Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/11/2008 10:15:54 PM EDT
He was an illegal alien running a business out of his half million dollar home
employing illegals, paying them cash and probably having them living there

I wonder if the irs will be charging him with income tax evasion.......

Sentencing expected for roofer who used illegals
Danielle Ameden
Daily News staff
Jul 11, 2008
http://www.wickedlocal.com/milford/news/x1470902168/Sentencing-expected-for-roofer-who-used-illegals
MILFORD - A federal judge today will determine the fate of an illegal immigrant roofer who harbored and employed other illegal immigrants.

Described by his lawyer as "humiliated" and heartsick, Daniel Tacuri will be deported after serving whatever sentence Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV imposes this afternoon in U.S. District Court in Worcester.

Tacuri, 33, who was arrested with 14 other illegal immigrants in a pre-dawn December raid of his 21 Jefferson St. home, faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each of the 20 counts of harboring illegal immigrants.

He has been held since December at the Wyatt Detention Center in Rhode Island.

"He's doing very poorly and we're all very nervous," lawyer Raymond O'Hara said this week of Tacuri's sentencing, which is scheduled for 2 p.m.

Indicted by a grand jury, Tacuri pleaded not guilty in January to the harboring charges, 18 counts of employing illegal aliens at Same Day Roofing, and one count of making false statements.

Before Saylor in April, Tacuri admitted to the harboring and employing, changing his plea to guilty for those 38 counts.

The government is expected to drop the false statements charge, which is related to his filing of a green card application with inaccurate information.

O'Hara contends Tacuri, who is illiterate in Spanish and English, signed the application that a so-called lawyer prepared but he could not read.

Besides the penalty for the harboring charges, Tacuri could also face, as a maximum sentence, a fine of up to $3,000 and a six-month prison term per count for employing illegal immigrants, according to the U.S. attorney's office.

Saylor, who has heard from counsel and reviewed a probation report and guidelines from the Federal Sentencing Commission, has a great deal of discretion on how to sentence Tacuri.

"The judge is extremely intelligent, and I have a great deal of respect for the judge, so what will happen will happen, and whatever he decides, we will live with," O'Hara said.

O'Hara expects Saylor to hand down a sentence that is "just, that's sufficient but not unreasonably long to comport with the goals of criminal justice."

Tacuri was caught sneaking over the Texas border in 1998 and failed to attend his deportation hearing, which triggered an order for his deportation.

In Milford, Tacuri worked seven days a week as a subcontractor for American roofing companies, doing projects others avoided like rotten and snow-covered roofs while paying his employees well, O'Hara said in April.

At the change of plea hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Nadine Pellegrini recounted allegations that would have been presented at trial.

She said Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents followed a 13-year-old and five other illegal Ecuadorean immigrants in October as they left Tacuri's home in T-shirts and a ladder-topped van that advertised Same Day Roofing.

Four of the illegal immigrants told ICE agents Tacuri paid them under the table and told at least one to "be careful" because they are in the country illegally, according to Special Agent Ronald M. Morin's affidavit.

Through a Spanish interpreter, Tacuri said he agreed with what Pellegrini presented as fact.

Tacuri's wife, Maria, abandoned the couple's $455,000 home in January with their young son, Jonathan. She is staying with friends in Brockton, visiting Daniel in jail two times a week, O'Hara said.

The government has moved to seize Tacuri's property, including the multifamily house and his vehicles.

"He doesn't have anything," O'Hara said. "It's all gone and most of it was tied up in the house that he bought."

In Tacuri's culture, jail is only for people who "hurt people," O'Hara said. "He's humiliated by being in jail," O'Hara said.

