Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2001 10:45:45 PM EDT
I recently visited a friend who has a Valmet m76 registered to him.  He was complaining about the DOJ wanting a picture of the serial number on the receiver, and showed me the letter they sent.  I glanced through and noticed that he registered the weapon in Dec. 1990.  I couldn't think of any reason that he would have registered it then, since Roberti-Roos was 1989 and the Federal ban was 1994.  Is there an amnesty period I'm not thinking of?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC there was a 2nd registration period that cut off in March of 1992. Usually these things run for a year so if RR was signed in 1989 your friend's gun would be have been regged within the first round.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I never saw the M76 on the original ban list.

Someone please throw-out the 1989 list.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I never saw the M76 on the original ban list.
View Quote

It's not on the roberti-roo's list. If he registered it under RR he did so in error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top