Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:48:03 PM EDT
What is the 'conservative' fascination with this tool?

He's a gun-grabbing, tax and spend, free healthcare for illegals, Massachusetts liberal.  WTF makes him so conservative where he is the only way that McCain can consolidate his "base"?  To tell the truth I would prefer Lieberman over that plastic hair-hat assmaster... he's as phony as a 3 dollar bill.... but the talk radio pukes like Sean Vanity are always licking his sack.  Hell, why not Guiliani... at least he could maybe get NY... Mitt is a flip flopping freak!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

He's a gun-grabbing, tax and spend, free healthcare for illegals, Massachusetts liberal.  WTF makes him so conservative where he is the only way that McCain can consolidate his "base"?  To tell the truth I would prefer Lieberman over that plastic hair-hat assmaster... he's as phony as a 3 dollar bill.... but the talk radio pukes like Sean Vanity are always licking his sack.  Hell, why not Guiliani... at least he could maybe get NY... Mitt is a flip flopping freak!

+1
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
He wouldn't leave much for the libtards to attack.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+2

I may be be unable to vote the ticket if Mittens is on it
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There isn't much for them to attack as it is.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
This election season you just have to vote for the lesser of the two democrats.

It's not a perfect system, but it's all we've got.

McCain '08.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This election season you just have to vote for the lesser of the two democrats.

It's not a perfect system, but it's all we've got.

McCain '08.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
After Fred dropped out, Mitt was the most conservative candidate left. Somehow that got him branded as a REAL conservative. That's the best I can figure.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
better him than huccabee
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
McCain better find a better VP.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Mittens said on Meet the Press tat he would sign the AWB2, and we know he would
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't much for them to attack as it is.

True. Iraq is the only thing. Even though Obama has flip-flopped a couple of times on that topic lately.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate that guy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
The media loves him because he's an anti-gun, big government, pro-abortion, pro-socialized medicine Massachusetts liberal.

The so called "conservative media" and log cabin type Republicans are desperate to get this guy to run again in 2012.

Videos

Romney tries to out liberal Ted Kennedy

Log cabin republicans support Romney's fight against conservatism

Romney supports tough gun control

Romney Flustered On Guns

"Weapons of unusual lethality"

Mitt Romney supports restrictions on weapons deemed dangerous to law enforcement and the public

Romney speaks about "global warming"

Mitt Romney: Energy independence can reduce warming gasses

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense.
They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people"

-Mitt Romney

"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts, I support them, I won't chip away at them.

I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety."

-Mitt Romney

"I also, like the president, would have signed the assault weapon

ban that came to his desk."

-Mitt Romney

January 24, 2008

Ok to ban lethal weapons that threaten police

Q: Are you still for the Brady Bill?
A: The Brady Bill has changed over time, and, of course, technology has changed over time. I would have supported the original assault weapon ban. I signed an assault weapon ban in Massachusetts governor because it provided for a relaxation of licensing requirements for gun owners in Massachusetts, which was a big plus. And so both the pro-gun and the anti-gun lobby came together with a bill, and I signed that. And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that's something I would consider signing. There's nothing of that nature that's being proposed today in Washington. But I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality.
Source: Meet the Press: 2007 "Meet the Candidates" series Dec 16, 2007

Supports Second Amendment rights but also assault weapon ban

Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.
A: Let's get the record straight. First of all, there's no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I've been governor in a pretty tough state. You've heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina May 15, 2007

Will support assault weapons bill and Brady Bill

The candidate reiterated his support for an assault weapons ban contained in Congress' crime bill, and the Brady law which imposes a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases. `I don't think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect,' Romney said.
Source: Joe Battenfeld in Boston Herald Aug 1, 1994

Amnesty issue
January 8, 2008

What Mitt Romney has said about an immigration reform plan, once pushed by rival John McCain and backed by President Bush, that would have given many illegal immigrants in the United States a possible path to citizenship if they paid a fine and back taxes and met other requirements.

Nov. 2005 Globe interview

"That's very different than amnesty, where you literally say, 'OK, everybody here gets to stay.' It's saying you could work your way into becoming a legal resident of the country by working here without taking benefits and then applying and then paying a fine."