He added: "The only way he'll be released is when the plane lands in Ecuador, and I don't know when that's going to be. Hopefully sooner rather than later."
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck em
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
its a start
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
wtf that's illegal?

you wouldn't think so, for how fucking commonplace this shit is

shite, dear, beyond reason
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
wtf that's illegal?

you wouldn't think so, for how fucking commonplace this shit is

shite, dear, beyond reason

Yeah, if he was an American Citizen the irs would put him in prison, no ifs ands or buts
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw him, I hope he rots.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Tacuri, 33, who was arrested with 14 other illegal immigrants in a pre-dawn December raid of his 21 Jefferson St. home, faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each of the 20 counts of harboring illegal immigrants.   end quote

I'll bet one of his neighbors got tired of seeing 14 illegals coming and going from that house and dropped a dime on him.    Ha   He'll just relocate and screw up somebody else's neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
deport his ass outta here
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Please, I hope they make lengthy reservations at the gray bar hotel for his a**.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Side note: That Illegal with about 56,000 dollars stopped by TSA at the airport because they thought he was a drug smuggler, got like 50,000 of it back.

Whew, long sentence
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to find some fault with this guy's employer, "American Roofing Companies" as well.  It's all fine to hire someone as a subcontractor, but that sub is supposed to be licensed.  You're supposed to verify that license.  How the fuck do you suppose a totally illiterate is gonna get a contractor's license?  

Dollars to donuts, they knew he was illegal, they knew his whole crew was illegal, and they only hired him as a sub to give them deniability when they got caught hiring illegal workers.  They should get the same shaft the illegals got.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
deport his ass outta here

So he can hop the border again
I agree let him rot and send a message
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have to find some fault with this guy's employer, "American Roofing Companies" as well.  It's all fine to hire someone as a subcontractor, but that sub is supposed to be licensed.  You're supposed to verify that license.  How the fuck do you suppose a totally illiterate is gonna get a contractor's license?  

Dollars to donuts, they knew he was illegal, they knew his whole crew was illegal, and they only hired him as a sub to give them deniability when they got caught hiring illegal workers.  They should get the same shaft the illegals got.  

Exactly.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Easy to get a contractors licence in Florida and other places for an illegal when there are sympathizers populating certain county clerks offices who likey bribes.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Off with his head.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Next
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

In Tacuri's culture, jail is only for people who "hurt people," O'Hara said. "He's humiliated by being in jail," O'Hara said.

He added: "The only way he'll be released is when the plane lands in Ecuador, and I don't know when that's going to be. Hopefully sooner rather than later."

That about says it all, if that's true.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#17]
So why couldn't he apply for citizenship and start paying taxes?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#18]
hope they toss the book at him 100+ years and then drop pamphlets about it all over Mexico.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#19]

In Milford, Tacuri worked seven days a week as a subcontractor for American roofing companies, doing projects others avoided like rotten and snow-covered roofs while paying his employees well, O'Hara said in April.

Since ARFcom has deigned to ignore this little gem, lets make it a bit bigger.

Free market at work providing prosperity - check
Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

Hey, this guy's papers are out of order!
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

Far easier to paint him as the evil illegal.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

He did that to himself...

Imagine, all that "talent" and he can't manage to fill out some paperwork, get a work visa and come here legally.

TOO FUCKING BAD!
Illegal is JUST THAT!
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#22]
So why won't the Feds convict Mayor Gavin Newsome and cut off funding to San Fran.
Oh wait he was harbouring under age drug dealers.
Those types are cultural heroes in San Franshithole.

assholes...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

Imagine, all that "talent" and he can't manage to fill out some paperwork, get a work visa and come here legally.

TOO FUCKING BAD!
Illegal is JUST THAT!

I would agree with you if it were as simple as "fill out some paperwork, get a work visa."
Do YOU have 10 years of your life to wait while some Washington 'crat gets around to looking at paperwork and deciding quotas.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Well, now he is learning American culture. The hard way.

edited to correct quotation

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#26]
It is a start.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh... Did you miss the part where he was "Housing the workers in his home" Yeah...... I am sure they were free to go any time they wanted to.

Oho ..... And WTF is a 13 year old doing on a roofing crew?

Three sided story here.

He Probably is being prosecuted for working children that Americans wont. He is being prosecuted for doing 1/2 assed jobs for a 1/2 assed company. He is being prosecuted for actively recruiting and harboring other illegal workers, and organizing them in a Black Market  tax free, benefits free environment.

