Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2001 2:32:34 AM EDT
I bagged an unusual 8 point yesterday.  He was unusually large for a PA deer.  He was a mature buck, probably 5 or 6 years old, and weighed something over 200 lbs.  His rack was unusually thick and heavy for a whitetail, they look a lot like sambar stag.  I'll post a pic once I get a digital one of the antlers.  The rest of him is off being processed.  .300 Savage is big medicine on deer.  That old boy dropped like lightning had hit him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the buck,  please post pics.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations Golgo!  That brings back the 'ole deer hunting memories.  How far away was he?

I had to limit my deer hunting to working in the yard wearing my .41 magnum.  Our property is a natural escape route when hunters push the woods behind us.  I usually see a dozen or so in the yard every deer season - a really nice buck last year.  Maybe tonight.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
my families farm is in pennsylvania, so i went out too for the first day.  i was willing to shoot anything (buck or doe) but noting really presented itself.  everyone on our hillside was looking for bucks.  my uncle took a nice big 4 point and cousin got a smaller spike.  my brother took the only doe.  

the game commission opened up the season to reduce the herd, but with eyerone so conditioned to shoot bucs, i don't know that many doe will fall this year.  we always took a lot of doe off our mountain in that old 3 day season.  sloth
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Run Bambi! Man is in the woods!

*bang*

Never mind! Man nailed your father, but it was a clean shot!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#6]
bambi killer.

Oh, BTW, can you come down here and kill all the ones just ITCHING to smash the front end of my car????

[:D]

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]Lookout! It's a white-tailed deer!
It's comming right for us![/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top