Romney did not specifically endorse McCain's bill, saying he had not yet formulated a full position on immigration, but called the efforts by McCain and Bush "reasonable proposals."

ROMNEYCARE AT A GLANCE

This is Romney's health care plan of which he claims authorship and credit.
The plan guarantees Planned Parenthood a seat at the decision-making table.
The plan provides taxpayer-funded abortions for a copay of $50.
The plan penalizes individuals not buying health insurance coverage and small businesses not offering health insurance to their employees.
Romney Is Quick To Take Credit For Massachusetts' Health Care Plan

"I love it. It's a fabulous program." (GOP Primary Debate, Reagan Library, Simi Valley, CA, MSNBC, 5/3/2007)
"But I helped write it and I knew it well..." (GOP Primary Debate, Reagan Library, Simi Valley, CA, MSNBC, 5/3/2007)
KEY ASPECTS OF ROMNEY'S MASSACHUSETTS HEALTH CARE PLAN...

(1) Guarantees Planned Parenthood A Seat At The Table.   Romney's legislation created an advisory board and guarantees, by law, that Planned Parenthood has a seat at the table.  Romney's plan established a MassHealth payment policy advisory board, and one member of the Board must be from Planned Parenthood.  No pro-life organization is represented. (Chapter 58 Section 3 (q) Section 16M (a), http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/seslaw06/sl060058.htm )

(2) Provides Taxpayer-Funded Abortions .  Abortions are covered in the Commonwealth Care program that Romney created as Governor.  Under the program, abortions are available for a copay of $50. (Menu of Health Care Services: http://www.mass.gov/Qhic/docs/cc_benefits1220_pt234.pdf )

Romney used his line-item veto authority to strike eight sections of the bill that he found objectionable, including the expansion of dental benefits to Medicaid recipients.  Yet, he did not strike Planned Parenthood's guaranteed Board representation and he did nothing to prohibit taxpayer-funded abortions as part of his plan. ("Romney's Health Care Vetoes," Associated Press, 4/12/06)
(3) Punitive Toward Small Businesses. Small Businesses are fined $295-per-employee if they do not provide health insurance coverage to employees. (Steve LeBlanc, "Mass Lawmakers Ok Mandatory Health Bill," Associated Press, 4/5/06)

(4) Punitive Toward Individuals. Individuals not obtaining health insurance coverage lose their personal state tax exemption in 2007, which will cost them an estimated $219 in higher taxes.  In 2008, uncovered individuals are assessed a fine equal to 50-percent of the cost of a standard insurance policy, which could be as much as $2,000.  (Michael Tanner, "No Miracle In Massachusetts," Cato Institute, 6/6/06; Steve LeBlanc, "Timing Of Health Care Law's Penalties Could Pose Risk For Romney, MA," Associated Press, 11/9/07; William C. Symonds, "In Massachusetts, Health Care for All?" Business Week, 4/4/06 )

Link

Romney names 4 women to bench
Seen as response to call for diversity
By Russell Nichols and Kathleen Burge, Globe Staff  |  April 27, 2006

Clarification: A story in yesterday's City & Region section about Governor Mitt Romney's nomination of four women for judgeships stated that 40 percent of former governor Paul Cellucci's judicial appointments from 1997 through 2000 were women. During his final months in office, in 2001, Cellucci made another 14 judicial appointments, two of them women. Including the 2001 numbers, 31 percent of Cellucci's judicial appointments were women.

Governor Mitt Romney, under pressure to name more women to the bench, yesterday nominated three current or former prosecutors and a top official from the Menino administration in what aides boasted is the largest number of female candidates ever brought forward at once.

Kathe M. Tuttman of Andover and Merita A. Hopkins of Boston were nominated as associate justices of the Superior Court; Tracy L. Lyons of Marblehead as associate justice of the Brighton division of the Boston Municipal Court; and Therese M. Wright of West Barnstable as associate justice of the Edgartown District Court.

