Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2008 5:36:04 PM EDT
What is bump firing? Is this word taboo?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

have you heard of Google?
check out the very first link in the search below...

www.google.com/search?q=bump+firing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

links under the first include video footage.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a way to REALLY piss off the fudds at your local range.  
Go to you tube and search for bump firing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
OK so I watched some videos. I havent cleary figured out how it is done.  Is their a device involved or only the way you hold the firearm.  Is it illegal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK so I watched some videos. I havent cleary figured out how it is done.  Is their a device involved or only the way you hold the firearm.  Is it illegal.

No. It's not illegal. You only use your finger to bump fire. You are basically pulling the trigger really fast to simulate full auto.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Once you understand the physics, you'll be able to bump fire just about any semi auto rifle, pistol, or shotgun
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody link the video of the fat guy bump firing the Beretta (I think)
off of his belly That pretty much says it all
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]
jerking your rifle off
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
jerking your rifle off

+1 ...................
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
jerking your rifle off

+1 ...................

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's taboo?
Never heard of that! Some people might not cherish the idea of shooting a lot of rounds really fast because of expense, or lack of accuracy, but I think probably everybody here has done it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump firing is just a fun legal way of wasting a lot of ammo in a short period of time. Devices commonly sold at gun shows are unnessary however they do help by resetting the trigger faster. Sadly with the rise in the cost of ammo, even I have lost the desire to dump mags.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I say taboo because some people get a little nervous when you start talking about rapid fire or near full auto weapons that arent "registered".
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I say taboo because some people get a little nervous when you start talking about rapid fire or near full auto weapons that arent "registered".

WTF?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Bumpfire stick.

2x4 and a wooden dowel.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Yep.  We gots ourselves an ATF plant here.

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I wasn't aware there were "rapid fire" or "near full auto" weapons, nor that they needed to be "registered". What, pray tell, is a "near full auto"? Is that an AR15 in a rack next to a FA M-16? I wasn't aware that proximity to NFA weapons was a condition pre-requisite to registration. Though I may have completely misunderstood what you mean by "near full auto"...

And why would someone get nervous about another individual talking about something shady? Hearing about unlawful idiocy isn't a prosecutable offense...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't do it underwater.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Expensive.
If you do it, do it at the END of your range session......
Not illegal, but much easier NOT having to explain..........
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I just did some bump firing this evening. I used a rubber band and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

what the fuck is "near full auto"?  is that like being almost pregnant?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"YES"
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

[IMO]
Not taboo, but ghey. Waste of ammo IMO, in every video I've ever seen on Youtube/Google, Break, Yahoo, etc. Its always a guy with no shirt on, 7/10 have a mullet or rat tail. Pretty much very Fuddish and you never see any fucking targets ever. So let all the fucktards waste their ammo on gheyhump firing their guns. [IMO]

I shoot for where every shot counts. I want to know exactly where my POA is and where my POI ends up. I shoot to get better at this , to try and perfect my skills in marksmanship.So I disagree with bump firing and I think its queer as hell. With the price of ammo now a days you don't see as many people doing it lately.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I just did some bump firing this evening. I used a rubber band and it worked fine.

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats about right
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Expensive.
If you do it, do it at the END of your range session......
Not illegal, but much easier NOT having to explain..........

Yep I had to do some explaining to a MO Dept. of Conservation officer about bumpfiring once.  He wasn't amused.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#28]
bump fire video
m4 w/ 100 rnd cmag
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't aware there were "rapid fire" or "near full auto" weapons, nor that they needed to be "registered". What, pray tell, is a "near full auto"? Is that an AR15 in a rack next to a FA M-16? I wasn't aware that proximity to NFA weapons was a condition pre-requisite to registration. Though I may have completely misunderstood what you mean by "near full auto"...

And why would someone get nervous about another individual talking about something shady? Hearing about unlawful idiocy isn't a prosecutable offense...

Maybe he meant the Akins Accelerator?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he meant the Akins Accelerator?

The Akins device was ruled a non-firearm. Then some BATFucktard freaked out and re-ruled it a machine gun. That said, I'm pretty sure that xxxxxxxxxtreeeeeeeeedemeee was talking about plain old bumping. Though I still have never seen a "rapid fire" gun. I've seen semi-autos and select fire weapons, but never any "near full auto" bullethosing "rapid fire" rifles or pistols..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#31]
A useless skill that wastes ammo
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Been there, done that, shoulder and hip.
Kinda fun but I can't say I live for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top