Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2008 11:30:22 AM EDT
As I type this, my best friend Marley is laying on the hotel room floor, unaware of how shitty her week is about to get.  She is a 5 year old female black Labrador.  I'm here in Stillwater OK to take her to the OSU Small Animal Clinic tomorrow morning.  She has hip displacia on her left hip and is probably going to get a total hip replacement.  Anyone had one of these done?  What can you tell me if so?  Wish us luck!

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That does not sound cheap. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]
No advice for ya but my dog is named Marley as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
We are pulling for you Marley. Get well soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck, Marley.  My lab had ACL repair last year, but recovered well.  You will, too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
a hip replacement's expensive but with a strong young dog it's usually a 100% new start on a leg that's equal to a perfectly healthy 1, in the long run her life's gonna be a lot better.

My dog scar is 13 and is to old to have that done or I'd pay for it, he can't get around good because of his hips so he's getting a dog cart.

God bless!!!!

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, we had good news.  Turns out her problem was a torn ACL.  She had a Tibia Plauteu Leveling Osteotomy and did great.  She walked out of the vet and is resting in her kennal.  She will have to stay in the kennel all the time except for short walks on a short lead and sling to go potty.  She should be 100% in 12 weeks.  Thanks for the well wishes!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
That is good news.

How did they miss the diagnosis?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top