Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:25:41 PM EDT
This question is directed at our Christian members, but in true GD fashion, all input is welcome (like it makes a difference)

Obviously there has been lots of talk about obama being the next Antichrist and so on.  With exception of a few closet (D) arfcomers, most here will agree there's just something eerie about him.  Is he really the Antichrist?  I don't know, but Its a tall order to make Hitlery look like an acceptable alternative.  I've never seen so many people go gaga for a politician.  My MIL has voted (R) her whole life, and has now jumped ship and guzzles the hope kool-aid by the gallon.

I was wondering, supposing he really is the the son of satan, do you think he knows in his heart that he is here to do evil, or is he being manipulated by the devil unknowingly?

Thanks.

EDIT:  I am wondering more about the Antichrist being aware of the fact that he is the Antichrist.  Whom ever it may be (Not necessarily BHO)

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What makes him look like an antichrist is that he is muslim, very charismatic, vage about presidential plans, and a good chance he will become president.

EDIT: might be muslim. but the church he attended had a rascist form of christianity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
what does the Bible say about teh antichrist?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

From my expierience The next antichrist is the 4th and final one and will bring a great change throughout the world. There will be a huge battle fought with the field of battle running red with irvers of blood.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Their are too many people in this country willing to shoot the guy for him to pull off an anti-Christ.

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
We will not know for sure if he is the antichrist until it is too late.  Kinda sucks huh?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not an expert, but some of the criteria put forth by some scholars doesnt give Barry-O much of a chance to be the Evil One..........some contend that the Antichrist will be the head of a resurrected Roman Empire, thus he would have to come from Europe or Eastern Europe to fit the bill.....of course, who knows............  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Their are too many people in this country willing to shoot the guy for him to pull off an anti-Christ.

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

This.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not an expert, but some of the criteria put forth by some scholars doesnt give Barry-O much of a chance to be the Evil One..........some contend that the Antichrist will be the head of a resurrected Roman Empire, thus he would have to come from Europe or Eastern Europe to fit the bill.....of course, who knows............  

I always heard the middle east...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard that as well..........although Europe is where I would place him if I had to guess.........not sure if anyone in the M-E could broker a 7 year peace deal with Israel and the Arabs........but, who can say........I just wouldnt want to be around when things go south

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always heard the middle east...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Too many people hate/dislike him for him to be the anti-Christ, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The thing is the media is doing nothing but kissing his ass.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree............the antichrist will be a charismatic person who takes the world by storm, and many will fall under his sway.........Barry-O hasnt swayed more than a small crowd

Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#13]
forgot to throw in, MHO is we are about to get our asses handed to us to the point that we will never play a force in world politics again.  Look for the antichrist to be from EU
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]
He is not smart enough to be the Anti-Christ,
he has a hard enough time speaking without a teleprompter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Here it is. ALL of it. Nothing more . . .

1John.2:18 -- Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1John.2:22 --  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John.4;3 -- And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:7 -- For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

Snopes.com on Obama as antichrist
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
So, Obama = ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So, Obama = ?

nope
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
First off, Im glad to hear that hes not sweeping people off their feet like he is here in the PNW.

Second, Regardless of BHO's status, I was wondering if the anticrist (whom ever it may be) would KNOW he was the son of the devil, or if he was just a bad person that plays into the devil's hands.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]
There were many antichrists in the past and there will be many more to come, but THE antichrist you are asking about will not be revealed until the abomination of desolation. This is when he enters the holy of holies in the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and declares himself as God.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There were many antichrists in the past and there will be many more to come, but THE antichrist you are asking about will not be revealed until the abomination of desolation. This is when he enters the holy of holies in the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and declares himself as God.

So from the day he is/was born he Knows his fate?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I do not believe anyone would be asking this question if Obama were indeed the anti-Christ.

I do not think it will be that easy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't answer that, nor do I think anyone else can for sure. End times prophecy remains a mystery as far as the order of events and specific explanations to answer your question. All God has provided us is what is written and the rest will not be known until it occurs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#23]
It's just the balance following 8 years of an extremely unpopular president.

People generally do not approve of Bush, and that means that that whoever runs after him doesn't have to be excessively well-prepared, experienced or even qualified for the office. All they have to do is NOT BE GEORGE BUSH.

The further Obama pushes himself from Bush's legacy, the more support he gets.

There's no supernatural mumbojumbo at work here, just a lot of people being manipulated by a politician who saw his opportunity and took it.  A man who would NEVER have had a chance at the White House if Bush hadn't been so unpopular.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not christan and I agree that there is something very worng about Mr Obama. Maybe not anitchirst wrong but some evil vibes,
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Doesn't the anti-christ suffer a ""fatal head injury" survive the affair and then start doing evil things? If so this memo must go out:

To the sniper trying to take out the anti-christ(who ever that maybe).Use at least a .50cal and have a nuke on standby!.It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I am waiting to see if Obama ever wears a blue turbin like Nostradamus predicted the third great Anti-Christ of the world would wear.    It would be messed up because I think that Nostradamus crap is bogus but it would be freaky if it turned out that way.

All those believers thinking it will be Osama Bin Laden or someone like that and then a year or two from now we see our own President Obama in a blue turbin with the same pattern on it as GW's blue and white specked ties.  Even I would probably freak the hell out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm surprised adults are even debating this issue.

BTW McCain is the boogeyman.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It's just the balance following 8 years of an extremely unpopular president.

People generally do not approve of Bush, and that means that that whoever runs after him doesn't have to be excessively well-prepared, experienced or even qualified for the office. All they have to do is NOT BE GEORGE BUSH.

