Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:59:00 PM EDT
I just found out that his wife is chairman of the board for Anhieser-Busch. That's right.... she actively participated in turning over control of the largest beer company in America (and one hell of a revenue producing machine) to a foreign company.

Just kinda pissed me off.

I'll still vote for him cause he's the lesser of two evils, but I don't like that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought her family owned a distributor?  And didn't they fight the buy out?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If someone gave you 4 bucks for 1 of your own dollars and you accepted the offer, would that piss you off?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
EVERYBODY here well at least MOST of us have a bad taste from day one. But we are either voting the lesser of 2 evils, or for a CHANCE at conservative SCOTUS judges or what not.

Also don't care that Bud was bought by Belguins. They make good beer. But they will have to change all their American Owned signs blasting Miller in the bathrooms at Seaworld for being forgien owned. Damn it is hard to spell when I'm drinking. ---Guinness not bud
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Who cares?  They BOUGHT A-B.  Because the investors SOLD the stock.

Some of you guys...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
i understand, but what did you expect her to do?

it is not like they are the first such company to do so, miller and coors have long since given in to foriegn interest

if you want to drink American, drink Shiner or Sam Adams

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard he Napalmed poor Vietnamese children and puppies.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
chairman of the board?????? she owns distributorship.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And he's old
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

+1  My god, Budweiser is a shitty ass beer anywahy, now maybe the Belgians will make it taste better.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You forgot the kittens.  You can't forget the kittahs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just found out that his wife is chairman of the board for Anhieser-Busch. That's right.... she actively participated in turning over control of the largest beer company in America (and one hell of a revenue producing machine) to a foreign company.

I'll still vote for him cause he's the lesser of two evils, but I don't like that.

I suggest you do some research.  The board said no.  It was a hostile takeover.  The shareholders did it, not the board.

Besides, as pointed out, she was not chairman of the board, she owns a distributorship.  As far as I can find out, she is not even ON the board.

Some of you guys are just digging for shit to sling.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, no.

www.anheuser-busch.com/Press/Leadership.html

"Patrick T. Stokes
Chairman of the Board
— Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc."

Although it is interesting that ol' Hugh Shelton is on the Board of Directors.

-p.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Am i missing her on this list or am I looking at the wrong info?
www.anheuser-busch.com/press/Leadership.html

Edit answered above
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It was a hostile takeover.  If the shareholders want to sell out, the board can't really do anything unless there's a special arrangement like with the NY Times where special minority shareholders can override majority rule.

Does it really matter to you who owns Spuds MacKinzie and Bud Bowl?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

+1  My god, Budweiser is a shitty ass beer anywahy, now maybe the Belgians will make it taste better.

I could not agree more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Your kidding me right? You blame someone for taking profits?

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

Smartest thing said today by anybody.

vmax84
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#19]
CNN just said she was COB. That's where I got that. Sorry if I've posted false information. That wasn't my intent.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

+1 - The deal was a great deal for the shareholders.  If you don't like it, you should have bought a controlling interest in Budweiser.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
McCain...didn't he have something to do with that hurricane a while back?  The one that destroyed New Orleans?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

+1 - The deal was a great deal for the shareholders.  If you don't like it, you should have bought a controlling interest in Budweiser.

Same people bitching about FUTURES.  Instinct plus opportunity equals profit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
OMG!  You mean in the 21st century the economy is global!?!  Oh teh noes!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
McCain...didn't he have something to do with that hurricane a while back?  The one that destroyed New Orleans?

I think that was Bush's hurricane machine.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that was Bush's hurricane machine.

No, you're confusing that one with the Haliburton weather machine (the haymaker).  Newbs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Hardly anybody is voting for McCain.  Almost everyone that is voting for him is voting against Obama.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll vote for McCain.

AND his Supreme court appointees(nominees)...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
CNN just said she was COB. That's where I got that. Sorry if I've posted false information. That wasn't my intent.

Well, that's where you went wrong.

Stop watching CNN.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Did you just make that up, or did you get it in some stupid email which you then forwarded on? Either way, its wrong. She chairs a distributor, not AB itself.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Does this means it's not Bush's fault?  This political stuff is giving me a headache.  

Don't be silly.  It is always Bush's fault.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I thought her family owned a distributor?  And didn't they fight the buy out?

+1
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Ten Horrible Truths About John McCain:

10. John McCain is old as Frankenstein and has more scars than dirt.

9. John McCain accidentally shot a missile on the flightdeck of the Oriskany killing 1,100 Navy seamen.

8. John McCain conspired with the North Vietnamese in secret talks in Paris to get the US Gov't to quit the war.

7. While in captivity, he was given special treatment by the North Vietnamese. They even let him fuck Jane Fonda.

6. The day that John McCain came back to the US from Vietnam he met with his lawyer and drew up his divorce papers because he wanted a new rich trophy wife and free beer for life.