Until yesterday, just 13 of Romney's 43 recommendations for the judiciary were women, sparking criticism from groups that said he should appoint more. Recently, Romney has pushed to appoint more female and minority judges, and last month he put the spotlight on the Judicial Nominating Commission, the state panel that screens potential judges, for failing to forward more candidates to his office.

''The governor felt he wasn't getting enough female and minority candidates," said Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom. ''The governor is interested in making sure that appointments to the bench, to the extent possible, reflect the diversity of the community at large."

If yesterday's recommendations are approved by the Governor's Council, 36 percent of his judicial appointments will have been women. That rate is less than the previous governor. Forty percent of Paul Cellucci's appointments to the bench from 1997 to 2000 were women.

Romney nominated six women to the bench in 2005. He has recommended six so far this year, including the four put forward yesterday.

''That's a step in the right direction," said Pamela Berman, the former president of the Women's Bar Association and a current partner at a Boston-based law firm. ''We've been actively trying to encourage women to apply. We hope he continues this trend."

Tuttman, who has worked as an Essex County prosecutor since 1989, prosecuted Patrick S. McMullen, the Salisbury man convicted last year of raping, beating, and holding hostage his wife and six children for six years. She also prosecuted Eugene McCollom, who pleaded guilty last year to beheading a prostitute and burying her body parts on a Nahant beach.

Lyons was a prosecutor for nearly 15 years, including chief of the sexual assault unit in the Suffolk district attorney's office. She prosecuted Terrance Copeland, the man who eventually pleaded guilty to numerous charges in the kidnap and rape of four teenage girls near the Ashmont MBTA station in 2001 and 2002. In 2003, Lyons opened her own office as a general practitioner in civil and criminal cases.

Wright, who now works in the appellate division of the Plymouth district attorney's office, has argued before the state Supreme Judicial Court in rape and drug cases.

Before she was chief of staff to Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Hopkins was corporation counsel for the city and responsible for the direction of the city's Legal Department.

She also specialized in white-collar crime and drug prosecutions as a prosecutor in the state district and superior courts with the Middlesex district attorney's office.

Tuttman and Hopkins are registered Democrats. Lyons is a Republican. Wright is registered as unaffiliated with any political party.

An official from the Massachusetts Republican Party said yesterday that the affiliations of the nominees have no bearing on their abilities.

''They all have prosecutorial experience," said Matt Wylie, the party's executive director. ''We can count on them to be law-and-order judges. Patronage has no place in hiring and appointments."

Romney has argued that political views don't matter when it comes to enforcing the law. The legal community celebrated the governor's new rules for the Judicial Nominating Commission, including a ''blind" first phase of the selection process that removes names from applications to ensure that candidates are judged on merits alone.

Romney jurist picks not tilted to GOP
Independents, Democrats get call
By Raphael Lewis, Globe Staff  |  July 25, 2005

(Correction: Because of a reporting error, a Page One story about Governor Mitt Romney's judicial nominations July 25 inaccurately described the political party affiliation of the chair of the Judicial Nominating Commission, Christopher D. Moore. He is unenrolled.)

Governor Mitt Romney, who touts his conservative credentials to out-of-state Republicans, has passed over GOP lawyers for three-quarters of the 36 judicial vacancies he has faced, instead tapping registered Democrats or independents -- including two gay lawyers who have supported expanded same-sex rights, a Globe review of the nominations has found.

Of the 36 people Romney named to be judges or clerk magistrates, 23 are either registered Democrats or unenrolled voters who have made multiple contributions to Democratic politicians or who voted in Democratic primaries, state and local records show. In all, he has nominated nine registered Republicans, 13 unenrolled voters, and 14 registered Democrats.

With increased attention on judicial nominees after President Bush's nomination of John G. Roberts Jr. to the US Supreme Court, Romney said Friday that he has not paid a moment's notice to his nominees' political leanings or sexual orientation -- or to the impact his choices might have on a future presidential run. He said he has focused on two factors: their legal experience and whether the nominees would be tough on crime. He said most of the nominees have prosecutorial experience.

''People on both sides of the aisle want to put the bad guys away," Romney said.

