Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 4:42:21 AM EDT
This little gem happened this weekend about a mile from me.

[url]http://enquirer.com/editions/2001/11/25/loc_two_shot_in_upscale.html[/url]

Two shot in upscale Norwood eatery

An Over-the-Rhine man allegedly shot his ex-girlfriend and her date while running and wildly firing a pistol through a crowded upscale restaurant in Norwood's Rookwood Commons late Friday.

Danny W. Williams, 33, of the 400 block of Mohawk St. surrendered to Cincinnati police at 1 a.m. Saturday. That was about two hours after the shooting at J Alexander's Restaurant on Edmondson Road...

...Mr. Cressey said he had been drinking at the bar with friends for about 20 minutes before the shooting. He said the 50 people in the restaurant at the time of the shooting crawled under tables and piled on top of each other to avoid being hit....

more...
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This is nothing new. My lovely wife works in Avondale which just so happens to be in the heart of where the roiting took place recently and it's nothing to hear about someone shot in that area on a daily basis...
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
write your representative...and our worthless, liar of a gov. taft...bleeecchhh!

keep the pressure on and we will get ccw.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
1.  Donate to Ohioans For Concealed Carry.
2.  Join Peoples Rights Organization, Ohios foremost pro gun group.
3.  Donate to Jim Ramm's efforts on behalf of CCW.  SPends nearly all his time on it!

4.  Get the heck out of that sewer - Cinncinati - as fast as you can!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

J Alexander's Restaurant on Edmondson Road...
View Quote

I eat lunch there all the time because it's close to were I work in Kenwood.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've read at OFCC's web site the CCW bill  may actually pass but may or may not be vetoed by his Highness Gov. Taft.  Suppossedly the Gov will on sign it if the LEO leaders support it.

We wouldn't want Ohio to become another "Wild West Shoot Out" state like all the others around it, would we.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't you understand???  We must ban all handguns like the Violence Policy Center says!  If this perpetrator hadn't had a handgun he couldn't have shot up that restauraunt!

Handgun bans work!  Just look at Washington D.C., Chicago, and London!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Suppossedly the Gov will on sign it if the LEO leaders support it.

This is a convenient way for Taft to weasel his way out of making a decision on concealed carry.  Last time I heard the LEO leaders were against it.  I'm ashamed to admit I voted for this guy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]
This is a nice area too. That is what is so shocking about this wild west shootout. It is time our state wakes up and smells the primer. Danny Williams would have never committed this crime if one half of a brain cell knew that there was a risk of common citizens carrying heat and returning fire.

The only LEO organization who is still against CCW is the Police Chiefs. The Sherriffs are pro. The FOP is neutral. Only the liberal, big metro chiefs are still against it.

I can tell you that if there is ever a wild west type shootout like this where I am present and me or anyone I am with is injured, I will sue the shit out of the city and state for negligence.

The city police want us to rely on their services exclusively, then they need to put up and be everywhere around the clock. This is what they want us to do, but when it comes time to render the service, they are nowhere to be found. That is negligence.

M4A3: I live in the West End on the 1200 block of Central Ave right around the corner from District 1. My wife and I were on the roof of the Music Hall parking garage watching the melee the night the SHTF. While we were up there, we were kind of near a group of off duty officers and Keith Fangman who were also watching from the other side of the roof. My wife and I BOTH clearly heard Keith Fangman use 'nigger' in reference to the mob scene. While I definately do NOT agree with the hood going wild, I have personally seen a bad side to the Cincinnati PD. It was one wild week of living in the urban jungle. The Hueys circling 24/7 for a week straight was the worst part. We had our building secure and walked the perimiter from dusk to dawn. Stupid ass neighbors would go in and out of the building and leave doors unlocked to the street.

When the gangs got to our street I scared the shit more than a couple of times when they saw me coming down the stairs with the Mossberg in one hand, an AR in another and the .45 on the hip.

(edited just because)
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The OSHP aint happy with it, and the Superintendent (think its still Morckel) has some real pull with the guv'ner.

Taft might have a real opponent this time (the guy from Cleveland, his wifes a Kennedy, name evades me), so he's not likely to rock the boat. Lotsa downsides on this, he'll get few advantages from signing so expect him to duck.

Though the OACP is officially against the bill, as written at present, many Chiefs have come out in favor.

Yojimbo, dead on, but this isnt a rational issue, there politicians involved.

Luck
Alac

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The OSHP aint happy with it, and the Superintendent (think its still Morckel) has some real pull with the guv'ner.

Taft might have a real opponent this time (the guy from Cleveland, his wifes a Kennedy, name evades me), so he's not likely to rock the boat. Lotsa downsides on this, he'll get few advantages from signing so expect him to duck.

Though the OACP is officially against the bill, as written at present, many Chiefs have come out in favor.

Yojimbo, dead on, but this isnt a rational issue, there politicians involved.

Luck
Alac

View Quote

All true, especially politicians. In Cincinnati, the FOP endorsement is considered the strongest there can be for any candidate. I don't know why considering the recent history and the racial mix of city's voters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]
BD:

Was hoping you were going tell me that I was all wrong about the OSHP, as my info is a bit dated. Disappointed to be right. Theres quite a few in the Patrol that support the issue, but, once again, politics takes precedence (its a very political org., as most LEO orgs are)

In general Im not a huge fan of CCW laws, excepting Vermont style. Is it true the Ohio legislature was actually considering this? If it even got a official mention, let alone debate, I'd be floored. Mayhap theres hope.

Luck
Alac

Ive always failed to understand why Americans seek approval for Firearms laws from the Police. Perhaps we should allow them similar veto over Miranda, Search and Seizure, and Use of Force. Not that Police in general are prone to abuse, but anything that is perceived to make a job more difficult encounters resistence.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
The lawsuit trial starts on Thursday. We could have Vermont-style in Ohio by next week if the decision comes fast.

[url]http://www.ohioccw.org[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]
A lot of good people are working hard to get CCW in Ohio.  As usual, the NRA has muddied the waters and worked against us.

Gov taft, the coward and liar, will veto it unless he knows the veto will be overturned.  The turd rarely does anything right and CCW is no exception.

Ohio seems unable to elect a decent governor or Senator for that matter!  In some cases the repubs are as bad or worse than most dems.  Witness Dewine (Deweasel) and Voinovich (Coinawitch) as evidence.

I would LOVE to see the court case create CCW leaving the legislature out of the loop!!  Then the anti's would have to go on record against the courts to deny us our rights!!!!

The big city chiefs are just products of their enviornment.  They are often not unlike the crimminals they are sworn to pursue.  (Columbus comes to mind.)  Often Black, nearly always self serving, they do not fairly represent the officers they command, much less the public.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The lawsuit trial starts on Thursday. We could have Vermont-style in Ohio by next week if the decision comes fast.

Amen Brother [:)>]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top