Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:12:21 PM EDT
If there isn't, it wouldn't be very Heavenly.

But if there is... with anybody?  Or do you have to be married?  To the same person you were married to when you were alive?  If you had more than one wife, which one?  And do you have to stay married to the same person for all eternity?  What happens if, after 2000 years you get tired of her shit and want to move on?

Enquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
um, dude
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The question is when your dead and your 85 do you really want to have sex w/ an 85 or so year old women?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha this is great.. IBTL though probably.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But if there is... with anybody?  Or do you have to be married?  To the same person you were married to when you were alive?  If you had more than one wife, which one?  And do you have to stay married to the same person for all eternity?  What happens if, after 2000 years you get tired of her shit and want to move on?

There is no sex, and no marraige in heaven...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sex is a pleasure of the flesh. No flesh, no sex required.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always wondered this:

A man is married to a woman at 25. Man gets hit by a car a few years later and goes to heaven.

His wife remarries and is shagging a new dude.

They die and meet first husband in heaven.....

How bad does it suck for the first dead husband?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Odd, that doesn't sound right. Sex AND no marriage sounds like heaven to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The question is when your dead and your 85 do you really want to have sex w/ an 85 or so year old women?

But do we show up in heaven as 85 years old?  Since it's Heaven, can't we be 20 again?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If not, you will soon hear about my misdeeds on CNN.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
If there isn't, I ain't goin'~
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Where do you think snow comes from?

White shit that just falls from the sky? I think not....

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably sex in hell too.

Except you're "catching"....
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
You know that feeling when you bust a nut, that's what heaven is like 24/7 with out all the work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've always wondered this:

A man is married to a woman at 25. Man gets hit by a car a few years later and goes to heaven.

His wife remarries and is shagging a new dude.

They die and meet first husband in heaven.....

How bad does it suck for the first dead husband?

Christ addressed this in the answer to the 'Seven time widow' question...

This is the passage that indicates there will be no marraige (and thus no sex) in heaven...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But do we show up in heaven as 85 years old?  Since it's Heaven, can't we be 20 again?

'Transformed' into something 'better' is all the Bible gives on the subject...

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I don't want to go to your version.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Seriously, I think the individual soul is like a rain drop. Heaven is like the ocean, except it's an ocean of happy good feelings. When you die your soul goes to the happy good feeling heaven like a rain drop falling into the ocean, becoming lost in all the goodness.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#18]
It actually says, somewhere in the Bible, that "men and women are not joined in marriage" in the afterlife.

I'm no Bible scholar, so I can't quote you chapter and verse.

I would presume that would rule out sexual relations once you have departed the prime material plane.

But that isn't really the most important question here.

What IS important is this question:

Is that really a dog eating a hamburger in your avatar?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is the passage that indicates there will be no marraige (and thus no sex) in heaven...

There's no marriage, but there sure as hell is sex, on this plane of existence.  Stands to reason the lack of marriage oughtn't to be stopping me after I cross the Rainbow Bridge.

Hope I didn't give you the vapors

12,000 quatloos says I know what's coming next... "Well, then, you don't need to worry about going to Heaven!"  Right?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I think you better worry about just getting there first.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It actually says, somewhere in the Bible, that "men and women are not joined in marriage" in the afterlife.

I'm no Bible scholar, so I can't quote you chapter and verse.

I would presume that would rule out sexual relations once you have departed the prime material plane.

Doesn't sound very Heavenly to me.  Sounds more like The Other Place

But that isn't really the most important question here.

What IS important is this question:

Is that really a dog eating a hamburger in your avatar?