He was FUCKING HIS OWN PEOPLE>
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

What part of "Illegal" alien do you not understand?

Ever jaywalk?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh... Did you miss the part where he was "Housing the workers in his home" Yeah...... I am sure they were free to go any time they wanted to.

Oho ..... And WTF is a 13 year old doing on a roofing crew?

Three sided story here.

He Probably is being prosecuted for working children that Americans wont. He is being prosecuted for doing 1/2 assed jobs for a 1/2 assed company. He is being prosecuted for actively recruiting and harboring other illegal workers, and organizing them in a Black Market  tax free, benefits free environment.

He was FUCKING HIS OWN PEOPLE>

Sure is a lot of speculation there.

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck him, fuck him hard, fuck him hard enough that people whisper about it in his native land to scare little children, fuck him hard enough that I feel a little better.

Good God Almighty what the hell is it with people who defend ILLEGAL FUCKING ALIENS?

Mother Fucking Christ is it any wonder that we're fucking giving the god damned country away if every god damned one of us shrugs his shoulders and says "Meh" when soneone breaks the fucking law.

Comparing what this guy was doing with jaywalking is ignorant. The two are not comparable in any way whatsoever.

Ought to be a bounty on illegals, those who protect them, and those who give them the benefits that they come here for.

And a god damned wall.

We spend how much money erecting walls next to highways to protect the surrounding neighborhoods from noise while allowing scum to walk right in because we're afraid to try.

Sarcasm heavy "Little Nancy doesn't hear the sound of the trucks running up the highway since they put in the wall, but then again she doesn't hear much of anything since her throat was sliced open and her vagina and anus were raped repeatedly by the 25 illegal aliens who befriended the little girl as they walked past the family home each day on their way to pick vegetables at the local farm owned by the kindly old couple who were happy to help out the hard working family values little Americans.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#31]
This is only newsworthy for the fact that he was actually prosecuted.

My parents have the same thing going on across the street from them. An illegal is running a landscape company/boarding house out of a $950,000 home. No one cares except the neighbors. ICE, IRS and the local PD could give a shit less. Only code enforcement seems to give a crap, they cite them for having 10+ cars and trucks parked on the lawn and converting the garage to bedrooms.

There are about 30 guys living in old stables behind a house on my block, they all work for a tree trimming company that is run out of the home.

If an American did any of this, the zoning people, IRS, state labor board, OSHA and any other agency you could think of would be all over it. But since they are illegals, they get a pass.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

Rule of Law....
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#33]
What city/state?

Are we to assume that every news article posted is in the OP's home state?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

My parents have the same thing going on across the street from them. An illegal is running a landscape company/boarding house out of a $950,000 home. No one cares except the neighbors. ICE, IRS and the local PD could give a shit less. Only code enforcement seems to give a crap, they cite them for having 10+ cars and trucks parked on the lawn and converting the garage to bedrooms.

There are about 30 guys living in old stables behind a house on my block, they all work for a tree trimming company that is run out of the home.

If an American did any of this, the zoning people, IRS, state labor board, OSHA and any other agency you could think of would be all over it. But since they are illegals, they get a pass.

+1

If American's did this they'd be crucified!

What part of that seems right?

Work our asses off our entire lives and some asswipe jumps a fence and gets to live outside of our laws but enjoy the benefits of a society that we built.

Fuck em, fuck em hard, fuck em so hard that people whisper about it in their home land.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of "Illegal" alien do you not understand?

Ever jaywalk?

That's it?

That's the best response you have?

He was not arrested for jaywalking.  The guy was in this country illegally.  He has no right whatsoever to be here.

The penalty for that is deportation.

Jaywalking is illegal.
So is crossing the border without the proper papieren.

Both matter to me about the same.

People stomp and fume about the border until they're blue in the face or carry on like a roofer in Rhode Island is a grave personal insult.

Some shit-kicker came up and busted his ass and made something of himself. Give me 5 minutes and I could find you 20 people "native-born" citizen-leeches that I would gladly send to Mexico in his place.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give me 5 minutes and I could find you 20 people "native-born" citizen-leeches that I would gladly send to Mexico in his place.