Romney, who is considering a run for the Republican nomination for president in 2008, has cast himself to GOP audiences as a lonely Republican voice in an overwhelmingly Democratic state. But his judicial appointments led one out-of-state activist to suggest the choices might hurt Romney among Republican voters. Observers in the Bay State legal community, meanwhile, said they see a contradiction between Romney's judicial choices and his conservative rhetoric, including his stated opposition to same-sex marriage.

''I've long since given up trying to figure out what makes Mitt Romney tick," said Joyce Kauffman, former cochairwoman of the Massachusetts Lesbian and Gay Bar Association.

The governor said that, so far, he has had few chances to appoint judges to the highest state courts, where his criteria would change to include ''strict construction, judicial philosophy."

''With regards to those at the district court and clerk magistrate level, their political views aren't really going to come into play unless their views indicate they will be soft on crime, because in that case, apply elsewhere," Romney said.

The Globe's review found that several of his choices for the bench in Massachusetts have strong ties to the state's dominant Democratic Party. He tapped a former Democratic Suffolk County sheriff, the sister of Boston's City Council president, a top official under Democratic Secretary of State William F. Galvin who once ran for the House seat of Republican leader Bradley H. Jones Jr., and a former intern for Democratic US Representative Joseph P. Kennedy who switched his party affiliation to the GOP two weeks before his nomination.

Romney, despite his opposition to same-sex marriage, in May selected for a district court judgeship Stephen S. Abany, a former board member of the Massachusetts Lesbian and Gay Bar Association who organized the group's opposition to a 1999 bill to outlaw same-sex marriage. Just two days before the nomination, Romney was lamenting the liberal tilt of the state's bench, telling Fox News that ''our courts have a record here in Massachusetts, don't they, of being a little blue and being Kerry-like."

Another Romney choice for the bench is Marianne C. Hinkle, a registered Democrat who worked as an aide to Governor Michael S. Dukakis in the late 1970s and prosecuted John C. Salvi III in the 1994 Brookline abortion clinic shootings. Hinkle, in her application for the bench, describes herself as a longtime active member of Dignity/USA, a group that advocates for expanded gay rights in the Catholic Church and society generally.

Romney won praise in the legal community when he replaced regional judicial nominating committees that were viewed as politically tainted with a centralized Judicial Nominating Commission. The commission considers applicants using a ''blind" first phase of the selection process that removes names from applications in an attempt to ensure the candidates will be judged on their merits. In addition, all of Romney's nominees have been submitted to a Joint Bar Committee on Judicial Nominations, which rates candidates as qualified, well-qualified, or unqualified -- and each has been found to be either qualified or well-qualified.

After Romney nominates the candidate, the pick must be approved by the Governor's Council, where Democrats hold eight of nine seats. Some observers said the long list of Democrats among Romney's court picks suggests that the governor has at least one eye toward the political landscape of the state, where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans nearly 4 to 1.

''He's tried to have a process devoid of politics, [but] he also has to get his nominees approved by the Governor's Council, and that is not a bipartisan body," said Jones, of Reading. ''The biggest problem in trying to reform the system to make it devoid of politics is that not everyone else buys into that model."

Romney, asked if he has engaged in any horse-trading with Democratic politicians, said: ''So far I have not ever given any weight whatsoever to whether I think someone can make it through the Governor's Council. I send them individuals who I feel are highly qualified and have the right judicial temperament related to crime and punishment."

Romney has faced criticism from Governor's Councilors and some bar associations for failing to nominate more women, minorities, and defense attorneys to the bench. Seeking to counter such attacks, Romney's appointee to the chairmanship of the Judicial Nominating Commission, Boston lawyer Christopher D. Moore, has reached out to minority and women's bar associations to encourage members to apply. He's done the same with the state lesbian and gay bar association, which also has a seat on Romney's joint bar committee.

''This is one of my real goals, to continue this track record of reaching out by making full use of these organizations," said Moore. ''Since becoming the chairman, it's almost a universally held view that these organizations are the best forums for demystifying the process."

