iran was a threat, before it wasn't a threat.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure the history books will bear out the truth of his words... after he gets elected...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Most Americans couldn't name the Japanese cities if asked.

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Komrade Macallan, you are just about to earn youself a trip to reeducation camp.

If Obamessiah praises be upon his name said ONE bomb fell on Pearl Harbor, then exactly ONE glorious bomb fell upon the reprehensible lackey state of Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The USA is getting the Government they deserve
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't stop him, he's on a roll.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
His voters could care less what facts he butchers, they just want their free shit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

Or the name of the plane used and who it was named after. Why would that be important when American Idol is about to start. In all honesty, I can't recall the pilots name off the top of my head. But, the plane was named after his mother. Interesting reading the whole story of his training which was linked here once.

We are doomed.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Christ, that bastard say's some dumb shit.

I wanted to call him a dumb bastard, but he's a Harvard grad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]
How does someone like this even get to the point of running for presidant?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kaiser roll?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Interesting

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Hillary Rodham Clinton grew up in Oak Park, IL. The state of IL borders on the state of Kentucky. Barack Obama said before the Kentucky primary that the voters were likely to vote for Hillary because she's from Arkansas, and it's closer to Kentucky! Barack represents the State of Illinois in the U.S. Senate, and it's nice he informed us of his prior drug use, because apparently the stuff hasn't worn off!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#17]
RACISTS!!!..........all I see here is RACISTS!!!

So what if Barely Obama is stupid!........he's BLACK!.........let me rephrase that......he's HALF BLACK!!........and he thinks ALL BLACK!!........and he "believes"!!!

And that's good enough for the liberals!!!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

Or the name of the plane used and who it was named after. Why would that be important when American Idol is about to start. In all honesty, I can't recall the pilots name off the top of my head. But, the plane was named after his mother. Interesting reading the whole story of his training which was linked here once.

We are doomed.

Enola Gay dropped Little Boy over Hiroshima, piloted by Tibbet (?)
Bocks Car dropped Fatman over Nagaski.

No google or wikipedia used
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

The japanese cities at Pearl Harbor?..

What the fuck are YOU talking about?..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Alaska bombed Pearl Harbor not Germany.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Interesting
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhh one of the rouge 57 states I see..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#23]
He's a "post turtle."

For those of you who don't know what a post turtle is, please rad on.

You're driving down the road and you see some poor turtle stranded on top of a fence post.  He can't get off because his little legs can't reach the top of the post that his bottom plate is sitting on.  What can anyone assume from this turtle?

1.  He didn't get there by himself nor is there anyway he could ever get there on his own.
2.  He has no idea how to get out of his predicament.
3.  It is obvious that someone else put him up there.
4.  Left to his own devices, he will perish for lack of imagination and talent.

The Dali Bama, Black Jesus, the Obammessiah, the First Black Bill Clinton, Barrack H. Obama is a damn post turtle.

Clinton (The Man from Hope), for all his many faults, flaws, and gross immorality, was better presidential material than the Obama (The Brother from Another Mother).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Komrade Macallan, you are just about to earn youself a trip to reeducation camp.

If Obamessiah praises be upon his name said ONE bomb fell on Pearl Harbor, then exactly ONE glorious bomb fell upon the reprehensible lackey state of Pearl Harbor.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

We are doomed.

The enola gay was named after the pilots mother? did no know that
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
His voters could care less what facts he butchers, they just want their free shit.

This.

AND yet...there are members here ......who by their own power will allow this "THING"
to take the highest office in the world!

VOTE ANYONE THAN McCAIN and you VOTE FOR OBAMA!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Finally got fed up with politics.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He's a "post turtle."

For those of you who don't know what a post turtle is, please rad on.

You're driving down the road and you see some poor turtle stranded on top of a fence post.  He can't get off because his little legs can't reach the top of the post that his bottom plate is sitting on.  What can anyone assume from this turtle?

1.  He didn't get there by himself nor is there anyway he could ever get there on his own.
2.  He has no idea how to get out of his predicament.
3.  It is obvious that someone else put him up there.
4.  Left to his own devices, he will perish for lack of imagination and talent.