A squeaky-toy hamburger, yes
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#22]
According to scripture, there will be no marriage in heaven. However, the bible makes no mention---one way or another---regarding sex in heaven. However, heaven will---more likely than not----be an "Edenic" type of place (where everything is perfect and where there will be no sin or death just as it was originally intended in the first Eden) and---in the original Eden----Adam and Eve were unclothed and the first commandment that they were given by God was to be fruitful and multiply. Well, there's only one way for people to multiply....so, if I had to guess, I would say that "Yes", there will be ---more likely than not---sex in heaven. God made sex. It was His idea. It wasn't mans idea or the devils either. It was considered a holy act in Eden, it's still (supposed to be) consider just as holy now and it will still be holy in the great by-and-by. The "sex is a taboo issue" line of thought comes 100% from misinformed and misguided christians who completely misunderstand the idea about sex and why God made it in the first place. It's not around just so people can bring children into this world. It was also invented for good, ole fashion, joy and fun that a husband and wife could enjoy with each other and---for proof of this claim---one need look no further than the book of Song of Solomon in the Bible. By biblical standards, it's a fairly erotic book and there is no mention  of the husband and wife having sex just for the sole purpose of having children. In fact, in that book, child rearing is hardly mentioned at all.

Bottom line is God's ALOT less hung up on the issue of sex than most christians are.  Why should He be? He's the One who created it in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Matthew 22:23-32

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[a]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#25]
No.  Spirit beans have no physical needs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoping it will be something different won't change it.

The Bible is clear on a few things. Dave is right. At least on the marriage part.

The Bible may not be clear about the sex part, but without marriage I would doubt there is much if any sex going on unless the rules we are supposed to live by on earth change once you get up there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Bible is clear on a few things. Dave is right.

That's nice, and no he's not, but I still stand by my statement.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Bible is clear on a few things. Dave is right.

That's nice, and no he's not, but I still stand by my statement.  

What is your reasoning or logic ?

Its not like I want there to be no sex, but Christ explained to us there would not be marriage in heaven.

Considering this , where does sex fit in  ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not up for a religion debate.  I'll just keep it simple and say that I disagree.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm not up for a religion debate.  I'll just keep it simple and say that I disagree.

Can I ask if you believe the Bible and if you are a christian ?

No need for debate, I just want to know where you are coming from.

If you are a athiest, I understand your point of view and I wouldn't try to change it, because we would never get anywhere.

If you are a christian your view is puzzling to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ooo, I really shouldn't do this, but what the heck.

Yes, there will be sex.

I assume you have to be married, but don't have any info to prove either side.  I'm assuming that if you do believe in heaven, you also believe in Gods commandments and moral standards, so I don't know if he'd just let heaven become a huge orgy (rats! ).

Assuming both partners were righteous enough to get into heaven, yes.

Don't know about divorce in heaven, but I'm going with yes.

No clue.  That and I don't think they use "years" in heaven.

And yes, there can be marriage in heaven.  I'd rather not start a war on religious belifes which seems to happen every time, so I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's no marriage, but there sure as hell is sex, on this plane of existence.  Stands to reason the lack of marriage oughtn't to be stopping me after I cross the Rainbow Bridge.

Hope I didn't give you the vapors

12,000 quatloos says I know what's coming next... "Well, then, you don't need to worry about going to Heaven!"  Right?

Only you & God know if you're going...

But the biblical account seems to indicate some form of bodily transformation, and no marraige...

Since sex outside of marriage is immoral, and there is no indication that said immorality is rescinded in heaven....

And since there can be no immorality or sin in heaven...

Without marriage there can be no sex in heaven....

P.S. I will agree that God is quite clear on the subject of sex WITH YOUR SPOUSE - it is intended for pleasure as well as reproduction...

It is also clear that any other sex is immoral...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:\
And yes, there can be marriage in heaven.  I'd rather not start a war on religious belifes which seems to happen every time, so I'll leave it at that.

Christ Himself said 'no marriage in heaven'...

The authority does not get any more absolute - at least in terms of the Christian heaven....
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#34]
i dont know...no one i know who has made it there has made it back to LMK
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, there will be sex.

I assume you have to be married, but don't have any info to prove either side.  I'm assuming that if you do believe in heaven, you also believe in Gods commandments and moral standards, so I don't know if he'd just let heaven become a huge orgy (rats! ).

No way there is divorce in heaven.

Heaven is a perfect place, without sin or mistakes, so definitely no divorce.

