Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 10:09:18 AM EDT
So who is going to play this with me on PC in 2009?

OPF2 while not as much the simulator that OPF was, will still embrace realism and expansive battle far surpassing that of COD4 or BF2

article
pc.ign.com/articles/890/890665p1.html

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2269/operationflashpoint2drayg0.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2148/operationflashpoint2dramc9.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8025/op2picuf1.png

Awesome High Def Video
youtube.com/watch?v=sz7H1hwW28A

www.tdrgaming.com  
Teamplay gaming community
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm there. I loved OP-Cold War.
Very strange the first time I played it. It was so open, no corridors and such, very nice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
When I saw the trailer I couldnt figure out if its was about the Chinese, the japanese, or the chinese invading the japanese
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
A sniper using a M1A/M14!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
When I saw the trailer I couldnt figure out if its was about the Chinese, the japanese, or the chinese invading the japanese

From reading it.. Its Chinese Vs Russians.. then the Russians ask the US to come help them..  So may be three factions.. which would be excellent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sniping was weird in the previous games.

Never really got into it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is still my all-time favorite and most-played game.  Too bad it was so buggy.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is still my all-time favorite and most-played game.  Too bad it was so buggy.

yeah well keep in mind it was from 2001

tdrgaming.com
Teamplay Gaming Community
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh I just thought of this..  Will we be able to see the AN 94 in action? Need to find this out...

www.tdrgaming.com
Teamplay Gaming Community
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#9]
idk if anyone is into building websites. but I just bought

ofp2central.com

and will start working on it here in a few weeks.

If anyone is in the mood to get involved, let me know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell

Yes!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#11]
HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH!

Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis was my favorite FPS for several years!  Now it's CoD4, but if the new OFP is anywhere as good as the original, it'll be my new favorite.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From reading it.. Its Chinese Vs Russians.. then the Russians ask the US to come help them..  So may be three factions.. which would be excellent.

Hmm, really?  They've just lost about three billion customers.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Should be awesome!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#14]
i'll buy it
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#15]
The original was awesome, I spent HOURS upon hours playing custom missions that guys posted on the net.

I think my favorite mission custom from resistance was one where you had to ambush a bus full of Russian soldiers and you are on a hill with a few guys and women too.  Armed with a mix of long guns and pistols, as well as C4.

I must have blew up that bus 1000 times, bc I would have to restart the mission after dying from square 1.

Awesome game, Im in.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
The original was awesome, I spent HOURS upon hours playing custom missions that guys posted on the net.

I think my favorite mission custom from resistance was one where you had to ambush a bus full of Russian soldiers and you are on a hill with a few guys and women too.  Armed with a mix of long guns and pistols, as well as C4.

I must have blew up that bus 1000 times, bc I would have to restart the mission after dying from square 1.

Awesome game, Im in.

hock.gif  I remember playing this one.. Gosh it feels like 15 years ago, but I guess it hasnt been that long.. Yea I remeber playing the same scenerio hundreds of times trying to get it right...  Now I think I am much more looking forward to multiplayer..

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]
From the title I thought it was going to be another airsoft flame thread like Operation Lion Claws III.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Never played the OFP series but heard a lot about it.  Hopefully this will be my first.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#20]
This has nothing to do with the original Operation Flashpoint series from 2001.

Codemasters, which distributed the game for Bohemia Interactive Studios, got the name, and is using it to make their own game. Bohemia Interactive Studios are the ones who made OFP. They already have a sequel called Armed Assault which has been out for about a year or two. From what I hear they are already working on Armed Assault 2.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#21]
OFP was an AWESOME game, I would love to play OFP2 but my computer wouldn't handle it, and right now I got a higher priority on getting guns before upgrading this thing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I read somewhere a different company is developing Flashpoint 2, and that Armed Assault is the true 'Operation Flashpoint 2'
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#23]
That's purdy
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys do realize that the real sequal to OFP, ARMA has been out for nearly 2 years now, and ARMA2 may be out by the end of the year.

If you are a single player fan of OFP:Resistance I'd suggest waiting for ArmA2 as the SP in Arma was terrible.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you are a single player fan of OFP:Resistance I'd suggest waiting for ArmA2 as the SP in Arma was terrible.

Yep I purchased Armed Assault and eagerly loaded it up last year, only to be completely disappointed.  I tried it half-heartedly for maybe a week and just...stopped.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#26]
ARMA sucked for many reasons and one of which was going for hyper realism..

EXPECT OFP2 to be a more realistic version of COD4 or BF2..

Kind of like a really new souped up graphics engine on OFP but without the 15 minutes you had to drive in a truck to get to the battlefield.

