Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:47:46 AM EDT
We own a 1650 square foot home 3 bedroom / 2 Full baths + 400 sqaure feet for a garage (2100 total).We run the A/C at a constant 71 degrees 24/7. We usually keep it 75 this time of year,but my wife likes it super cold since she is pregnant.

Our home was built in 2000 and we had some extra insulation added in the attic about 6 inches, otherwise its a regular home no upgrades insulation wise from the buiilder..

Anyway everything is electirc except our Heather and Gas tank, summer gas bill run $25- $30.
We got our June bill yesterday and the total for the entire month was a whopping $143 for the entire month, only $4.70 a day!

My old apartment was built in the 50's (only 700sq. ft.) using two newer A/c window units my electricty bill was $200, 10 years ago.
Brothers comprable size home built in the 80's with same amount of extra insulation runs him $225 per month and he keeps his A/C at 78 degrees.

Considering we dont really conserve energy, using regular light bulbs,electric Clothes dryer, no shade trees, etc.. and a toddler running in and out of the house. I just think that $4.70 per day is super cheap, and with a pregant wife, she wants to be comforable instrad of saving $40 a month (last years june bill was $99 according to the bill).

BTW, The meter is correct as they replaced all of them in the neighborhood 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Generally true, until you live in an adobe home. Been around for thousands of years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top