Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 8:41:27 PM EDT
www.2news.tv/news/25651079.html

BOISE - A group of Treasure Valley residents brought their hand guns to Zoo Boise, wearing their Second Amendment rights on their belt straps for all to see.

About a dozen gun owners took advantage of Idaho's open carry laws which allow them to carry guns in public as long as they are in plain view and remain holstered.

"I don't know that we're trying to make a statement," says Eric Bauer, who came to the zoo with his wife, three kids, and gun on his belt. "Maybe if anything we're trying to educate the public as to what they're rights are."

Bauer and his wife both were carrying guns. Since Bauer's three kids aren't yet 18 and can't legally carry a handgun, they carried knives on their belt straps instead.

Gun advocates said they organized this event at Zoo Boise because it is public property and they can't be kicked off.

"If you don't exercise your rights, you're gonna loose your rights," says Bauer

But for one out of state family visiting Idaho, guns at the zoo came as a bit of a surprise.

"To me I think it gives kids the idea that guns are OK and I think that they're going to be desensitized," says Anji Robertson who was visiting from Madison, WI with her husband and three kids.

These gun owners say education is key for anyone owning a handgun and they came out to show that the Second Amendment lives strong in the Gem State.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
They were "kept waiting" outside the park, which is public property, while the park manager conferred with police.  

I appreciate these good people trying to educate the public, but these kinds of hassles are why I wouldn't choose to open carry.  my personal choice is I don't want to be stopped and questioned by anyone about my weapon.  In Arkansas we don't have the option anyway, so concealed carry FTW.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupe, from just a few hours ago, so it can't be many pages down.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yep.  He's an Arfcommer.  

Quoted:
"To me I think it gives kids the idea that guns are OK and I think that they're going to be desensitized," says Anji Robertson who was visiting from Madison, WI with her husband and three kids.

How is this a bad thing ?  Sounds good to me.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8

As opposed to what they see in the news or on TV or in the video games they play. Yeah This lady really has here priorities straight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dupe, from just a few hours ago, so it can't be many pages down.

I saw it on the front page less than one hour ago

ETA:

It was on page 2 for goodness sakes

DUPE
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  He's an Arfcommer.  

I wonder if Bauer wrote that, the reporter intentionally spelled it (and put they're instead of their in another quote) wrong to make him seem stupid, or if the reporter is a flaming retard who couldn't spell what was said to him verbally.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=734237

Yup
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Just out of curiosity, what do those who open carry here think of the guy with the tactical leg holster?
Do any of you use the same type rig for OC?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Some horrible grammar in that "article".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Indeed. I spotted these myself:

Quoted:
"Maybe if anything we're trying to educate the public as to what they're rights are."

Bauer and his wife both were carrying guns. Since Bauer's three kids aren't yet 18 and can't legally carry a handgun, they carried knives on their belt straps instead.

These gun owners say education is key for anyone owning a handgun and they came out to show that the Second Amendment lives strong in the Gem State.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  He's an Arfcommer.  

I wonder if Bauer wrote that, the reporter intentionally spelled it (and put they're instead of their in another quote) wrong to make him seem stupid, or if the reporter is a flaming retard who couldn't spell what was said to him verbally.  

Eric is a great guy...and he can spell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top