Codemasters does an excellent job with their other games I would expect more of the same..

hink

Wait for this
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Flashpoint was great.

ARMA? Not so much. It lacked all the heart of the first one. It also lacked the hyper-fanatical modding community which kept that game going for literally 4-5 years, IIRC. Morevover, it came with all the bugs of the first.

I still have hope for the new one, though.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome game, Im in.

I can't wait to see what the mission builder options allow in OFP2!!!  Especially with those graphics!!!  Yea I am gonna look into the early info to make sure they are putting a mission builder in this..
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I played the hell out of the old OFP and have the FFUR mods for it. I have also been playing ArmA online co-op and I really like it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Ahh I can't take it.
I'm going to install OPF and resistance again and play it again.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If you don't want 'hyper-realism', play COD4 or something like that. Leave the OFP/ARMA franchise alone.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#33]
OFP was a really good game but I stopped when you took control of a squad because I could never figure out how to command them correctly
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH!

Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis was my favorite FPS for several years!  Now it's CoD4, but if the new OFP is anywhere as good as the original, it'll be my new favorite.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

If you don't want 'hyper-realism', play COD4 or something like that. Leave the OFP/ARMA franchise alone.

hmm well you misinterpreted what i was saying.. hyperrealism doesnt sell well and thus you have ARMA.. Codemasters knows this.. But I like them do not want a COD4 clone..

I hate that gamehe
I expect it to be very realistic but it will be made more accesible then ARMA was for instance..

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm well you misinterpreted what i was saying.. hyperrealism doesnt sell well and thus you have ARMA.. Codemasters knows this.. But I like them do not want a COD4 clone..

I hate that game   I liked OFP for the realism..    But they are not planning on making a game that takes 15 minutes in a truck to get to a battle for online play.

I expect it to be very realistic but it will be made more accesible then ARMA was for instance..

Ah, realism.

I dream of taking a bunch of game developers to a range and giving each of them a full auto weapon. Then I'm going to make each of them take turns firing 30 rounds on full auto while jumping up and down and running from side to side while sprinting and shooting from the hip.

"Does that work? No? WELL THEN QUIT PUTTING IN IN THE SODDING GAMES!"
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Awe crap.  Guess I'm getting hooked again just thinking about how fun OFP was...  Guess I'm going to have to reinstall it too.  

Ha! I know, this thread just made me do the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Here is a presentation that was given at E3..

One cool thing is the island this is based on the real island completely real mapped, and everything on the island is based on the the real island.

Presentation from E3

Oh btw the realism looks great.. I mean great.. must check this out..

OVER 70 infantry Weapons and 50 vehicles!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Every time I see one of these trailers I'm reminded of how badly I need a new gaming rig.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#42]
OFP was the shit.

Very realistic in the fact that the most you saw of the commies was a flash in the treelines some 500 meters away usually.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#43]
height=8
Quoted:
Every time I see one of these trailers I'm reminded of how badly I need a new gaming rig.  yeah so will 90% of us..
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's hoping they do the original justice.

One of my favorite multiplayer missions from the original was the one that took place in a desert area of one of the islands, and you had to ambush a Russian convoy. After ambushing them, an Mi-24, a few BMPs, and several squads of Spetsnaz came to join the party too. Damn good times.

I liked the ability to scour the battlefield for new equipment and save it for later missions in Resistance, made you truly feel like an outgunned rebel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I got pushed over the edge and just  bought OFP, Game of the Year edition on Ebay.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Call me a skeptic, but it has very little over ARMA. I have yet to see a full in-game video so I will not go any further.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I still play OFP.  Love ARMA, which i have'nt had as much problems with as some people have.

As far as the modding community for ARMA...its there.  there is more shit for ARMA then the majority of other PC titles.  Go visit Armaholic

OFP2:DR will be available for the XBOX 360 and probably the PS3 as well.  So if you dont have a powerfull rig, but a console, no worries.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#48]
The original OFP was and still is my all time favorite video game, specifically because of the realism of the simulation. I never really got to try ArmA, because my current computer won't run it and I refuse to buy a new one just to play a game (guess I could replace the motherboard, but...). Anyway, the original OFP completely blew BF2 and COD, etc, away in that aspect. I'd love to see another one like the original, but if they make it like all those other games (meaning _games_ instead of simulations), then piss on it. I want realism, not reincarnation and all that crap the other games have. I mean, what good is it if it's just another "online airsoft" game, so to speak? We need more "games" that teach tactics/strategy, etc. Not just mindless free for alls.

Just my .02.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#49]
If I had a good computer, I would to play it, but my priority is on my future guns atm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top