Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 8:55:22 PM EDT
I was checking out my buddy's DE and noticed the slide said, "Desert Eagle-.41/.44 Magnum Pistol".... I am assuming that that means the slide/frame etc can work both ammo, and that there is some sort of barrel drop in to switch between the two...He had never even noticed it before.

Anyone know?

Vass
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
At one time, Magnum Industries used to build the DE in 41Mag, but due to the lack of sales, it has been discontinued.  Check out Magnum Research web site [url]http://www.magnumresearch.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I was under the impression that barrels were interchangeable on certain models....
but don't know for sure...

John
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
here's a pic of his piece....

[IMG]http://fack.spleens.net/deagle.jpg[/IMG]

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The Mark VII frame is the same for the .357, .41 and .44 Mag.  The only parts needed to convert between .41 and .44 mag are the bolt, barrel, and action springs.  From either of those to .357 you need all those parts plus slide, springs and spring guide.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Mark VII frame is the same for the .357, .41 and .44 Mag.  The only parts needed to convert between .41 and .44 mag are the bolt, barrel, and action springs.  From either of those to .357 you need all those parts plus slide, springs and spring guide.
View Quote

... true. 50AE is a different platform altogether, however, that is really the only caliber that justifies it's mass.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the current MarkIX frame is 357Mag to 50AE, compatitible.  The older MarkVII frame is not the same frame as the newer MarkIX. If you want to shoot 50AE, and you have a MarkVII frame, no can do, but the Mark IX frame you're  okay, check the web site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top