I don't believe it will have marriage either and very unlikely there is sex.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Matthew 22:23-32

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[a]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

It is fallacy to believe that since there will be no marriage in heaven that there will, likewise, be no sex in heaven as well. The bible simply doesn't mention the issue one way or another so it's a waste of time for people to make a conclusion based on incomplete facts and possibly incorrect assumptions.

God is a Creator by His very own nature. He likes to make things, help them grow, watch them grow and see them reproduce. When Jesus was on this earth He worked as a carpenter by trade before He began His earthly ministry. Think about that for a moment. He was a carpenter. What do carpenters do? They make (create) things with wood and wood working tools. Jesus, by His very nature likes to create things. That's why he hates murder so much. He doesn't like to see His creations destroyed. That is also why He went to the cross----He didn't want His creations spending eternity in hell. Instead, He wants ALL of His creation to be in Heaven where He (and us, as well) can enjoy our relationship with Him. We are His family (if we have a personal relationship with Him) and He wants to spend eternity with His family (and He would prefer that all would become saved for this very reason).

Here's something else to think about, too. Some of Jesus best parables had to do with farming. What do farmers do? They plant seed and grow new crops from that seed. Again, they make things (in this particular case, they make agricultural products). So, even in many of Jesus's parables, His creative nature shown through. He likes to make stuff and His first commandment to Adam and Eve was, basically, to make stuff on His behalf as well. Does "Be fruitful and multiply" ring anyone's bells around here? Since God is the same yesterday, today and forever then why should we expect Him to be any different now than He was back then? He created Eden exactly the way He wanted it and He looked at ALL of His creation and called it "very good" (either He was a fool, a liar or He was right). Part of that creation was a naked man and a naked woman whom He had both commanded to be fruitful and multiply. He wanted them to inhabit the earth (and there is only one way to do that), subdue its creatures and be fruitful in it and, at the same time, be willing to spend time with Him on a daily basis just like we would with our own families (in an ideal world). That was His original idea for Eden and---since God doesn't change---why should we expect His ideas for heaven to be any different? For christians, we will (probably) just go to heaven at the end of our days (when we die) and, basically, pick up where Adam and Eve left off before they fell from grace.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
P.S. I will agree that God is quite clear on the subject of sex WITH YOUR SPOUSE...

Or spouses, or concubines.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]
no heaven, no hell, no problem.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]
No sex in heaven?  Good thing I don't believe in it then... cause I wouldn't want to go.  As far as a mythology I always preferred Valhalla.   Bashing each other all day, meed and Valkaries all night!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, there will be sex.

No way there is divorce in heaven.

Heaven is a perfect place, without sin or mistakes, so definitely no divorce.

I don't believe it will have marriage either and very unlikely there is sex.

I was worried that would be confusing, I was answering his question in red with my response in red, that yes, you would be stuck with them for eternity.  I do NOT think that divoce will be allowed, but I can't say for sure, since there's no mention of divorce.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I have heard it all now.

Heaven is like the PlayBoy Mansion and Hell is full of trailer park trash.          
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
No sex in heaven. Only in the mortuary...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Transformed' into something 'better' is all the Bible gives on the subject...

Therefore, if there IS such "pleasure" in Heaven, it will be better than sex:

ALL THE EBRS YOU COULD EVER WANT, PLUS UNLIMITED AMMO AND NO BATFE!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Why would you want to be shackled to some woman for eternity? I should think a lifetime is long enough.

Quoted:
Therefore, if there IS such "pleasure" in Heaven, it will be better than sex:

ALL THE EBRS YOU COULD EVER WANT, PLUS UNLIMITED AMMO AND NO BATFE!

ASDUFHKLSJHGKJAH

I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#45]
You will not even remember sex ever was, and you will always feel better than at the height of an orgasm
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Either way, when I die I'm being frozen so I can come back to life and work for another 50 years. Then I'll get all the ass I want.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sex is a pleasure of the flesh. No flesh, no sex required.

True.  You can't have "blue balls" if you don't have balls (or a body for that matter)...  

In all seriousness, my belief is that you are going wherever you honestly believe you are going.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Is there sex in Heaven?

Don't know, don't care.

I'm not going there so that's the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope so, cause I sure ain't gettin' any here.  

Vulcan94
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top