The Dali Bama, Black Jesus, the Obammessiah, the First Black Bill Clinton, Barrack H. Obama is a damn post turtle.

Clinton (The Man from Hope), for all his many faults, flaws, and gross immorality, was better presidential material than the Obama (The Brother from Another Mother).

Black Jesus was the nickname of the Chaplain in my last unit.  He cussed out one of my soldiers in the parking lot and it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhh one of the rouge 57 states I see..

That doesn't sound right. Why would Alaska bomb one of their own planets?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I see ObongoX has all the Made members of the Marxist MSM Mafia crime family traveling with him preparing stories about his newly acquired foreign policy "experience"...........ObongoX appears to be afraid to mingle with officers or enlisted personnel in Afghanistan however , and has them kept away from him like unclean lepers.......The Marxist circle jerk continues
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#31]
That guy could start a speech with "My fellow Iranians" and people would still vote for him.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You'd better hit the books.  Everyone knows it was the Chinese who bombed Pearl Harbor.  After all, Chinese, Japanese, Korean-all the same.  A well read person like myself blame the Jews for the sinking of the Titantic.  After all, Ruberg, Goldberg, iceberg-all the same.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#33]
It baffles me how someone can criticize Obama for bad oration and then see nothing wrong with President Bush's speeches.

I can't listen to a post 9/11 GWB speech without cringing at some point...

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/07/obama_ignorance_watch_1.asp

Barack Obama delivered a speech in West Lafeyette, IN on Wednesday and once again mangled some well known historical facts:

"Throughout our history, America's confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation. Americans have adapted to the threats posed by an ever-changing world."

Aaah yes – "the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor." Who can forget that? It was the big one, the one that took out all those boats. I guess Obama's political correctness prevents him from noting someone actually dropped "the bomb" and it didn't just fall.

This is a surprising error for a Hawaii native (via the great Kansas heartland) to make. Perhaps Obama was merely confused, as he and his surrogates so often accuse John McCain of being.

Good thing he wasn't handed a card with the word "potato" incorrectly spelled on it by a teacher. His momentary confusion over that would be the laughing stock of the late-night comedians for YEARS.

"I've now been in 57 states, I think one left to go."
~ Barack Obama,
May, 2008 speaking to a crowd in Oregon.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors it's unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today..."
~ Barack Obama,
May, 26 2008 giving a prepared speech at Las Cruces NM.

"They don't pose a serious threat to us... Iran may spend one one-hundredth of what we spend on the military. I mean, if Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance"
~ Barack Obama,
May 18, 2008.

["Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program, it supports terrorism across the region..."
~ Barack Obama,
May 20, 2008.

Well - which is it dummy!??

Duuhhhh... Iran was a threat, before it wasn't a threat.

What’s So Funny About Obama? Not Much

What’s So Funny About Obama? Not Much

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:00 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size  

Late-night television hosts have had no trouble joking about Hillary Clinton or John McCain during the election campaign, but Barack Obama has for the most part escaped their jibes.

The reason cited by most of those connected to the shows is that there is no comedic “take” on Obama, nothing offering an easy laugh, “like allegations of Bill Clinton’s womanizing, or President Bush’s goofy bumbling, or Al Gore’s robotic persona,” The New York Times observes.

Mike Barry, who has been writing political jokes since the Johnson administration and currently works for David Letterman‘s show, told The Times: “The thing is, he’s not buffoonish in any way. He’s not a comical figure.”

Almost anything approaching a joke about Obama has fallen flat, according to The Times. When Jon Stewart quipped on “The Daily Show” recently about Obama’s flip-flopping on campaign financing, the audience reaction was so unenthusiastic that he said: “You know, you’re allowed to laugh at him.”

Another reason for the hands-off-Obama approach could be that “a lot of people are excited about his candidacy,” said Mike Sweeney, head writer for Conan O’Brien on “Late Night.”

“It’s almost like: ‘Hey, don’t go after this guy. He’s a fresh face. Cut him some slack.’”

The race question has also made it more difficult for comics to lampoon Obama. “I think white audiences get a little self-conscious if race comes up,” said Sweeney.