5. In the early 80's John McCain received a $250,000 "loan" from Muammar Gaddafi funneled through Charles Keating's Lincoln Savings & Loan. He has yet to ever account for that money.

4. While in the Senate, John McCain voted to ban Assault Weapons not just once - but seventy-six times. And that's a fact.

3. John McCain is not a natural-born US Citizen. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone which makes him ineligble for becoming President. But Obama will never bring up the issue because he wasn't born in the US either.

2. John McCain can't say the letter "S". He has a speech impediment from snorting too much cocaine off Jane Fonda's thigh.

1. John McCain isn't even Irish. He's half Kenyan and half Dutch.  

Now ya' know.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Ten Horrible Truths About John McCain:

10. John McCain is old as Frankenstein and has more scars than dirt.

9. John McCain accidentally shot a missile on the flightdeck of the Oriskany killing 1,100 Navy seamen.

8. John McCain conspired with the North Vietnamese in secret talks in Paris to get the US Gov't to quit the war.

7. While in captivity, he was given special treatment by the North Vietnamese. They even let him fuck Jane Fonda.

6. The day that John McCain came back to the US from Vietnam he met with his lawyer and drew up his divorce papers because he wanted a new rich trophy wife and free beer for life.

5. In the early 80's John McCain received a $250,000 "loan" from Muammar Gaddafi funneled through Charles Keating's Lincoln Savings & Loan. He has yet to ever account for that money.

4. While in the Senate, John McCain voted to ban Assault Weapons not just once - but seventy-six times. And that's a fact.

3. John McCain is not a natural-born US Citizen. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone which makes him ineligble for becoming President. But Obama will never bring up the issue because he wasn't born in the US either.

2. John McCain can't say the letter "S". He has a speech impediment from snorting too much cocaine off Jane Fonda's thigh.

1. John McCain isn't even Irish. He's half Kenyan and half Dutch.  

Now ya' know.

BRAVO!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Does this means it's not Bush's fault?  This political stuff is giving me a headache.  

Hey you forgot about the ronbots !! This is not bad ~
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
So now the belgians own the beer that the mexicans drink?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#37]
It's crappy beer anyways...why should I care
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So, the owners (look up that word) of an American company may not sell to anyone who isn't also an American?

What about the flip side of that coin?  Can Americans not buy foreign-owned companies?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

I didn't care because they make chick piss in a bottle.  Yet it's "real" beer because its made in Amurica.  Retard juice for the dullards of the world.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

Exactly, companies are bought and sold all the time.  Big deal.  In 5 years it very well could be bought again by an American company.

BTW I own BUD.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It's crappy beer anyways...why should I care

Well, now that Les Belges have it maybe it will get better.

They make some awesome beer over there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Some of you guys...

+1

Sums it up perfectly, IMO...................
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So?

Who gives a fuck...

Besides, you must be reading some BS chain e-mail because (A) Mrs McCain is NOT on the A-B board, and (B) A-B was bought outright, directly from the shareholders.... The board had ZERO control over the situation....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So?

Who gives a fuck...

Besides, you must be reading some BS chain e-mail because (A) Mrs McCain is NOT on the A-B board, and (B) A-B was bought outright, directly from the shareholders.... The board had ZERO control over the situation....

That is so typical of you Dave_A.  Screwing up a good internet myth with facts.  What the hell is wrong with you?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the sale of AB is a good thing.  The Belgians will mismanage it and we'll be buying it back for pennies on the dollar (see Daimler-Benz purchase of Chrysler).
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

They're fucking globalist. Borders mean nothing to these people, so why are you surprised over this?

Sucker
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
OMG!  You mean in the 21st century the economy is global!?!  Oh teh noes!!!!!!!!

The horror!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're fucking globalist. Borders mean nothing to these people, so why are you surprised over this?

Sucker

May I ask who you're going to vote for?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Whoa! Let's get this right -  Man I WAS THERE! I never knew ANYONE napalm any damn puppies. Pigs, water buffalo, NVA, VC, and yes, occasionally old women, decrepit old men, and kids. But NEVER any fucking puppies. Damn - this is how shit gets started. Stop this right now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Hardly anybody is voting for McCain.  Almost everyone that is voting for him is voting against Obama.

Just like in the primaries where nobody voted for him, they only voted against the real Republicans.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top