Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:24:05 AM EDT
Brokaw is tossing him softball after softball.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It is ridulous.  I can just picture this dude being Obama's "Energy Czar".  He'll bankrupt us even quicker than Obama's revised tax codes
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I gotta think that Russert would have asked him some real questions about "the climate crisis".  If this is the way NBC News is going to run the show I guess I'm through watching.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Have they even mentioned nuclear power? "We're open to all options, wind and solar."
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Why is this robotic retarded moron/sore loserman still relevant at all???

Nuclear will never go over with the libtards' hippie left wing base...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why is this robotic retarded moron/sore loserman still relevant at all???

Nuclear will never go over with the libtards' hippie left wing base...

Shows where we're heading. He is still a Dem favorite.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is ridulous.  I can just picture this dude being Obama's "Energy Czar".  He'll bankrupt us even quicker than Obama's revised tax codes

He'd make a very good "Czar".
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Aside from the environmental bullshit and the high cost of his plans....

... I like the idea of the US being 100% energy independent.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But only on sunny, windy, days.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

thats because brokaw is a environmental wako himself.he belives AL,S B.S.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats because brokaw is a environmental wako himself.he belives AL,S B.S.

Brokaw is a Douche bag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NUKES dude.  Nukes.   That might be where Al Bore and I differ.  I'm all FOR nukes and recycling spent fuel.  It's the CLEANEST on-demand power we can get.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NUKES dude.  Nukes.   That might be where Al Bore and I differ.  I'm all FOR nukes and recycling spent fuel.  It's the CLEANEST on-demand power we can get.  

Yup.  Get enough power on the grid and we can start looking at plug in hybrids and other options to further reduce our fuel usage.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#14]
the democrats have heavily invested themselves into alternative energy sources.they are betting the bank.even gore has admitted to his investments.they hate big oil.and are looking for a way to control energy n this country.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Have they even mentioned nuclear power? "We're open to all options, wind and solar."

We got both kinds of music: Country and Western!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With as much hot air as the Dhimmopcrats produce, is it any wonder why they focus on this one?

No wind power where the Kennedys live, despite the fact that their sailboats get it.

Nice how the fervor AGAINST coal, oil and nuclear trickles down to wind power too, when it's in their back yard. ....unsightly.!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Biggest scam ever in my lifetime; the idea that Carbon dioxide is a pollutant! Plants with water and sunlight and CO2 make food that makes Al Gore fat! It's called photosynthesis!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That comment was directed at Gore not you.

Like all liberal ideological demagogues, he frames the argument in his favor with false conundrums; like being open to "all" solutions such as solar and wind power, while realizing full well he doesn't support any viable solution to our energy problems at all.

While his own, so called, "carbon footprint" continues to be as large as the state of Alaska.

And he's making a good buck at it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#19]
The interview with former Vice President Al Gore would have been much more convincing had Mr. Brokaw asked about:
1.  The transfer of the naval oil reserves to Occidental Petroleum.
2.  The locking of the low sulfur coal fields in Utah by the Clinton administration.
3.  How many acres of this country will we need to cover with windmills and solar panels to produce his "dream" of all of the electric requirements of this country coming from "Green" sources.
4.  What happens when the wind does not blow or the sun does not shine (night comes to mind) - how are we going to buffer that need?
5.  Are nuclear plants a part of his "dream".
6.  While the U.S. can do it's part (<5% of the world's population), what will be done about the contribution of China and India to "global warming"?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Why is no one talking for hydro-electric.
Its clean energy that runs day and night.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why is no one talking for hydro-electric.
Its clean energy that runs day and night.

Well dams flood out thousands of acres, and at the risk of sounding like an environmentalist whacko, they destroy entire ecosystems along riverbanks.

All that aside, they are expensive and require a great deal of maintenance and upkeep.

It's also a BAD thing when dams burst...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Can it be worse than the train wreck we are currently in?  W is doing great balancing the budget.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can it be worse than the train wreck we are currently in?  W is doing great balancing the budget.

Your right, what was I thinking? Up until reading your post I was going to vote for McCain. You've convinced me other wise. You may now go back to DU. Your mission was successful.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What train wreck?
You mean the soaring oil prices that the democrats want magic pixie dust to fix?
Be specific which policies are destroying America.
Please cold link all your links to daily kos.
KTHXBAI
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#25]
A has been asking a has been, has been questions.  What a waste of time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate Al Gore, but I love page 2!! w00t!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually COAL dude Coal. This country is the Saudi Arabia of Coal. Especially in the Western states and Texas. It's a tragedy the way the Enviro Wackos have hampered coal production in this country. They aughta be round up and shot!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Actually COAL dude Coal. This country is the Saudi Arabia of Coal. Especially in the Western states and Texas. It's a tragedy the way the Enviro Wackos have hampered coal production in this country. They aughta be round up and shot!

Southern IL has a huge deposit of coal too.

My ideal for energy independence would be nukes generating electricity and Fisher Tropsch refineries using coal to produce gas and diesel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top