Whitney J. Brown, a registered Democrat with ''no connections" whom Romney nominated earlier this month for a clerk magistrate position in Gardner District Court, said she was shocked to even get an interview for the position, let alone the nomination.

''Everyone said to me, 'Good luck, you're not going to get anywhere,' " Brown said.

Still, there is evidence to suggest that Romney is making sure his fellow Republicans and conservatives get a piece of the action.

For one thing, Romney's choice to chair the Judicial Nomination Commission, Moore, is a Republican and member of the Federalist Society, a conservative legal group that fights ''judicial activism" and promotes the legal system as the preeminent venue for protecting ''traditional values." Romney also named to the commission Greer Tan Swiston, a software engineer and failed Republican candidate for state representative in 2004 with no legal training.

Peter Vickery, one of the Democrats on the Governor's Council, says he believes Romney and Moore would seek far more conservative jurists if a vacancy were to pop up on the Supreme Judicial Court, which delivered the gay marriage decision that Romney has routinely blasted.

Some of Romney's nominees do have stellar Republican or conservative bona fides. For example, Romney's pick for Peabody clerk magistrate, Kevin L. Finnegan, is a former two-term Republican state representative. Another choice was Bruce R. Henry, the son-in-law of former SJC Justice Joseph Nolan -- whom Romney wanted to represent his administration in seeking a stay of the court's gay marriage ruling.

David L. Yas, editor of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, a trade publication, said the perception among most Bay State lawyers is that Romney's administration, when it comes to screening out politics from the process, is not much different from past governors.

''People feel the process has made some improvements, but in the legal community, there is still a sentiment that politics still plays a role," Yas said.

Some in the bar say Romney has been slow to solve the dispute over pay raises for public defenders, and some lawyers resent his cries of judicial activism in the wake of the SJC's same-sex marriage ruling of November 2003.

''Those in the legal community take the independence of the judiciary very seriously, and when he derisively calls them unaccountable and activist, that gets the legal community steamed," Yas said. ''He hasn't exactly expressed great confidence or pride in our legal system."

Rick Beltram, chairman of the Spartanburg County, S.C., Republican Party that hosted a Romney fund-raiser in February, said South Carolina's Republican presidential primary voters may think twice about supporting a Massachusetts governor whose judicial picks had been ''actively lobbying for gay marriage."

''That could be a problem," Beltram said.

At the same time, Beltram said he suspects Romney's judicial choices reflect ''smart politics," given that Republicans constitute just 13 percent of Massachusetts registered voters.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#14]
It is getting harder and harder to pull that lever, but would still be better than Oboma.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

I may be be unable to vote the ticket if Mittens is on it

I already am.

McCain could request Hillary as his VP and I would be as likely to vote for him as I am now.

call me what you will.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
It must be difficult to be a Republican.  You people spend all of your time either attacking Democrats or making excuses for the things Republican politicians do that are identical to what you attack Democrats for.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It must be difficult to be a Republican.  You people .....  

Racist!!!

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Hey!  Dave_A and I agree on something!  Alert the media!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hate that guy.

He reminds me of a used car salesman.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
better him than huccabee

Huckabee would pull a lot of votes in the south where Romney would be a huge liability.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It must be difficult to be a Republican.  You people .....  

Racist!!!

B-B-BUT SOME OF MY RELATIVES ARE REPUBLICANS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Optimus Douche = Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
After Fred dropped out, Mitt was the most conservative candidate left. Somehow that got him branded as a REAL conservative. That's the best I can figure.

No, McCain was the most conservative candidate left...

Mitt Romney is a John Kerry clone with an (R) after his name...

He is far, far left...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Romney and McCain = don't fucking care.

I'll hope for the health of the 5 yes votes on Heller and watch America get what it deserves.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
better him than huccabee

Huckabee would pull a lot of votes in the south where Romney would be a huge liability.

Yep. He's as an empty suit, just like Obama.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#26]
God help us.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That and the fact that for some damn reason Hannity was pimping him and Rudy out big time over McCain and Huckabee back in the primaries.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Paging Robinson Arms. Robinson Arms to the lobby please.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It must be difficult to be a Republican.  You people spend all of your time either attacking Democrats or making excuses for the things Republican politicians do that are identical to what you attack Democrats for.  

