I cant draw worth a shit but I am in to buy at least 1
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hell if you can't beat em join em

IN
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my concept for commemorative coin:

first side: hand holding pistol, another hand reaching for pistol, hand from above stopping the grabber hand.

flip side: bolt face that reads "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"  with Boltface.

(edited to move image)
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I cant draw worth a shit but I am in to buy at least 1

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll work on some stuff.  Does there need to be any blank area for any engraving?  (number, etc)
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I genuinely like that, maybe you should put a robe on the last arm.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I genuinely like that, maybe you should put a robe on the last arm.

thanks.

I'll gladly clean it up (fix it/add stuff/whatever) in an actual drawing, then scan it and do some digital magic if it gets some support from the the members and powers that be. I'll definitely sharpen it up if it's liked though.

For now, just a rough draft/concept thing..

I'd like to have one around for those times when there's a high stakes coin toss going on in the room.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like the complete 2nd amendment around the top and bottom edges as shown in the design in the other thread.  I REALLY like the idea of a minuteman being prominent in the design.  The Supreme Court building is a nice touch but might be more appropriate for the back.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I really like the complete 2nd amendment around the top and bottom edges as shown in the design in the other thread.  I REALLY like the idea of a minuteman being prominent in the design.  The Supreme Court building is a nice touch but might be more appropriate for the back.  

What I posted in the other thread

What corwin1968 suggested.

Maybe something like this for the back.

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
OK - I did one too. This is a mock up, if chosen I will make it in Illustrator, so it will be clean, vector based graphics. I did it mainly in black and white. I was thinking about if it was a minted coin. If we want or can use colors, we can do that as well.

I went a different route and tried to commemorate the actual event. Instead of posturing ourselves aggressively with our weapons drawn or clutched by an eagle, I opted to show the system that 'worked' and the person who spearheaded the decision. On the heads side we have Scalia and the Supreme Court house with the 5 judges names and the date. On the tales side we have the decision as well as the quote that I found very important about the 2nd amendment being an individual right. I think have the Bill of Rights with the 2nd Amendment being taped back in. I honestly feel this 'repaired' the bill of rights with this descion.

I hope you all like it. I would request one or two of the coins for my troubles if it is selected. Thanks.

ETA - is it possible to print on the edge of the coin, like the new presidential dollars? We could put the 2nd amendment there.

This is  4.5mb file of the same image.

It is in CMYK so you can't see it in your browser. Its for other designers who want to peek at more detail (though there isnt any really, its a mock up.) PLEASE don't click on this unless you really need to, I dont need my ISP (and close friend) yelling at me tomorrow that i fucked up his servers ;o)
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the SCOTUS building a lot, even if it were in less detail. Any image should relate directly to the case itself (i.e., the Supreme Court building, Scalia or Gura portraits, a rought outline of D.C. itself, etc.).

Also, if nothing else, the date MUST be on there somehwere.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I really doubt edge lettering would be possible.  I know its on the presidential dollars, but we don't have the same capabilities as the US mint.  It would be cool, though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK - I did one too. This is a mock up, if chosen I will make it in Illustrator, so it will be clean, vector based graphics. I did it mainly in black and white. I was thinking about if it was a minted coin. If we want or can use colors, we can do that as well.

I went a different route and tried to commemorate the actual event. Instead of posturing ourselves aggressively with our weapons drawn or clutched by an eagle, I opted to show the system that 'worked' and the person who spearheaded the decision. On the heads side we have Scalia and the Supreme Court house with the 5 judges names and the date. On the tales side we have the decision as well as the quote that I found very important about the 2nd amendment being an individual right. I think have the Bill of Rights with the 2nd Amendment being taped back in. I honestly feel this 'repaired' the bill of rights with this descion.

I hope you all like it. I would request one or two of the coins for my troubles if it is selected. Thanks.

ETA - is it possible to print on the edge of the coin, like the new presidential dollars? We could put the 2nd amendment there.

mister44.com/projects/ar15/mister44_heller_coin1.jpg

This is  4.5mb file of the same image.

It is in CMYK so you can't see it in your browser. Its for other designers who want to peek at more detail (though there isnt any really, its a mock up.) PLEASE don't click on this unless you really need to, I dont need my ISP (and close friend) yelling at me tomorrow that i fucked up his servers ;o)

I like it, I just don't know how fine of detail they are capable of... but great concept!  Powerful

Thanks. For the record I will simplify it greatly for the coin. Right now its just pictures I made black and white and upped the contrast on. I would actually make the images in Illustratrator, simplifying the design, making it clean and easy to 'read'. I am sure I can make the design to fit within the parameters of whomever makes the coins.

