Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:12:26 PM EDT
Man is that shit excruciating.

Although the instructor was pretty funny and quirky, and his wife was the sweetest old lady ever, it's hard staying in one spot for 10 friggin' hours.

The instructor dressed me down for not flicking off my safety while in the low ready.  I tend to flick it off right before bringing the sights up.  I think I almost got DQ'd.  

On the plus side, I outshot everyone else and got perfect scores on both the shooting and the written test.  $140, plus the chunk-o-change for the class, and a couple of months later, and I should be all set.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait, you guys have to take a class?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah I knew one of you Washington boys would be around to gloat in short order.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Although the instructor was pretty funny and quirky, and his wife was the sweetest old lady ever, it's hard staying in one spot for 10 friggin' hours.

The instructor dressed me down for not flicking off my safety while in the low ready.  I tend to flick it off right before bringing the sights up.  I think I almost got DQ'd.  

On the plus side, I outshot everyone else and got perfect scores on both the shooting and the written test.  $140, plus the chunk-o-change for the class, and a couple of months later, and I should be all set.

WTF is the safety for?  Have it removed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On a 1911, I'd say it's got its uses.

Do you carry in Condition Zero?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is nice
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I knew one of you Washington boys would be around to gloat in short order.

Sorry, it's all we got.

Now go back to shooting machine guns, sawn off shotguns, short barreled rifles,  or whatever else you Texans get to do.

(end of thread hijack)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to take my renewal soon.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Least they're pud classes. Not to mention the shooting portion of the class is VERY pud (In Kansas @ least)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On a 1911, I'd say it's got its uses.

Do you carry in Condition Zero?

Hooray for Condition zero.

Seriously though. I may hate safteys in general, but I sure like em on my 1911s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top