Well, actually, I kind of agree with you on that one.

I'd be happy to see every illegal alien have a couple of welfare freeloaders under each arm as he is deported.

If the illegals got rid of all the free-loaders, wouldn't that make them doing the job that American's won't?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#39]
You guys realize that Ecuador is not in Mexico, right?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Jaywalking is illegal.

Would support allowing Government Officials to pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce -based on which ones matter to them personally, or politically?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Do you have one politician in your state who could put pressure on these agencies?    Get all of the neighbors to burn the phone lines. Politicians care about votes and the more calls the better.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You guys realize that Ecuador is not in Mexico, right?

Not sure what that has to do with it- many of the illegals here are not Mexican (although most lump them all together).  We have a lot of Guatemalans here for example.  The guy is still here illegally and should be dealt with as the law requires.  Oh, and his lawyers line about how "in his country they only put people in jail who hurt others" is pure emotional BS.; it's very easy to get yourself a room in a Central or South American jail.    
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jaywalking is illegal.

Would support allowing Government Officials to pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce -based on which ones matter to them personally, or politically?

That practice is fairly common, with or without the voters consent.

Look up how well the steel import-export laws are enforced.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Fuck him, fuck him hard, fuck him hard enough that people whisper about it in his native land to scare little children, fuck him hard enough that I feel a little better.

Good God Almighty what the hell is it with people who defend ILLEGAL FUCKING ALIENS?

Mother Fucking Christ is it any wonder that we're fucking giving the god damned country away if every god damned one of us shrugs his shoulders and says "Meh" when soneone breaks the fucking law.

Comparing what this guy was doing with jaywalking is ignorant. The two are not comparable in any way whatsoever.

Ought to be a bounty on illegals, those who protect them, and those who give them the benefits that they come here for.

And a god damned wall.

We spend how much money erecting walls next to highways to protect the surrounding neighborhoods from noise while allowing scum to walk right in because we're afraid to try.

Sarcasm heavy "Little Nancy doesn't hear the sound of the trucks running up the highway since they put in the wall, but then again she doesn't hear much of anything since her throat was sliced open and her vagina and anus were raped repeatedly by the 25 illegal aliens who befriended the little girl as they walked past the family home each day on their way to pick vegetables at the local farm owned by the kindly old couple who were happy to help out the hard working family values little Americans.

Good post, dude.  

I've used nearly that same story when describing the crime rate by these "undocumented felons".
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
So why couldn't he apply for citizenship and start paying taxes?

Would have saved him some heartache.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Because justice and law is all about feeling better.

Giving the country away to whom? Successful roofers? Savvy businessmen? We should be falling over ourselves to make sure these people STAY.

You're right. Jaywalking doesn't affect anyone. This guy, however, was supporting the local grocery store, paying sales tax, generating construction business by having a house built, paying money to the hardware store for supplies. He was bettering a community though the free exchange of capital and labor - THE HORROR!

Ought to be a bounty on illegals, those who protect them, That is the only way to look at the problem if you're serious about addressing it. and those who give them the benefits that they come here for. A bounty on Congress. I'm in, what are you paying?

And a god damned wall.
When you explain to me why this will be more effective than any other wall throughout history. Oh, and how you plan to pay for it.

And a generous serving of xenophobia for dessert. Let me guess, they speared babies on the way through Belgium, too. Right?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard-worker - check
self-starter - check
good employer - check
Papers - ...
PAPERS - ...
PAPERS!!!! - ...

TOO FUCKING BAD!
Illegal is JUST THAT!

I would agree with you if it were as simple as "fill out some paperwork, get a work visa."
Do YOU have 10 years of your life to wait while some Washington 'crat gets around to looking at paperwork and deciding quotas.

If I wanted to be an AMERICAN...YES!
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jaywalking is illegal.

That practice is fairly common, with or without the voters consent.

Look up how well the steel import-export laws are enforced.

Same Question:

Do YOU support Government Officials picking and choosing which laws they wish to enforce -based on which ones matter to them personally, or politically?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top