Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 9:32:22 AM EDT
Any tried and true methods for getting to sleep? I haven't slept more than five hours in a few weeks, often goin without sleep for a night or two.

Anything I should try? Like a herbal tea, otc meds, or a massive adrenaline dump?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]

jerking off?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this: www.amazon.com/Annie-Dukes-Advanced-Texas-Secrets/dp/B000A2UBNY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1216488921&sr=1-2

Someone gave it to me a while back and I havent been able to get past about 10-15 mins of it before konkin out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Any tried and true methods for getting to sleep? I haven't slept more than five hours in a few weeks, often goin without sleep for a night or two.

Anything I should try? Like a herbal tea, otc meds, or a massive adrenaline dump?

I've seen Tylenol PM work for people.  Consult your trusted family physician.  There are ways of treating issues like this without wording things on paper in a way that might ever cause you trouble wrt gun ownership.  

Of course, mine is a class 3 owner.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I use Tylenol or Excedrin PM 2 or 3 times a week (1 tab most of the time).  For me, it works and no liquids 2 hrs before going to bed).
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#5]
To quote Dennis Leary, "Capital "N", small "y", big fucking "Q""  NyQuil. I'll use it for a night or two if I have trouble sleeping more than 3-4 nights in a row. It puts me to sleep in about 30 minutes and I'm out all night. If you do this be careful because I know a person who got to the point where he couldn't sleep without it. Even if I had the worst cold immaginable, I wouldn't use the stuff for more than 3-4 nights in a row.

If its been a few weeks since you've had a good night of sleep I'd consult a doctor ASAP.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I take a few Benadryl to help me sleep sometimes.  It's the same stuff that's in Tylenon PM that acts as a sleep aid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I take melatonin almost every night
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I take melatonin almost every night
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top