The late-night comics haven’t completely abandoned Obama, however. Jay Leno quipped: "Well, the Democrats are now preparing for their convention in Denver, and they have hired the first ever director of greening. They say that this year that everything about their convention will be green, including nominating a candidate who's only been a senator for a couple of years."

Still, Sweeney said: “We’re hoping he picks an idiot as vice president.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Thou shalt not laugh at dear leader.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It baffles me how someone can criticize Obama for bad oration and then see nothing wrong with President Bush's speeches.

You wouldn't happen to be one of the people that support Barak based on nothing but the color of his skin would you ?

Of course not.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to be one of the people that support Barak based on nothing but the color of his skin would you ?

Of course not.

Without giving your accusation a direct response, why else would you make this a personal argument other than in the absence of a good point? You are trying to dismiss what I say because it is true.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Double standard

The double standard comes from the Left even moreso.  Plenty of people on here mocked Bush for his oratory gaffes.  The left engaged/es in constant mocking of Bush's speaking ability, yet what do we hear when their Chosen One does the same thing, and worse?  

<crickets chirping>

Yup.   Our country's in trouble.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

See the post immediately below yours for the underlying reason we point out Obama's gaffes.

The media, Hollywood and late-night comedians can't/won't find ANYTHING to mock about ObamaChristSuperstar because they are cowering, white-guilted Liberal tools and swooners of Obama who, in the words of MSNBC's Chris Matthews, feel "a thrill going up my leg" whenever he speaks.

Hypocrisy. That's what it's all about.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The double standard comes from the Left even moreso.  Plenty of people on here mocked Bush for his oratory gaffes.  The left engaged/es in constant mocking of Bush's speaking ability, yet what do we hear when their Chosen One does the same thing, and worse?  

<crickets chirping>

Absolutely true!

Who's fault is that?

It is collectively ours, because we watch tolerate it...

I do not watch the news.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I believe that Ob-Gyns should be free to practice their love with their patients as well.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Double standard

<crickets chirping>

Plus MotherFuckin' One.

Not to mention the left (and the right) didn't have any problem making Bush out to literally be a Monkey, since he does kinda look like one.  Try that with the Messiah, even though he kinda looks like one, and see how far you get.

rr
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that Ob-Gyns should be free to practice their love with their patients as well.  

My favorite is:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I love the look on the SECDEF's face *Wait, WHAT?!?!*

(Excuse me sir, WTF?)

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

We are doomed.

Enola Gay dropped Little Boy over Hiroshima, piloted by Tibbet (?)
Bocks Car dropped Fatman over Nagaski.

No google or wikipedia used

I've seen both planes, and got to touch the Enola Gay while it was still in the Smithsonian's restoration faculity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

You are absolutely right... Komrade Macallan I am disappointed in you. You WILL pay for trying to take Obamessiah out of context. Our Glorious Leader is right in all things.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course not.

Without giving your accusation a direct response, why else would you make this a personal argument other than in the absence of a good point? You are trying to dismiss what I say because it is true.

The exact same reason you brought Bush into the conversation.To turn the conversation away from the point and direct it somewhere else deflecting criticism away from your candidate.

Typical Obama supporter tactics.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
His voters could care less what facts he butchers, they just want their free stolen shit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

The japanese cities at Pearl Harbor?..

What the fuck are YOU talking about?..

NO the Japanese cities near Pearl Harbor sheesh.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Actually it was a Gov't conspiracy to get us into the war. It wasn't the Japanese,Germans,or Italians. It was....us......
And it was also Bush's fault....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course not.

The exact same reason you brought Bush into the conversation.
To turn the conversation away from the point and direct it somewhere else deflecting criticism away from your candidate.

Typical Obama supporter tactics.

Let me get this straight-

1. If you accuse me of turning the conversation to Bush to deflect contrast criticism of Obama-

2. And you say you are doing the same thing by directing it toward me-

3. And then say that doing so is a typical Obama supporter tactic-

Aren't you a typical Obama supporter?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

We are doomed.

Fail.

There were two planes with two names.

What were they?  (I'll assume you know one)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top