Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 5:06:11 AM EDT
Do you let your children sleep in your bed and sleep as a family?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
NO
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like that would kill a marriage.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#3]
That would make morning wood a whole new and uncomfortable situation...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing more than a quick nap.

We will watch some TV in bed together but when it's time for sleep everyone get back to their own bed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes. The little guy (10) still likes hanging around me (I'm not the a$$hole cramping his style). Some nights we stay up and watch horror, war, and western movies and together. My wife works some nights only to find the two of us conked out and she has to do the couch thing. Her tough I guess. As far as the older ones go, no way. When they were younger, sure. Same deal, I'd spend more time watching them then the flicks. I work a lot of hours so it was and is my time with them. By the way, I have all boy's and at one time I was thinking of starting my own baseball team if I kept it up. I also taught them all how to cook, clean and all the other stuff to be independent but more importantly to be honest with me. When they are small, it's a great time just to hang. To each his own.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
nope
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#8]
No.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do you let your children sleep in your bed and sleep as a family?

my 4 year old did about 50% of the time, when it was time for his sister to be born we moved him to his bed full time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Do you Let your Kids Sleep in your bed?

No, because it might lead them to capitalizing random words as an adult.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Do you Let your Kids Sleep in your bed?

No, because it might lead them to capitalizing random words as an adult.

Actually the title of a thread should be first letter capatilized in all the words of the title..No randomness to it..  Grammar Nazis should undersatand grammar before blurting out, but I am not...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#12]
No.

Kids have a place in the family.  The kid place.  Too many parents worship their kids and disrupt the entire world to make sure their snot nosed brat is 'happy'.

But I had a friend that did.

He and his wife had at least one of their kids in bed with them for about 8 years, all total.

And he wondered why 'quality time' with the misses was so infrequent?

My wife and I were pretty sure it was a plot masterminded by his wife.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, ages 3 and four months . . . we are the "hippy family - with guns"
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sometimes. The little guy (10) still likes hanging around me (I'm not the a$$hole cramping his style). Some nights we stay up and watch horror, war, and western movies and together. My wife works some nights only to find the two of us conked out and she has to do the couch thing. Her tough I guess. As far as the older ones go, no way. When they were younger, sure. Same deal, I'd spend more time watching them then the flicks. I work a lot of hours so it was and is my time with them. By the way, I have all boy's and at one time I was thinking of starting my own baseball team if I kept it up. I also taught them all how to cook, clean and all the other stuff to be independent but more importantly to be honest with me. When they are small, it's a great time just to hang. To each his own.

I think sometimes is a good compromise..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife and I have let our nine month old daughter sleep in bed with us every now and then when she's had a rough night.  That usually helps her get some sleep.  When we've traveled like to my folks house it helped her go to sleep in an unfamiliar environment.  The one thing that was funny is when we went home to visit my folks and my daughter was having trouble going to sleep, my wife brought her into bed with us while I was asleep.  I woke up to a kick to the side of my head and there she was just rolling around and checking things out.  My wife was irritated my daughter wasn't going back to sleep but it was sure funny how my daughter was rolling around and having a good old time.  

As my little girl gets older I don't want her to develop the habit of sleeping in bed with us, but if she's had a bad dream or not feeling well, I don't see a problem with her in bed with us.  I know it helped me when I was little.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#16]
No way, kids are filthy.  Besides, that is where the dog sleeps.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#17]
3 year old -- about 15 percent of the time.  8 month old -- every night.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Made it through 3 kids, the youngest being 7 and not once have any of them slept in our bed with us. Sure they may have come and jumped on the bed to cuddle early in the morning but never to sleep through the night.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Not too much because she tosses, turns, and kicks me in the nuts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#20]
No , only the 2 dogs .
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#21]
No.

I know people who do, though. The kids are four, and three, and they can't get them in their own beds now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top