Posted: 7/20/2008 6:33:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a 'may issue' state... go figure.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]

"An automatic weapon is not used to kill anything except a person," Timmons said. "You're entitled to hunting weapons, (but) an automatic was invented with the intention to kill somebody, not an animal."

So, we're not idiot free. No place is perfect.

Wonder what his take is on Garands.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"An automatic weapon is not used to kill anything except a person," Timmons said. "You're entitled to hunting weapons, (but) an automatic was invented with the intention to kill somebody, not an animal."

So, we're not idiot free. No place is perfect.

Wonder what his take is on Garands.

Yup; automatic weapons were invented with the intention to kill somebody.

In the event of a home invasion by a rogue lion; you won't need one at all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Eh, even if 2/3 of the folks in the restaurant have guns and a large percentage have CCW permits, 95% are fudds and still think black rifles are dangerous and only cops should be allowed to carry a gun on their person.

Just about everyone I have met in Alabama who has a CCW permit got it so that they could carry a loaded pistol in their car. Almost nobody carries on their person.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Eh, even if 2/3 of the folks in the restaurant have guns and a large percentage have CCW permits, 95% are fudds and still think black rifles are dangerous and only cops should be allowed to carry a gun on their person.

Just about everyone I have met in Alabama who has a CCW permit got it so that they could carry a loaded pistol in their car. Almost nobody carries on their person.

95%? You don't get out much do you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow.
That is scary.
They want far more restrictive gun laws than what we have now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It might be "may issue" in name but its "you BETTER issue" in fact, if you want to keep your job!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#11]
With a respondent pool that small it is hardly indicative of the population at large. I would not consider really consider it that scientific of a poll.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

1st time I applied:
"I need $20 and your driver's license" (in that order)
Mail in renewal.

And yet, somehow, the streets do not run red with blood.....
Curious.

Disheartening some of the "FUDD" comments in the article, though.
Especially the "You're entitled to hunting guns" comment.

Don't remember anything about "hunting" in the 2nd, or the SCOTUS interpretation.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

95%? You don't get out much do you?

Why, are you thinking it should be closer to 99%?

Where do you go in Alabama that has a significant non-Fudd gathering?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top