User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 4:30:28 AM EDT
Good Morning Everybody!
I hope your Thanksgiving holidays were wonderful.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm.  Some times were good, some bad.

Some were really good, and some were really bad.  All in all, I hope you and everyone else here had a decent holiday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good Morning Everybody!
I hope your Thanksgiving holidays were wonderful.[:D]
View Quote

Heck yeah.

After a nice Thanksgiving with the relatives, the next day was spent at the range, with my first ever use of an AR - my new 2001 LEGP. My ex-Ranger bud put me through the paces. Damn was that a lot of fun. Being a former, virulent anti-gunner, the last thing I thought I'd [i]ever[/i] own was one of these black rifles. I'm thankful I changed my tune, and live in a country that respects the freedom to do so.

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats good to hear mr. bungle. Maybe you've got some friends that you can change over.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I, too, hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I hope that this good feeling last throughout the Christmas Season with all of us!

If you ever need help, or anything, from any of us, as you can tell from the responses given on this Board to one and all, you've certainly come to the right place!

May it always be thus!

And, [b]Mr. Bungle[/b], welcome aboard, not only to our Black-Rifle-Loving-Board, but to full and complete participation in that basic requirement of American citizenship - the Right (and Duty!) to Keep and Bear Arms!

With your participation, this Country of ours can indeed become a Brave New World, but in a meaning far different from that of the author who coined that term, and in a manner never dreamed of by the others.

Eric The(WelcomeToTheBraveNewWorld-You'veBeenHereAllAlong!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats good to hear mr. bungle. Maybe you've got some friends that you can change over.
View Quote

I plan to. From my experience, most anti-gun sentiments start from a visceral fear of firearms - they will inevitably explode in one's hand, or automatically fire at the nearest child. The anti-gun political sentiments are usually built on top of that fear and ignorance, and require it to grow.

The best way to deprogram a fearful person is through education. A few years ago, my mother expressed a complete and total rejection of the idea of a firearm in her home. I took her to the range a while back to start on my Ruger 10/22. All she kept saying was, "I really like this. I can do this," as she shot. Now she owns one herself, and will probably get something bigger.

And once someone knows that they aren't immediately transformed into a psychopath once they use or own a firearm, the first battle is won.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top