ETA - is is possible to see a coin done in the past?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]
The words SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and a picture of Justice (blindfold, sword, scales, and all) should be included.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/redeyefry/coin-1.jpg

I would lose the M4 and the bolt logo and put AR15.COM under the building and in my book its G2G

That would actually look really good.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#25]
How about a hand holding a gavel on the gavel rest?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would lose the M4 and the bolt logo and put AR15.COM under the building and in my book its G2G

I agree

That one is the best

needs a revolver...........
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Case name and ar15.com enlarged slightly.  M4 and bolt gone. Quote from HiramRanger's first post. 5 judges names added

ETA: 5th judge added (DUH).  It's early.
Edit again:  Switched images like corwin suggests a few posts below.

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Where is the 5th judge?
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:17:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Case name and ar15.com enlarged slightly.  M4 and bolt gone.

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/redeyefry/coin_3.jpg

Minuteman with the quote from HiramRanger's first post.  Five judges names added at the bottom.

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/redeyefry/coin_back_2-1.jpg

I would remove the prefatory clause and just show the right. It will allow you to make the text considerably larger
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:41:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img518.imageshack.us/img518/2681/shallnotbeinfringedul6.jpg

img58.imageshack.us/img58/9042/heller2008uo2.jpg

Very nice!

I do insist that the gun becomes a Glock 19.

Hand grenades were not protected in this ruling!
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#33]
<grammar nazi>
Are we going to capitalize certain words of the Second Amendment?
</grammar nazi>

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

The original and copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:
“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”

Both versions are commonly used in official government publications. The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and hangs in the National Archives. In District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme Court cites the House and Senate text.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Case name and ar15.com enlarged slightly.  M4 and bolt gone.

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/redeyefry/coin_3.jpg

Minuteman with the quote from HiramRanger's first post.  Five judges names added at the bottom.

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/redeyefry/coin_back_2-1.jpg

I'd rather see it with the BF logo on there.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Old School Tag.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Taggity!
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
love the ideas guys are coming up with!  Keep em coming.

Redeye, two suggestions.  Should be fairly easy.  With the court ruling quote... put it in quotes.

Second, can you show the coin with a pewter finish as well as the gold?  If we don't go color, we may opt for pewter or gold... or maybe both if there is enough demand.

Quotes added and changed color.

We can change the grammar and capitalization to whatever is considered to be the correct wording.  I'm not sure which is  commonly accepted as correct.

I think we should keep the prefatory clause in because that is what the anti's are always accusing us of ignoring.  This way it rubs it in their face and proves to them what it really means.  I could make the type a little larger but space is limited.  Whoever actually makes the coins probably has a minimum type size that can be done.  If everyone decides to just use "The right of the people.." part, I'm fine with that too.

I'm about to leave for work, so if anybody wants to add anything or change my design, just post it and I'll do it when I get home tonight.  I like the other posters designs also.  I'm not opposed to ditching mine for theirs if that what the majority wants.

Edit: Switched images like corwin suggested

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#39]
The one side just seems to have too much empty space around the minuteman. Maybe have the minuteman on top of a boltface logo that takes up all that empty space?
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm liking this even more.  Maybe the images should be reversed and the minuteman should be on the same side as the amendment and the quote and names on the same side as the building.  

I hope we can get the entire amendment on the coin.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#41]
My contribution:

HiramRanger's fat ass on one side

"Kiss Hiram's ass you low-life fucking commies"
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
How about a hand holding a gavel on the gavel rest?

How about a gavel on Brady's head?
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#46]
and what does this challenge coin actually do?  why should we buy it?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Lookin good guys, here's my contribution.

Had to be done in MSPaint of course.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lookin good guys, here's my contribution.

www.rcmonline.net/arfcom/challenge_coin.JPG

Had to be done in MSPaint of course.

Awesome lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#49]
how about something along the lines of this instead of the minute man

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Here's what I came up with:

FRONTS:

BACKS:

And then, just because it's mentioned on ARFcom sometimes:

Regan riding a velociraptor down Mt. Sinai holding the Ten Commandments

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top