Yes it is our cross to bear.  But it still beats supporting candidates who openly embrace the failed socialist themes that have been proven to ruin countries.  But hey, as long as you get your "change", I guess you are all good, eh?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is our cross to bear.  But it still beats supporting candidates who openly embrace the failed socialist themes that have been proven to ruin countries.  But hey, as long as you get your "change", I guess you are all good, eh?

It must make bearing your cross a bit more difficult to assume anyone that is not like you is your twin-like enemy. You don't even know who to pretend to be different from!
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Paging Robinson Arms. Robinson Arms to the lobby please.

Still haven't forgiven him yet?
I haven't either
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
better him than huccabee

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes.  And I can't stand Mitt Romney.  

I reaaaalllllyyy hate that crosseyed fuck from Arkansas.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is far, far left...

That is part of what I do not understand, he is so far left that it almost seems like his church would disown his ass, but they didn't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Move along now
<-------------------------------------------------------------------DU

You're probably being missed there right about now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is far, far left...

That is part of what I do not understand, he is so far left that it almost seems like his church would disown his ass, but they didn't.

Even the conservative Mormons here were all dying to blow this guy because he was running.

I was happy to see him lose.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move along now

When you vote for a Liberal in November try to remember the way home
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move along now

You're so trendy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Mittens said on Meet the Press tat he would sign the AWB2, and we know he would

He would be VP, so he couldn't, unless McCain kicks the bucket in office.  Who knows what the chances of that are.  He is a liberal with an R in front of his name.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I hate Romney too. I just don't hate him as much as I hate Obama.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Romney can Ram it. Jesus. I hate that guy, I'm originally from MA... *groans*
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Like I said, get used to it boys.

He's going to be the pick.

He's got charisma.  And most importantly...

He's got MONEY.

Obamamessiah was already raising 40 million a MONTH before he got the nod.  You are going to see him raise astronomical sums of money.

McCain can't raise money for shit.  Have any of you guys contributed to his campaign?

Didn't think so.

So the fact that Romney has $247 million dollars available to him is going to be HUGE.

Kevin "Watch."
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Gulianni is worse than romney on gun control.  Get your facts straight.  Also McCain said he wouldnt sign gun bands and Mcain would be the president.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move along now

You're so trendy.

Your posts and post count rtells us all we need to know

Say hello to Iverglass for us
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gulianni is worse than romney on gun control.  Get your facts straight.  Also McCain said he wouldnt sign gun bands and Mcain would be the president.  

McCain is also kind of old.  What do you suppose happens if McCain dies in office...  ?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

McCain can't raise money for shit.  Have any of you guys contributed to his campaign?

McCain has best fundraising in June, Obama's dropped sharply in May
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
www.rightontheright.com/files/RomneyMcCain.jpg

He's got MONEY.

Obamamessiah was already raising 40 million a MONTH before he got the nod.  You are going to see him raise astronomical sums of money.

Didn't think so.

So the fact that Romney has $247 million dollars available to him is going to be HUGE.

Kevin "Watch."

Oh... so this is how you think it should work?

I should give money to the guy I have hated since the 90's to keep the other guy out of office?

And some how it is my fault for not funding the guy I hate less, that he is going to get some money from a guy I hate more than him... but just a little less than the guy I hate the most.

Where is my checkbook?

Holy shit!

I am out of touch.  

Is this what we are really running as a campaign?

"Hey... at least I am not him!"
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Did I miss something?  Did Mittens get picked?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
www.rightontheright.com/files/RomneyMcCain.jpg

He's got MONEY.

Didn't think so.

Kevin "Watch."

Sure, just like the same media "conservatives" that decided Giuliani was going to be the nominee, and was a frontrunner until the day he dropped out...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Haven't you heard?  The old liberals are now today's conservatives!

C'mon, everybody is doin' it!  

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Is this what we are really running as a campaign?

"Hey... at least I am not him!"

Isn't that how the past two guys were elected?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top