The further Obama pushes himself from Bush's legacy, the more support he gets.

There's no supernatural mumbojumbo at work here, just a lot of people being manipulated by a politician who saw his opportunity and took it.  A man who would NEVER have had a chance at the White House if Bush hadn't been so unpopular.

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#29]
He is not the antiChrist.

If everyone here liked him also, THEN he might be.

Seriously, anti Christ will be loved by nearly all.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I heard folks claim Clinton was the Antichrist fifteen years ago and they were incorrect. Anyone worried about your future can ask Jesus into your life..Confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead and you shall be saved...and you will not have to worry about any Antichrist's power over you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

BTW McCain is the boogeyman. [/quote

OMGWTFBBQ No wonder I have been seeing him in my closet and under my bed! OHS DE KNOWES!

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#32]
So who here believes there will be an Antichrist?

Who here believes that individual is alive now , waiting in the wings so to speak to eventually step onto the world stage?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#33]
There might be one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So who here believes there will be an Antichrist?

Who here believes that individual is alive now , waiting in the wings so to speak to eventually step onto the world stage?

No one knows
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Tried to clear up any confusion about the question in the OP.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Hell, some guy on Coast to Coast today was saying Tony Blair is the Anti-Christ. I hate driving when that program is on. It's my own personal train wreck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I am waiting to see if Obama ever wears a blue turbin like Nostradamus predicted the third great Anti-Christ of the world would wear.    It would be messed up because I think that Nostradamus crap is bogus but it would be freaky if it turned out that way.

All those believers thinking it will be Osama Bin Laden or someone like that and then a year or two from now we see our own President Obama in a blue turbin with the same pattern on it as GW's blue and white specked ties.  Even I would probably freak the hell out.

He IS visiting the M-E now...time will tell?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#38]
The ac is supposed to be loved and admired and able to fool everyone, obama can't pull that off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#39]
IMO the Anti-christ will be some asshat representing the UN and will be admired/loved by most everyone.....mark my words, the UN is pure evil that hungers for global communism.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#40]
While I believe Obama to be pure evil - he is not the anti-christ.  The anti-christ will make Obama look like a rank amateur to put it kindly.

It is also thought that the anti-christ will arise out of the European union at a time when the world is in the midst of chaos.  He will have all the answers and will attempt to bring about world government under his rule.  He will broker a peace deal between the Israelis and Arabs which will last for 3 1/2 years.  He will seek to be worshipped as God and will cause all within his power to receive his mark or face death.

It is thought that the anti-christ will not be revealed until after the rapture of the church (which could be literally any day).  Anti-christ's reign will take place during the 7 year tribulation period.

See Revelation Chapter 13 for more on the anti-christ.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]
burn him at the stake its the only way to find out for sure
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

See Revelation Chapter 13 for more on the anti-christ.*

The word antichrist appears nowhere in Revelation. I take it you're assuming that the beast equals "the" antichrist? WHat do you base that assumption on? Are there any scriptures that equate the beast in Revelation to John's mention of the many antichrists (which existed at his time) and the "spirit of antichrist." Again, there are just four mentions of antichrist in the Scriptures. NONE of them refers to a person who will rise to rule the world.

BTW, if the antichrist=the beast, he should be pretty easy to spot. Those seven heads and ten horns will be a dead give-away . . .

*Rev.13
[1] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
[2] And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
[3] And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
[4] And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
[5] And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
[6] And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
[7] And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
(8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
[9] If any man have an ear, let him hear.
[10] He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
[11] And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
[12] And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
[13] And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
[14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
[15] And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
[18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

ETA: again . . .

Here it is. ALL of it. Nothing more . . .

1John.2:18 -- Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1John.2:22 --  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John.4;3 -- And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:7 -- For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Isaiah 10:5

"Woe to the Assyrian, the rod of my anger,
      in whose hand is the club of my wrath!

Obama is a son of Ham.

He doesn't fit the job description.

The Anti-Christ will rise out of the former Assyrian Empire.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
He is not smart enough to be the Anti-Christ,
he has a hard enough time speaking without a teleprompter.

You would be referring to  the "turtle on a fencepost" scenario it would seem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#45]
And evangelicals also espoused that Gorbachev had the mark of the beast.  All of this is just the desperate effort of mankind to make sense out of their world.  Every generation believes theirs to be the most dire, the closest to apocalypse.  Even the Apostles themselves, just a decade after Jesus' death, thought the end times would be soon.  Soon is relative.  My church spent much time studying Daniel and Revelation when I was small (and thus a captive audience).  I heard that the three rulers uprooted were Lenin, Stalin and Brezhnev, and Gorbachev was the ultimate horn.  Of course this was in the 80s when folks believed we were really in the end times; the people who preached that at the time are on to other hot topics now, just like in every decade before and after.  Flu wiped out 1/3 of the earth's population.  Nuclear power could do even more.  Does mankind really get worse by generation or do we just figure out new ways to vent that evil?  I don't know.  But the foolish talk about Obama is just embarrassing and it makes Christians look stupid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Barack (6) Hussei (6) nObama (6)

There's proof.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

BTW McCain is the boogeyman.

Nah, he's just a daywalker.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#48]
if he makes peace in the middle east then i will start to worry. thats what i am watching for

course he would have to get elected first, wounldnt he
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#49]
No one knows for certain except the Father. Even Satan wouldn't know for sure if Obama is going to be the Anti-Christ spoken of in Revelations.
I'd say Obama is a potential Anti-Christ, one of several candidates Satan may trot out every so often to bring about the end times.
The only thing that will let Obama be the Anti-Christ is the Good Lord. And no one can presume to know His will.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top