Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 9:37:46 AM EDT
I am thinking of getting one but want to hear from owners. Next year a 5.7L Hemi style engine with much more power over the 5.9L will be available. Not sure what to do! [>:/]
BrenLover
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Brouha, its times like this when choice sucks!

Bryan
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a 2002 ram 250, 5 speed, quad cab, 4x4, cummins diesel for two months now and I REALLY like it. It feels soo good getting 20 mpg and paying $1.20 per gallon for fuel. I have never operated a gas powered motor that can accelerate up a grade in over-drive. This diesel just winds up the turbo and it keeps on hauling! The truck doesn't have the luxury items like my dad's 2002 GMC Duramax (electric seats and a quiet motor for example) but it has a time tested and legendary motor, Dana 80 and 60 rear and front solid axles, and lots more ground clearance. The GMC is also $9,000 more than the Dodge. My only complaint with this new truck is a similar complaint that I have heard from other Dodge owners and that is that it tends to wander a bit on the highway and requires a little more attention to keep straight compared to other trucks that I have driven. The New Venture 5 speed is also a well tested transmission. If I were going for an automatic, I would have definitely gotten the GMC with the Allison tranny. I just could not pass up the zero interest financing and have always wanted a REAL truck (you know, a diesel!)

Karl
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Another thing that impressed me with the Dodge ram 250 is that it came with Michelin 265/75/15 tires. My dad's GMC came with Firestone that were aired down to 30 psi. Thank God nothing happened to him when he was pulling 8,000 pound fifth wheel. I aired him back up to 60 psi when I noticed this safety hazard.

Karl
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have a 1500 2002? The diesel and V-10 and too costly in terms of gas for me, great trucks though, gotta love that solid axle.
Bryan
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys may want to check out the Dodge Ram discussion forums at Moparchat.com.  Extenisve discussions on all things for Ram Trucks.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top